Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement - New Ambassador Appointments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Petrus
Further to eightblack's comment;
posting frequently without being annoying is a useful method of getting mentioned during our annual imbibing conventions.
In that case, I guess T8191 doesn't post frequently enough!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I trust all our Ambassadors are in mourning for the death yesterday of Pietro Ferrero?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13122520
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
I trust all our Ambassadors are in mourning for the death yesterday of Pietro Ferrero?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13122520
That article is from 2011!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Calchas
That article is from 2011!
Ahh ... Anniversary Mourning, then?

ITV has a different take on the subject ... http://www.itv.com/news/2015-02-15/c...-dies-aged-89/

Ah, it's Michele Ferrero.

Last edited by T8191; Feb 15, 2015 at 7:00 am
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Ahh ... Anniversary Mourning, then?

ITV has a different take on the subject ... http://www.itv.com/news/2015-02-15/c...-dies-aged-89/

Ah, it's Michele Ferrero.
Michele was the founder and creator of Ferrero Roches and most of all Nutella.

Pietro was his son, who used to run the company alongside his brother and actual CEO Giovanni.

May these benefactors of mankind rest in peace.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ferrero Roches?

I've always thought they were the most overrated chocolate ever produced. Even if c-w-s plucked the last one from his leather briefcase went down on bended knees and offered it to me I wouldn't thank him for it.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ferrero Roches?

I've always thought they were the most overrated chocolate ever produced. Even if c-w-s plucked the last one from his leather briefcase went down on bended knees and offered it to me I wouldn't thank him for it.
Would you accept his last Rolo?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You're like a ray of sunshine.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Originally Posted by eightblack
Actually the recruitment process is pretty straightforward. The BA Mods and I all get together once a year in a wee Irish Pub where we proceed to sit around in our underwear, holding hands and singing kumbaya. More of a chant really.
That's the spirit eightblack. Surely after this extremely difficult, almost impossible task, you need to write a trip report to de-stress...

Congratulations to our new Ambassadors. May your time in your new roles be accompanied by much travel fitting of a diplomatic ambassador!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh yes. I haven't had one of them in ages. ^

Originally Posted by Calchas
You're like a ray of sunshine.
That's me....always call a spade a spade.

I honestly don't care for them. Now if c-w-s had an endless supply of these instead he'd be my friend for life.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
As a former Moderatir on another website, I can also add that it's bloody hard work at times. We may not always agree with them, but someone has to it ... and we do very well with the ones we have ^

I also like the Ambassador concept, even if I was rejected (again). It's so nice to have someone around to welcome people, and point them in the right direction. I've been to so many other Forums where stepping through the door and saying anything is a very negative experience.

I wish you all well in your new role as chocolate distributors and General Greeters.
Hey Uncle T, you could apply for a walmart greeter, you'll have more fun there, and all the things you can post here about your greeting job (they hire retired people, and the walmart in VA is hiring, I hear ) http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

I should read ALL of the thread before I post, but since I am getting senile and forgetful, I won't remember what I wanted to write and would spend the whole day wondering what I wanted to do. Am sure there are lots here who have the same malady.

We all should observe an hour of silence for the man who brought us so many smiles: Mr Michele Ferrero. CWS what are you going to do?

Last edited by Yahillwe; Feb 17, 2015 at 4:50 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, all I can tell you is that it takes away one of our three opup "credits" This is what makes c-w-s and Tobias-UK the two most natural ambassadors of us all as there are only two flights a year when they might not fly as far forward in the plane as the captain will tolerate!

The rest of us are here to represent the proletariat whose cards are made of various shades of dodgy metal and unreal colours and whose annual flight count is below 1000!
You mean a card like this:

http://business.time.com/2012/03/02/...s-credit-card/

You can even
, as well as access to airport lounges
And
There’s also a rewards program, which is typical in that it awards two points per dollar spent on travel and one point per dollar on other purchases
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Rolo you say????? He has never ever ever offered me Rolos

Love Lindt as well as Maltese chocs, (the only edible thing in a Parisian movie theatre IMO).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Rolo you say????? He has never ever ever offered me Rolos

Love Lindt as well as Maltese chocs, (the only edible thing in a Parisian movie theatre IMO).
We had Lindts at the Pre-Christmas London Do back in December - although no ambassadorial presence.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24025944-post298.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
We had Lindts at the Pre-Christmas London Do back in December - although no ambassadorial presence.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24025944-post298.html
Aggghhhhh I couldn't go, my daughter arrived home that morning.

Choices…. choices… Chocolates --------> daughter.

I guess she won, she has to take care of moi when am old and feeble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.