Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
+1!

Anything we can do to help get things back? Funding, angry letters, DYKWIA behaviour etc?
The CheckMyTrip reviews page in the App store is filling up with MyFlights praise and poor reviews for Amadeus' offering.

Let's use it to vent our feelings towards Amadeus. They won't like it being up there for all to read!

I've just added my own thoughts..

Last edited by fourspoons; May 31, 2016 at 5:55 am
Old May 31, 2016, 4:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
We in HK are so sorry to hear. CX's app is stinking piece of excrement and Checkmytrip is not a lot much better.

My Flights App was highly valued by the HK FT community for giving timely warning on equipment changes, which happens a lot on CX short hauls.

Also it's bloody fast.

I tried V5 of Checkmytrip. I cut short what I was doing and went back home to force a downgrade.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:53 am

Slightly late to the wake but just read about this and wanted to add my +1 to the above. Thanks schofs for your excellent (and free) app and best of luck in the future.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Just to add how sad I am as well to see it go.
I've been using MyFlight for years, and not only has it been incredibly easy tracking my (and other family members) flights that way, but I can think of at least 3 or 4 times where it alerted me of very last minute aircraft and seating changes allowing me to sort something out.

Many many thanks schofs and I hope you find a way to bring it back soon.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Wow, just realised this. Thanks again schofs for all your amazing work.

I would happily put £100 into a kickstarter or whatever if there was any chance to get this going again? It has saved me from bad seats / alerted a schedule or aircraft change / got me first in line for rebooking etc. on so many occasions.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I'm all for a bit of crowdfunding too, if that would help.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Such a shame this was a great app. Thanks schofs
Old May 31, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
+1 for the well-deserved thanks and appreciation of all the efforts and for all the priceless results the app delivered.

And +1 for the willingness to crowdfund or otherwise provide support if the opportunity arises going forwards.

It reminds me of the furore created a few years ago when access to the national rail data was limited in order for an expensive 'official app' to be sold - they eventually backed down and licenced others, but that relates to publicly-owned information, which airline bookings are not.

But in the smartphone era, you'd think businesses would realise that the public demands this kind of functionality and it's not good P.R. to shut out independent apps that deliver what you don't or can't or won't.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by fourspoons
The CheckMyTrip reviews page in the App store is filling up with MyFlights praise and poor reviews for Amadeus' offering.

Let's use it to vent our feelings towards Amadeus. They won't like it being up there for all to read!

I've just added my own thoughts..
^ Yes, keep the vents against Amadeus coming.
I would, like the others happily give money for re-open of this app.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
App will be sorely missed. Thanks schofs for all the efforts!
Old May 31, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which app does Amadeus think will replace this?

They have several, all of which appear grossly inadequate.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
Which app does Amadeus think will replace this?

They have several, all of which appear grossly inadequate.
I was wondering that. Wasn't at all sure which to download as a replacement. Very sad to see this go. Although I only came across it about 18 months ago, it has been incredibly useful.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
The latest version of Check My Trip is, I think, meant to replace My Flights, but it's lacking a LOT of the detail and features of the latter, as far as I can tell.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by armouredant
The latest version of Check My Trip is, I think, meant to replace My Flights, but it's lacking a LOT of the detail and features of the latter, as far as I can tell.
It also has such a pathetic and childish screen that means you can only see 1/3 of the number of trips on a screen as you can on My Flights.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Noooooooo

Hope it comes back online again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.