FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:08 pm
a mirrer

Programs: ba gold
Originally Posted by Kruisler
I recently dropped from silver to bronze. My memebership year ended 8/2 but my silver card is valid till 31/3.
A couple of weeks ago I booked an HBO fare through my corporate travel agent. Immediately after booking, I want on my phone app and was able to choose my seat. I was curious if it would stick having lost my Silver status.
So I went back to check, using the website this time: the seat selection was retained but changing it again would require payment.
Then finally, when I got to OLCI it turns out my seat selection had been automatically modified. So I'm curious and wondering:
- Should I have been allowed to select my seat in the first place?
- If yes, why did it the system change it last minute? The seta change didn't bother me: although I was switched from Aisle to Window I was moved 2 rows forward and had no seating next to me in the middle seat (theoratical seating at work?)

After booking I also selected the seat for my return leg.. So far it sticks but I now expect it to have changed at OLCI...
did you select the seats before the ta issued the ticket?
if yes my guess is that when you selected the seats the computer has no way of knowing if you are ticketing it as HBO or Plus since the same fare codes are used so it let you select but once IT catches up by checkin as that's when the computer generates a seat for HBO it gives the selected HBO seats