FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1684072-question-about-my-flights-app-service-ends-31-dec-2017-a.html)

tigertanaka Nov 20, 2017 5:19 am

I booked a BA flight on Friday via our corporate travel agent, the flight ticketed in the early hours of this morning. At lunchtime it occurred to me to add this trip to the MyFlights app but I get the message: "The airline has blocked Amadeus from accessing this booking."

I have never had a problem before with the 60+ trips I have showing in my past bookings (mostly booked via the same travel agent). I checked the flight here: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS and everything looks fine so I wonder if there is a problem somewhere between BA/Amadeus/MyFlights?

MyFlights App Nov 20, 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tigertanaka (Post 29080476)
I booked a BA flight on Friday via our corporate travel agent, the flight ticketed in the early hours of this morning. At lunchtime it occurred to me to add this trip to the MyFlights app but I get the message: "The airline has blocked Amadeus from accessing this booking."

I have never had a problem before with the 60+ trips I have showing in my past bookings (mostly booked via the same travel agent). I checked the flight here: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS and everything looks fine so I wonder if there is a problem somewhere between BA/Amadeus/MyFlights?

Can you send me the PNR/Lastname to [email protected] and I'll have a look

tigertanaka Nov 20, 2017 8:07 am

Originally Posted by MyFlights App (Post 29080910)
Can you send me the PNR/Lastname to [email protected] and I'll have a look

I just tried it again and it is working now. I will drop you the details anyway just in case you wanted to check from your end.

Deltus Nov 21, 2017 2:51 am

I have a booking with a codeshare that is doing funny things. I'm flying on IB3177 LHR-MAD on 30th March, and My Flights App says "Operated by British Airways". To be fair, my booking confirmation from LastMinute.com also says that, but I'm 95% sure that the flight is on Iberia metal. Google Flights shows the flight as BA518 "Operated by Iberia".

Is this just a mistake in Amadeus that My Flights App is passing on, or is My Flights App making the mistake? To be fair, I also thought that it was BA metal when I booked it for some reason, but I've now realised my mistake (I think...).

Schwann Nov 21, 2017 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 29084298)
I have a booking with a codeshare that is doing funny things. I'm flying on IB3177 LHR-MAD on 30th March, and My Flights App says "Operated by British Airways". To be fair, my booking confirmation from LastMinute.com also says that, but I'm 95% sure that the flight is on Iberia metal. Google Flights shows the flight as BA518 "Operated by Iberia".

Is this just a mistake in Amadeus that My Flights App is passing on, or is My Flights App making the mistake? To be fair, I also thought that it was BA metal when I booked it for some reason, but I've now realised my mistake (I think...).

I believe it's because all IB flights leave T5 with a BA flight number, regardless of them being operated by BA or IB.

Globaliser Nov 21, 2017 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 29084337)
I believe it's because all IB flights leave T5 with a BA flight number, regardless of them being operated by BA or IB.

IIRC from the time that this started, the IB flights depart with a BA prime number for airport operational purposes, ie so that they can be handled by T5's systems.

If you look at the ExpertFlyer availability listings, for example, you should see IB3177 listed as "IB (**) 3177", and if you hover over the "**" you'll get a pop-up that says "operated by Iberia".

Calchas Nov 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 29084298)

It's because a "BA" prime code is given for both BA- and IB-operated departures from LHR (together with an IB codeshare) and an "IB" prime code is given for both BA- and IB-operated departures from MAD (together with a BA codeshare). It's supposed to represent the happy marriage of the two airlines. But really just confuses everyone who doesn't look very carefully at the distinction between the prefix of the prime code and the operating carrier.

In the case of BA 518 / IB 3177:

Code:

DOBA518/23NOV
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              BA 518    1 TH 23NOV17   
APT ARR  DY DEP  DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT  TTL 
LHR          1545  TH JCDRI/M  YB/G      320        2:25     
                      HKMLVNQOSG/G                             
MAD 1910  TH                                                2:25
COMMENTS-
 1.LHR MAD  - AIRCRAFT OWNER IBERIA                           
 2.LHR MAD  - OPERATED BY IBERIA     

3.LHR MAD  - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                             
 4.LHR MAD  - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5                             
 5.LHR MAD  - ARRIVES TERMINAL 4                             
 6.LHR MAD  -  9/ NON-SMOKING                               
 7.LHR MAD  -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                   
 8.LHR MAD  -  CO2/PAX* 124.89 KG ECO, 124.89 KG PRE         
HKMLVNQOSG/G                             
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                 

CONFIGURATION-
              320  C  18  M 144                             
>

Globaliser Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 29090488)
It's supposed to represent the happy marriage of the two airlines.

