Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Excellent! Power of the masses, we shall get MyFlights back!!!
Vive la résistance!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Excellent! Power of the masses, we shall get MyFlights back!!!
I suspect that the person who made the decision is not the same person who will bear the criticism for poor reviews in the app store
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I suspect that the person who made the decision is not the same person who will bear the criticism for poor reviews in the app store
Almost certainly not, but the more s**t hits the fan, the higher up the chain the spray goes.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Appstores are national, so in the NL store there are no reviews. Too bad...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by henkybaby
If only there were Flyertalk users based in the Netherlands...

Aside: I don't know who wrote the copy on this page, but "By connecting to the Internet address http://www.checkmytrip.com, you access Amadeus CheckMyTrip" is possibly the most overwrought way of describing how to get to a web site that I've heard since the 1990s.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Downloaded the Amadeus app just to see how useless it was. Indeed it is useless compared to MyFlights, no surprise there.
I have a flight to Grenada on Saturday. The Amadeus app is helpfully showing my a picture of a local landmark at my destination: the Alhambra Palace in Granada. Well, I've heard it's an easy enough mistake to make...

Last edited by Zzzap; Jun 2, 2016 at 8:20 am Reason: Unwarranted capitalisation
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Zzzap
Downloaded the Amadeus app just to see how useless it was. Indeed it is useless compared to MyFlights, no surprise there.
I have a flight to Grenada on Saturday. The Amadeus app is helpfully showing my a picture of a local landmark at my destination: the Alhambra Palace in Granada. Well, I've heard it's an easy enough mistake to make...
As this couple found out - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-mix-up.html
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Zzzap
My MAN-LHR-YYC trip shows a picture of a pair of female legs walking along with a trolley bag. Quite what that has to do with my trip I have no idea.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
My MAN-LHR-YYC trip shows a picture of a pair of female legs walking along with a trolley bag. Quite what that has to do with my trip I have no idea.
Check your ticket information to ensure you paid extra for a 'fully body ticket' and not just a 'part body ticket'.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Check your ticket information to ensure you paid extra for a 'fully body ticket' and not just a 'part body ticket'.
Unfortunately CMT is such a pile of **** Maybe it's that one of the legs (see what I did there ) needs a reissue
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So this explains why I am seeing this on the website, but not getting any mails or seeing the booking actually change on MyFlights:

At least the website has been updated today to explain the situation!

So sad it's gone!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Unfortunately the Amadeus Corporate headquarters are in Spain and the product development is in France, so hopefully there are so similar reviews on the App stores they see locally.......
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
I just left a scathing review (see below) - lets hope it posts. How long do the reviews take to post in general?

Doesn't do what it says on the tin!
A very limited app with little to know added value. The purpose of a PNR tracking app is to show you all the relevant information about your booking and any changes to it. So showing me my flight time is the only boxed checked on this app. The 'MyFlights' app I was using until Amadeus decided to block access - had PNR, E-Ticket#, Seat#, Class & Fare type, Aircraft type, and most importantly it had an alerting system to any changes made to the above components so a traveler could proactively check if changes impact their travel itinerary.

CheckMyTrip - either add all of the above components to your app or get in touch with the developer of 'MyFlights' and collaborate in providing an added value service to your customers/users.

In the meantime - please reinstate the API to 'MyFlights' app so us frequent travelers can continue to manage travel plans accordingly.

Last edited by jonnye; Jun 2, 2016 at 1:04 pm Reason: Added review posted on app store
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jonnye
I just left a scathing review - lets hope it posts. How long do the reviews take to post in general?
My review was posted within minutes of last nights update. It appeared at about lunchtime today, so about 18hrs give or take.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by fourspoons
I'm called Chris and I was born in 1979 but it wasn't me!
So why do you call yourself "fourspoons"? I know some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth but four of them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.