FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:12 am
Kruisler

Programs: BAEC
I recently dropped from silver to bronze. My memebership year ended 8/2 but my silver card is valid till 31/3.
A couple of weeks ago I booked an HBO fare through my corporate travel agent. Immediately after booking, I want on my phone app and was able to choose my seat. I was curious if it would stick having lost my Silver status.
So I went back to check, using the website this time: the seat selection was retained but changing it again would require payment.
Then finally, when I got to OLCI it turns out my seat selection had been automatically modified. So I'm curious and wondering:
- Should I have been allowed to select my seat in the first place?
- If yes, why did it the system change it last minute? The seta change didn't bother me: although I was switched from Aisle to Window I was moved 2 rows forward and had no seating next to me in the middle seat (theoratical seating at work?)

After booking I also selected the seat for my return leg.. So far it sticks but I now expect it to have changed at OLCI...