FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

Roger Jul 7, 2017 10:00 am

I've noticed that the desktop version shows some price and tax info. I checked our imminent RFS bookings and see the following info:

LHR-ZRH-LHR in ET
amount charged p.p. £35

Fare Calculation LON BA ZRH000.00BA LON000.00NUC000.00END ROE0.819712
Price Breakdown Total 65.50 GBP Price With Tax 65.50 Price Without Tax 0.00 Tax 65.50 Service Fee 0.00

LGW-FUE in CE
amount charged p.p. £25

Fare Calculation LON BA FUE000.00NUC000.00END ROE0.789732
Price Breakdown Total 38.72 GBP Price With Tax 38.72 Price Without Tax 0.00 Tax 38.72 Service Fee 0.00

FUE-LGW in CE
amount charged p.p. £9

Fare Calculation FUE BA LON000.00NUC000.00END ROE0.935287
Price Breakdown Total 9.00 GBP Price With Tax 9.00 Price Without Tax 0.00 Tax 9.00 Service Fee 0.00

No further breakdown is available to me, but if the 'Tax' amounts are those payments that BA have to make, it reinforces what a bargain RFS fares can be.

Oaxaca Jul 7, 2017 10:41 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28477110)
Well just to clarify, you can remain in gratis land if you wish but this means checks on your bookings every 48 hrs. This may be fine for most I would imagine. Also, just as you currently can, I imagine you can force an update on a specific booking at any time.

If you want more regular checking and flight connection monitoring that would be when you pay.

BASIC
Free
All your travel bookings in one place
Amadeus bookings monitored for changes every 48h
Automatically import trips from TripIt
Available on iPhone, iPad & on the web

SILVER
£4.99 per month
Amadeus bookings monitored for changes every 12h
Flight monitoring from 12h before scheduled departure
Flight connection monitoring
All MyFlights BASIC features

GOLD
£7.99 per month
Amadeus bookings monitored for changes at least every 2h
All MyFlights SILVER features, including flight & connection monitoring
All MyFlights BASIC features, including TripIt integration

Am slightly late to this party, though had noticed the decreasing frequency of monitoring (have been receiving notifications of changes to bookings a couple of days after the flight).

So, is it correct that based on KARFA's summary above (thanks, very helpful), that the only difference between Silver and Gold is the frequency of monitoring? I saw a post from schofs talking about possibly having delay monitoring starting earlier for Gold. Is there anything else done or planned to differentiate Gold in terms of functionality?

The free version is increasingly impractical for me (not complaining, understand the data issues with Amadeus and was great while it lasted), so debating which version to go for. The pricing feels like it might be a little on the high side, but in schofs we trust, am happy to give it a go when it has served me so well since I got the app.

Physci Jul 7, 2017 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca (Post 28531475)
The pricing feels like it might be a little on the high side, but in schofs we trust, am happy to give it a go when it has served me so well since I got the app.

You can pay annually in advance which gets a discount to the monthly amount

fransknorge Jul 8, 2017 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 28530285)
Thanks for the feedback.

I do hope it's nothing permanent; SN is awful when it comes to communicate changes, so the booking monitoring was even more valuable.

There is a thread over in the Lufthansa Group forum, obviously.
It seems the LH group is now blocking third party Amadeus access. CMT is also affected.

IMH Jul 13, 2017 1:23 pm

I've been away from FT and this thread for a few days so only discovered today (from the email explaining the problem with LH group bookings) that subscription options have been introduced.

I've signed up now, but would have done so sooner if a friendly advertising email had reached me. I'm almost certain that I haven't had one.

MyFlights App Jul 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 28556889)
I've been away from FT and this thread for a few days so only discovered today (from the email explaining the problem with LH group bookings) that subscription options have been introduced.

I've signed up now, but would have done so sooner if a friendly advertising email had reached me. I'm almost certain that I haven't had one.

