Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Did Sabre also stop access earlier this year?
Sabre was different - they moved onto a difference system, and hadn't previously put in place any agreements. I am planning to open discussions with them in the not too distant future
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:12 am

Being newish to flyertalk I hadn't come across My Flight App before but have now downloaded and can see it will be very useful.

Having just input my BA reference number for a HNL tier run I am noticing that the seat allocations appear wrong in the App, with my travelling companion showing on one segment as 12 rows behind me despite the MMB page on BA showing she is sitting beside me. Any ideas why this is happening? Out of 8 legs 4 appear to have this sort of issue.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by highlandguy
Being newish to flyertalk I hadn't come across My Flight App before but have now downloaded and can see it will be very useful.

Having just input my BA reference number for a HNL tier run I am noticing that the seat allocations appear wrong in the App, with my travelling companion showing on one segment as 12 rows behind me despite the MMB page on BA showing she is sitting beside me. Any ideas why this is happening? Out of 8 legs 4 appear to have this sort of issue.
Which airline are the legs on that you are having a problem with?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980
Which airline are the legs on that you are having a problem with?
The AA legs.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by highlandguy
The AA legs.
That'll be a sabre/amadeus inter-link problem.

The amadeus record won't have updated but the sabre one has.

Use the American Airlines record locator (or go via MMB) and use that as the source of truth for the seat allocation.

Take - for example - my upcoming booking.

Iberia->American->American->British Airways

Sabre is right for American seating and the British Airways seat, but only because I haven't changed it. Amadeus is right for the iberia and BA seats, but has failed miserably on the American seating (it doesn't think I have one!)

Last edited by MPH1980; Jun 8, 2016 at 11:12 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I noted a new release of CMT today with aircraft type added (amongst other things). There's still a long way to go to make it as useful as myflights but they're clearly developing it to try and give people (us!) what we're asking for ^ fair play to Amadeus for trying.

Having said that, I'm not sure why they don't just buy/license/tie with myflights and save the development costs being sunk into CMT.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:10 pm

Agreed, Berksflyer.

They(Amadeus) have not even added the FF airlines besides the FF no. You would have thought that they are not in the airline business.

Tried leaving reviews but the App Store insist I buy or download the item first??!!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQFAN
Tried leaving reviews but the App Store insist I buy or download the item first??!!
That's hardly unreasonable
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
That's hardly unreasonable
Eh? I've downloaded it a few years back.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:03 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SQFAN
Eh? I've downloaded it a few years back.
Reviews are for the current version though. It's not unreasonable for Apple to require that you have the version that you are reviewing. And why would you want to review a version that you do not have?

I agree with your earlier post about the airline corresponding to the FF number. That was one of the things I complained about last week. All of the other stuff, meal info, aircraft type etc have all been added. Nice to see Amadeus has been responsive on this.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:50 pm

I have the latest version too as deleted old and downloaded latest version. Previously updated it. No matter which version I have, I ran into the same problem. Never mind, what's more important is that MyFlights continue to survive with Amadeus access.

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Reviews are for the current version though. It's not unreasonable for Apple to require that you have the version that you are reviewing. And why would you want to review a version that you do not have?

I agree with your earlier post about the airline corresponding to the FF number. That was one of the things I complained about last week. All of the other stuff, meal info, aircraft type etc have all been added. Nice to see Amadeus has been responsive on this.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Any issues with MyFlights tonight? Seems unable to retrieve/update my bookings.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by BA6501
Any issues with MyFlights tonight? Seems unable to retrieve/update my bookings.
Having similar issues. Sync seems to fail and it didn't sync an itin that I sent to Tripit.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:15 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Sync works for me but add new bookings does not
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I'm definitely having issues this morning. Hopefully this is easily resolvable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.