FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

Beaulieu Nov 27, 2017 9:03 am

Well, this is a shock and sad to hear - it's certainly been my main app of choice for containing all my travel for quite some time now. I know all about problems with data agreements from my line of work and have hit brick walls repeatedly so not overly surprised about the security issues around the data.

tigertanaka Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am

Sad to hear this and thank you for your time in developing this excellent and invaluable product @schofs

Physci Nov 27, 2017 9:13 am

Very sorry to hear this - MyFlights has been an essential travel tool for me for many years. Many thanks @schofs for all the hard work with this.

AdBoy Nov 27, 2017 9:16 am

The app is an absolute godsend.

Will be very sad and sorry to see it go.

Best of luck to you.

nbevan Nov 27, 2017 9:24 am

Some practical thoughts/questions

1. For some of us MyFlights could still be useful just for bookings made with BA (if approval to access the BA data was possible?). But I can see that this niche market might not be sufficient for schofs to support?

2. It would be helpful if anyone could suggest any alternatives that cover part of the functionality. For example how much can the professional version of Tripit provide? In any case, I assume that any similar services will be caught by the same restrictions?

FlyingScientist Nov 27, 2017 9:32 am

I will never fly again. :(

When I Travel The World Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

It sucks that they will end :(

klmml Nov 27, 2017 9:49 am

Very sorry to hear this, it has been incredibly useful.

Is it worth complaining to Amadeus?

nufnuf77 Nov 27, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by klmml (Post 29105036)
Very sorry to hear this, it has been incredibly useful.

Is it worth complaining to Amadeus?

probably not, sounds like an issue with the new data protection regulation GDPR, it’s making lives of some of us miserable!
on the other hand if one were to be based in a country far far away, eg Belize...

fransknorge Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by nbevan (Post 29104900)

1. For some of us MyFlights could still be useful just for bookings made with BA (if approval to access the BA data was possible?). But I can see that this niche market might not be sufficient for schofs to support?

2. It would be helpful if anyone could suggest any alternatives that cover part of the functionality. For example how much can the professional version of Tripit provide? In any case, I assume that any similar services will be caught by the same restrictions?

The main point of MyFlights was the near real time check of bookings and the alert when a change occurs. There are no similar App on the market, TripIt Pro does something completely different.
Well those are sad news, MyFlights was extremely useful, bug free and excelling at what it was doing.

Deltus Nov 27, 2017 10:30 am

This is bad news! Not only for the flight change alerts that MyFlights was designed for, but I use the website as my general go-to to check the details of all my upcoming travel (to see arrival dates/times when booking hotels and car hire, for example). With first the death of BlackBerry Travel, and now MyFlightsApp, I'm struggling for a good solution. Neither TripIt nor Google Trips seems to be as good - what do I have to do to qualify as a "travel agent" and be able to use the new incarnation of MyFlights App?

(And it probably goes without saying, but massive thanks schofs for providing the service so far, whatever happens in the future!)

Lefly Nov 27, 2017 10:36 am

I am almost with no words. It is a great service, and will be really missed... :(
Amadeus checkmytrip doesn't come even close!

It's a shame, really.

Sorry, Schofs, and thank you.

T8191 Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am

Deeply saddened ... in the last few years we've been flying more than ever before, with nearly half our sectors on an AAirline notorious for numerous changes, and the rest on one that doesn't bother to tell you! The App has saved us serious grief on a few occasions

Thanks for your efforts, you will be sorely missed in this household and in the wider community. Best wishes for Christamas and the New Year, and for your next venture!

Calchas Nov 27, 2017 10:56 am

Originally Posted by nbevan (Post 29104900)

There’s check my trip, but the interface is much more clumsy (lots of big writing, useful information like ticket numbers is hidden away), and instead cluttered with pointless features like a currency converter or current weather in the city.

It’s also ad-supported, and given how much Amadeus charges TAs and airlines, that’s a bit of a joke.

I don’t think there’s anything besides My Flights aimed at “power users” who just want all the information quickly. :(

dylanks Nov 27, 2017 11:07 am

First FlightTrack Pro and now My Flights... really sad as it feels like we've gone back in time 5 years in efficiency and tooling for tracking bookings and flight status. Thanks MyFlights App for the great service over the years!