Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Or recognising that having a bunch of 1* reviews and some very angry punters venting is not great PR
Well, I was trying to be diplomatic...didn't want to rock the boat when the water's a little choppy!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Well I for one am not going to change my review. It is still a load of rubbish, even if they have re-enabled My Flights.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
There is a god after all .
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Excellent news - just had my bookings update.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: A3 *G
My one peeve with this app is that it won't update manually inputed flights for non-supported airlines (e.g. a schedule change or cancellation by AA or U2).

"App in the air" does updated these automatically, and has quite a nice interface, but charges (a lot) for notifications.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by eshroom
My one peeve with this app is that it won't update manually inputed flights for non-supported airlines (e.g. a schedule change or cancellation by AA or U2).

"App in the air" does updated these automatically, and has quite a nice interface, but charges (a lot) for notifications.
I think your words "non-supported" say it all ..... if the airline uses amadeus then the app will track the flights but if the airline doesn't (and AA uses Sabre) then it does not.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Physci
I think your words "non-supported" say it all ..... if the airline uses amadeus then the app will track the flights but if the airline doesn't (and AA uses Sabre) then it does not.
Added to that AA does not allow third party access to its bookings on Sabre, so even if myflights supports Sabre you still couldn't add AA bookings.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:08 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well Sabre used to work with myflightsapp but AA never did. Sabre pulled the plug on access I think and given the wrath of FTers that was unleashed upon Amadeus then I'd say they got off lightly.

The Tripit import works OK for Sabre flights but no changes registered and somehow on my recent HNL LAX MIA BOG trip, my three flights got duplicated and until check-in I had no idea which ones were the actual flights.

Yes I could have logged into AA to find out but it did not matter much since I would be getting all boarding passes at check-in anyway.

For AA flights, I would settle for their app remembering my itineraries like the UA app does rather than having to enter them each time. Only saves your itineraries if you enter your AAdvantage number. Obviously if we are crediting to BA then this is not going to happen.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: A3 *G
Yes but I assume "App in the air" simply checks against published schedules for changes (when PNR won't work on Amadeus) - for this you don't need the PNR or even a booking. Schedules for all flights are freely available online.

In my testing TripCase also picked up changes to schedules for manually added bookings.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Have been following this thread with interest the past few days following the earlier very disappointing news. Delighted things seem to be back on track and even more delighted to see changes coming through via my app - congrats and fingers crossed it is a long term solution for a brilliant app!
Pilot37
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Brilliant news all round here, well done schofs and fingers crossed for the future of the app.

And wow, great job FT...!!!

And credit to Amadeus for being responsive when it was so obviously needed.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Switched my phone on after my flight landed tonight, very happy to see MyFlights updates appearing in my inbox. Glad Amadeus reconsidered their position on this. Good luck to schofs on a permanent solution.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Great news hope a good permanent solution is found
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have quite a few bookings (well, quite a few for me anyway!!!) and after myflights came back online I didn't have any notifications. Last night I changed a seat assignment just to see if it would tigger a myflights notification ....... nothing this morning

HELP!!!!!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
HELP!!!!!
Did you refresh the booking in the app?

Palmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.