Hi @IMH,

You're right - we had a launch email all ready to send, but when the LH situation arose, we decided to hold off until we'd discussed with Amadeus to understand the situation better. We wanted to ensure before we told users about the new options that they had all the facts.

And thanks for signing up too!

Schofs

Lefly Jul 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28556920)
Hi @IMH,

You're right - we had a launch email all ready to send, but when the LH situation arose, we decided to hold off until we'd discussed with Amadeus to understand the situation better. We wanted to ensure before we told users about the new options that they had all the facts.

And thanks for signing up too!

Schofs

I suppose still no definitive info about it?

BA6501 Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm

It would surprise me if the situation were reversed, AF/KL has had that restriction for years.

Calchas Jul 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 28557166)
It would surprise me if the situation were reversed, AF/KL has had that restriction for years.

DL did reverse their policy of denying ExpertFlyer access to their data.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post23465105

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post26707497

MyFlights App Jul 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Expedia did the same thing a few years ago. However they soon came to realise that their users wanted their bookings to be available using CheckMyTrip, and they reversed their decision.

LH are currently saying it's as a result of a security concern with Amadeus. I can understand that this is their official line, but given LH send out the bookings by unencrypted email, and have the same security on their own solutions, they appear to have other reasons.

fransknorge Jul 14, 2017 2:48 am

Yes, it is a blow and diminish the value of MyFlights for me, although it is not MyFlights fault.
BTW this topic is now clearly out of the scope of the BAEC forum.

MyFlights App Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Just to add a few data points about LH... there are still a very large number of live LH PNRs being monitored by MyFlights that are unaffected by the LH block. These have all been booked via travel agents (e.g. Expedia). I'm not saying every single travel agent will work, but the gist is, if you book via a proper travel agent (and not just an intermediary who book the ticket for you on LH's systems) you should be fine to access it in MyFlights.

FallOfTheWall Jul 23, 2017 6:42 am

I just noted that I've been seat shifted (row 12 to 17 due to a curtain move) on a flight on Friday and the MyFlights app is not picking up the change. I've tried manually refreshing multiple times as well as removing and re-adding the booking to no avail.

Both the BA and CheckMyTrip apps are showing the new seat.

I'd be happy to supply my booking ref for troubleshooting in case there's some phenomenon affecting other's bookings as well.

MyFlights App Jul 23, 2017 7:31 am

Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall (Post 28595432)
I just noted that I've been seat shifted (row 12 to 17 due to a curtain move) on a flight on Friday and the MyFlights app is not picking up the change. I've tried manually refreshing multiple times as well as removing and re-adding the booking to no avail.

Both the BA and CheckMyTrip apps are showing the new seat.

I'd be happy to supply my booking ref for troubleshooting in case there's some phenomenon affecting other's bookings as well.

Hi - sounds odd that CMT has it right and MF doesn't - send me your login email address and the booking ref to [email protected] and I'll have a shifty.

Thanks,
Chris

MyFlights App Jul 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Having reviewed the data feeds and what CMT is showing, I've found the following:

1) The Amadeus feed is not showing the new seat, even though CMT is
2) The Amadeus feed is showing that the seat is now no-longer confirmed

I've therefore contacted Amadeus to find out a little more, but primarily what the user is going to be concerned about here is that the seat they thought they had selected is no longer theirs. Therefore I've implemented the following changes:

1) The web version of the app will now show the confirmation status for seats on Amadeus PNRs. This is implemented and will show when either a booking change is found, or new bookings are added.

2) The MyFlights booking comparison scripts will look to see if a seat which was previously confirmed (or previously assumed to be confirmed) is no longer confirmed. If this happens, the user will be alerted in the normal way (Push/Email notification) with the changes sent to them. This is now implemented.

3) The next version of the app (which will be out soon) will also have the seat status, in a similar manner to the web version mentioned above in 1).

I'm following up with Amadeus, but primarily the alerting that the seat you had selected is no longer confirmed is now handled.

Cheers,
Chris