G–ZBKR Delivered
G–ZBKS Delivered

Print Wikipost

BA's 787-9

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Well a nice alert on My Flights - my Apr/May F to KUL has just changed to 789 - also confirmed on MMB - have grabbed 1K & 2K and 1E & 1F to try both. Can't wait for the first feedback

*** many thanks to KARFA for his tips on here regarding My Flights - has been very useful this past week!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tim1975
They are going from 17.5 to 18 (or perhaps only 17.8 which can be rounded up to 18). most of the extra space will be taken from the aisles with a small amount achieved by moving the window seats fractionally closer to the wall.
They're definitely not 17.5" on the 788. Seatguru is full of inaccuracies. 17.5" is likely the new seat width.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
What's this about extra pitch?
The 787-9 will have a whopping 32" pitch in WT. The width will increase to 17.3" for all the 787 fleet. Pitch in the 787-8 will remain at 31". Joy.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
*** many thanks to KARFA for his tips on here regarding My Flights - has been very useful this past week!
No problem. See you on Friday
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Hi all
Coming into this a little late but I have a couple of J reward seats to KUL in March. This is now down as a 789 and I have seats 6 and 7 K which in seat map appears to be a 2 row mini cabin. I am assuming 7K will have direct aisle access also as the map shows the galley behind this row. Have these planes entered service yet or does anyone have thoughts on whether these seats are any more desirable than the others?
Map show second J cabin rows 10-13
Cheers
J69
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by johnnie69
Hi all
Coming into this a little late but I have a couple of J reward seats to KUL in March. This is now down as a 789 and I have seats 6 and 7 K which in seat map appears to be a 2 row mini cabin. I am assuming 7K will have direct aisle access also as the map shows the galley behind this row. Have these planes entered service yet or does anyone have thoughts on whether these seats are any more desirable than the others?
Map show second J cabin rows 10-13
Cheers
J69
No. First aircraft has not even been delivered yet, the paint is still wet…

No one will have any experience of these planes yet. However, you are correct in your assumption, that 7 will have direct aisle access (there is no other way it can be done).

Enjoy your trip.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tim1975
They are going from 17.5 to 18 (or perhaps only 17.8 which can be rounded up to 18). most of the extra space will be taken from the aisles with a small amount achieved by moving the window seats fractionally closer to the wall.

The aisles are already very narrow but the cabin in small and the flights are long so the impact narrow aisles have on service and boarding speed ought to be minimal.
half an inch? Are you serious? What a joke. Why bother? Who's gonna notice? LOL!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
half an inch? Are you serious? What a joke. Why bother? Who's gonna notice? LOL!
According to seat guru - the difference between WTP and WT on a 787 is just an inch of width - and people complain massively about feeling cramped in WT (and not in WTP) - so apparently a small amount can make a big difference.

(Oh - and it's only a further inch and a half of seat width up to CW!).

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri...eing_787-8.php
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Half an inch can mean a lot to many people on here.

Every little helps.

On a more serious note, people have complained, BA have listened and increased width and pitch. Struggling to see the joke.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GTR56
Half an inch can mean a lot to many people on here.

Every little helps.

On a more serious note, people have complained, BA have listened and increased width and pitch. Struggling to see the joke.
Yep. Realising their mistake, then taking the trouble to rip out over 1000 virtually-new seats and replacing them with new ones is to be applauded.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the right place the extra half inch may be well noticed
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
In the right place the extra half inch may be well noticed
Certainly someone at BA fares has got thumbs an extra half inch wide. They've managed to miss all the correct buttons in the past few weeks
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
Certainly someone at BA fares has got thumbs an extra half inch wide. They've managed to miss all the correct buttons in the past few weeks
+ 1 ^
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Any thoughts on what plan is for aircraft between delivery and first scheduled flight (c. 4 weeks) - just training or might it pop up on 'proper' flights?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by zkzkz
The F seats in that seat map don't appear to have any more space or be any more private than the current F seats
And the F cabin has only one lavatory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.