Is it? I thought it was confirmed that it was simply the rather mundane reason that IB's systems don't work with the T5 systems, so the workaround is to pretend that the flights are "BA" flights by giving them a BA prime code at T5.

BA6501 Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 29090488)
It's because a "BA" prime code is given for both BA- and IB-operated departures from LHR (together with an IB codeshare) and an "IB" prime code is given for both BA- and IB-operated departures from MAD (together with a BA codeshare). It's supposed to represent the happy marriage of the two airlines. But really just confuses everyone who doesn't look very carefully at the distinction between the prefix of the prime code and the operating carrier.

In the case of BA 518 / IB 3177:

Code:

DOBA518/23NOV
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 518 1 TH 23NOV17
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1545 TH JCDRI/M YB/G 320 2:25
HKMLVNQOSG/G
MAD 1910 TH 2:25
COMMENTS-
1.LHR MAD - AIRCRAFT OWNER IBERIA
2.LHR MAD - OPERATED BY IBERIA

3.LHR MAD - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
4.LHR MAD - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5
5.LHR MAD - ARRIVES TERMINAL 4
6.LHR MAD - 9/ NON-SMOKING
7.LHR MAD - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
8.LHR MAD - CO2/PAX* 124.89 KG ECO, 124.89 KG PRE
HKMLVNQOSG/G
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR

CONFIGURATION-
320 C 18 M 144
>

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29090770)
Is it? I thought it was confirmed that it was simply the rather mundane reason that IB's systems don't work with the T5 systems, so the workaround is to pretend that the flights are "BA" flights by giving them a BA prime code at T5.

Indeed this. I've heard the other explanation a couple times, as well as the "fact" about MAD-LHR being all IB prime, which is not the case. There are both IB3160-3180 flights, which are proper IB flights, and IB74xx flights which are operated by BA. BA flights MAD-LHR are BA4xx, and IB operated flights are BA7xxx.

Deltus Nov 23, 2017 1:59 am

Ah, well thanks all for the explanation! I was worried I would have to have my first CE "afternoon tea" experience, but looks like I'll be getting whatever the IB equivalent is instead.

hearingdouble Nov 23, 2017 2:37 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks again for the great app. Came across a random glitch today — I have an itinerary that involves ISG airport (Ishigaki). The map shows Ishigaki as being somewhere in Colombia, rather than off the coast of Taiwan! Seems to be an isolated glitch as all the other Japanese outlying islands are in the right place...

Richard

KARFA Nov 23, 2017 2:40 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 29092067)
Hi Chris,

Thanks again for the great app. Came across a random glitch today — I have an itinerary that involves ISG airport (Ishigaki). The map shows Ishigaki as being somewhere in Colombia, rather than off the coast of Taiwan! Seems to be an isolated glitch as all the other Japanese outlying islands are in the right place...

Richard

Ishigaki seems to be closed since 2013?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishigaki_Airport

hearingdouble Nov 23, 2017 2:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 29092075)
Ishigaki seems to be closed since 2013?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishigaki_Airport

New Ishigaki Airport uses the same code (ISG) and is usually referred to as Ishigaki Airport...

KARFA Nov 23, 2017 2:53 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble (Post 29092097)
New Ishigaki Airport uses the same code (ISG) and is usually referred to as Ishigaki Airport...

Thanks, so it does. No idea why my search brought up the closed one only before, will have to work on my searching abilities!

daftboy Nov 23, 2017 3:46 am

This is massively inconsequential (but hey, it’s FT :p) but I noticed that Avianca Brasil (O6) does not have an airline logo showing in the app, which makes my otherwise pretty list of past flights have a bit of a gap in it.

(I believe legally the airline is Oceanair, but it uses the Avianca brand)