FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

florens Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28929221)
Just looking through the logs - between 19:46 and 20:22 UK time it looks like Amadeus was showing a number of bookings no longer being found. If you search again it should now find it.

I'll keep monitoring, but looks like a temporary Amadeus glitch.

Ok, thanks!

MyFlights App Oct 19, 2017 7:48 am

All - a quick note to say that there's an update out today (4.0.3) which has iPad support with better use of screen space, rotation support etc.

If you're a user of the HD app, I'll be turning that off in the not too distant future as it's pretty out of date now, and is effectively replaced by the universal app.

hearingdouble Oct 19, 2017 9:33 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28951232)
All - a quick note to say that there's an update out today (4.0.3) which has iPad support with better use of screen space, rotation support etc.

If you're a user of the HD app, I'll be turning that off in the not too distant future as it's pretty out of date now, and is effectively replaced by the universal app.

Thanks! Works perfectly and have now deleted the HD app. ^

MyFlights App Oct 19, 2017 10:16 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 28951659)

Great - thanks for confirming :)

Physci Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 28951659)

same here

FlyingScientist Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

I have to say that I find the map in the HD app better.

T8191 Oct 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28951232)

Will it launch as an Upgrade, or do I have to uninstall and start over?

Physci Oct 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 28952437)

Ipad will update automatically (if you have seething on) or go to App Store and manually update. If you have the HD version then you’ll need to install the generic version instead

MyFlights App Oct 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist (Post 28952398)
I have to say that I find the map in the HD app better.

I'm going to be adding an 'expand' option on the new maps to make them all fill the screen. Will include in the next version.

Cheers,
Chris

MyFlights App Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 28952437)

If you have the non-HD version on your device, then it'll just update as any normal update. It'll appear in the updates section, or you can search for MyFlights and press Update if it hasn't automatically updated.

If you have the HD version on your iPad, you'll need to delete that and download the non-HD version (just called MyFlights) from the AppStore. When you launch it, you'll need to sign in with your email and password (the same as you used on your HD version) and all of your bookings will be restored.

FlyingScientist Oct 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28952629)
I'm going to be adding an 'expand' option on the new maps to make them all fill the screen. Will include in the next version.

Thanks.

T8191 Oct 20, 2017 1:52 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28952639)
If you have the non-HD version on your device, then it'll just update as any normal update. It'll appear in the updates section, or you can search for MyFlights and press Update if it hasn't automatically updated.

And overnight, the Update has appeared! Installing 4.0.3 now :)
Many thanks for an excellent App! ^

Himeno Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 28485326)
Hi all - just to say I've created an official MyFlights App account here on FT - so if you have any questions, thoughts, suggestions etc., feel free to get in touch with this account.

Also there's one other member of the MyFlights team (Chloë) who will also use this account to help out with support questions and queries, but I suspect it'll mainly be me!

Cheers,
Chris (schofs)

If only it didn't mean I have to create yet another account on something I'll likely only use for 4 weeks/year and then forget about.

Why do these useful sites like checkmytrip or virtuallythere keep dumping the useful site and go to app based while forcing everyone to create accounts. :mad:

Tobias-UK Oct 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Himeno (Post 28967129)
If only it didn't mean I have to create yet another account on something I'll likely only use for 4 weeks/year and then forget about.

Why do these useful sites like checkmytrip or virtuallythere keep dumping the useful site and go to app based while forcing everyone to create accounts. :mad:

You don't need to. You use your existing account login.

percysmith Oct 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi Chris

Using airport codes in lieu of full names my app.

On upgrade, the setting is deleted, and when I reinstated the setting, it will be reset again the next time I terminate the app/reboot my iPhone.

Any fix? iOS 10.3.3. Thanks in advance!