FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

rossmacd Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

This is bad news. Thanks for providing such a solid, but simple, app to make frequent travelling easier.

Gone, but not forgotten!

aks120 Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

I am another one who is very sad to see this go. I am sorry it has come to this - it was my fav travel app!

Regards

aks120

our_kid Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am

Ditto many thanks too - the app has saved my bacon on many occasions

greg5 Nov 27, 2017 11:43 am

This is awful news! Count me among the folks of whom this is their favorite app. It's saved me a bit of trouble over the years, and has kept me in my exit rows when I've had equipment changes. Thanks for supporting us for all these years! :(

furryman Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am

Ho hum. So long and thanks for all the fish (assistance)

headingwest Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

Very sad news.

I was hoping, after all the problems that you experienced with the app not so long ago Schofs, that MyFlights would go from strength to strength. This is the app that I use most from all on my iPhone, so it will be sorely missed.

I hope that whatever remains continues to provide you with some motivation to do other things, because you're obviously very talented. Best wishes for the future and thanks!

Firipu Nov 27, 2017 11:53 am

Very sad news. The app has been invaluable for me and I'm sure that it will be sorely missed by the FT community

nbevan Nov 27, 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 29105319)
There’s check my trip, but the interface is much more clumsy (lots of big writing, useful information like ticket numbers is hidden away), and instead cluttered with pointless features like a currency converter or current weather in the city.

It’s also ad-supported, and given how much Amadeus charges TAs and airlines, that’s a bit of a joke.

I don’t think there’s anything besides My Flights aimed at “power users” who just want all the information quickly. :(

I wondered what other solutions there were to being alerted to flight changes. So far I have identified:

CheckMyTrip states: "Free flight notifications", but with no indication of when this starts?
TripIt Pro: can check from T-3 days
TripCase: can check from T-2 days
ExpertFlyer: can set up Aircraft Change Alerts, and alerts for your seat becoming vacant

silonic Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

My deep gratitude for a great app. As many have said, it has saved me on a number of occasions and the ability to give feedback and have it acted upon has been fantastic.

i wish you the best. Is there something you can do utilising Navitaire or Sabre?

Jase76 Nov 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Export function to be made available?

Just to add my disappointment to the sad news @schofs, this app has helped maximise my travel experiences. Will there be a way to export the bookings I have in MyFlights? I like to track my flights and there is a lot of valuable information in MyFlights.

Cris L Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm

I'm not much of a flyer in comparison to most of the other FT's as I only have some 23 reservations loaded in MyFlights, by this app does organise my life.

Sorely missed already is the best way to describe it's pending loss. What I value most about the app, apart from the change alerts is the ability to see things quickly and easily on a single screen.

Thank you Chris for all the hard work you have put into this App.

DELLAS Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29104533)
Emails now going out again (there's a lot to send tho!)

The service in its entirety will end on 31st December. My agreement with Amadeus is up for renewal then. For security reasons, the new service after this requires me to have an agreement (approval) from the company (e.g. travel agent or airline) that a booking is made with so I can access their data. This would mean many thousands of agreements which just isn't possible I'm afraid. There is no longer an option for one agreement to access data from any provider.

This is a huge loss it is the best App for travel alerts around. Thank you for your hard work since setting it up and good luck in your future projects.

KeaneJohn Nov 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I can’t say anything that hasn’t been said, an incredible app alerted me to numerous curtain shifts. Thank you

Saltire74 Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Wasn't as much of a heavy user as some on the forum but what a fantastic app. Very sad to see it go. Thanks Chris for sharing and the support you have given to all of us.

Best wishes

​​​​​​​S

Tiffywren Nov 27, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm really sad to see this go, it's a fantastic app, thanks for the work you put into it and good luck with the TA version.