FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Announcement - New Ambassador Appointments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653566-announcement-new-ambassador-appointments.html)

eightblack Feb 9, 2015 12:08 pm

Announcement - New Ambassador Appointments

Well hello fellow BA enthusiasts,

My my, don't you all have a lot on your plate. Only 3 op-ups a year, one of those cheeky ME airlines now owning a part of Willy's business, a raft of Executive Club changes. The list goes on. I had to have a Bex and a lie down just thinking about it all.

With all this trauma in mind, the BA Mod team called for back up. And it was time we rotated the inaugural list of Ambassadors, who had done a splendid job.

So without further ado, I'l like to present to you the newly minted BA Ambassadors for 2015. You know them well. They are practically famous.

1. PETER01
2. stifle
3. Orbitmic
4. Golfmad
5. Tobias-UK
6. Calchas

Please join me in welcoming the chaps above to the Ambassador ranks.

Cheers

SIMON
(eightblack)
Ambassador Team Leader
Moderator - Bling Air (you know, a real airline) ;)

BLHD Feb 9, 2015 12:13 pm

Bling Air? Get back to your Sand Dunes and Man Made Islands ;)

A very warm welcome to the new Ambassadors!

FlyerTalker6245 Feb 9, 2015 12:16 pm

Welcome all.

The great thing about the ambassadors is it means I don't have to be nice to anybody :D

I imagine CWS will do well to resist the "welcome" reflex for any new member right enough!

haasha Feb 9, 2015 12:16 pm

Do we say welcome to someone who practically lives here? :p

Congrats guys, we'll be good boys and girls! Well, most of us at least.

Quarky Quark Feb 9, 2015 12:16 pm

Congrats to the new ambassadors. I'm sure they will all do a great job!

Does this mean the indomitable c-w-s is no longer part of that fold? Either way I'd like to thank him (and of course the other ambassadors) for their kind welcome to this forum and in helping to make this a genuine online community.

Group hugz? :p

srbrenna Feb 9, 2015 12:16 pm

Are these replacing the current Ambassadors?

Congratulations to the new Ambassadors though - they are all very helpful chaps!

NWIFlyer Feb 9, 2015 12:17 pm

Congratulations all (well, at least I think that's the case).

Now, who's going to have a go at breaking c-w-s's record time for welcoming a new member? :)

TravellerFrequently Feb 9, 2015 12:18 pm

Congratulations to the new Ambassadors.

eightblack Feb 9, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna (Post 24319404)
Are these replacing the current Ambassadors?

Congratulations to the new Ambassadors though - they are all very helpful chaps!

The current Ambassadors are all having a wee lie down in their retirement.

Prospero Feb 9, 2015 12:23 pm

Don’t fret, corporate-wage-slave will continue as a forum ambassador. He has two barns full of Ferrero Rocher. Now eightblack forgot to mention that, although its really not his fault as it was I who agreed that he be paid by the word.

Please join with me in thanking BahrainLad and dunk for their impeccable service and commitment to the forum

Stez Feb 9, 2015 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack (Post 24319413)
The current Ambassadors are all having a wee lie down in their retirement.

Speaking of which, where's this month pension with included trauma compensation payment, eightblack?

Congratulations to the new Ambos (since I'm in Australia right now, I'm shortening words), it looks like a fantastic selection of people that will make the BA forum even better. Well done people.

T8191 Feb 9, 2015 12:26 pm

Calchas ... you consumption of my wine in HNL had nothing to do with this appointment. Not even after the 3rd bottle that iWife had to go and buy in mid-session ;)

Congratulations to all on their appointments ... looking forward to teasing some of you at the JER Do ;)

Prospero Feb 9, 2015 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Stez (Post 24319461)
Speaking of which, where's this month pension with included trauma compensation payment, eightblack?

Congratulations to the new Ambos (since I'm in Australia right now, I'm shortening words), it looks like a fantastic selection of people that will make the BA forum even better. Well done people.

Did you not receive the drink chits? Valid at the Priory bar :)

eightblack Feb 9, 2015 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 24319450)
Don’t fret, corporate-wage-slave will continue as a forum ambassador. He has two barns full of Ferrero Rocher. Now eightblack forgot to mention that, although its really not his fault as it was I who agreed that he be paid by the word.

Please join with me in thanking BahrainLad and dunk for their impeccable service and commitment to the forum

Errr, sorry about that. But I told you I was at lunch here in beautiful sunny Colorado having a very cheeky bottle of Chablis with a mate of mine. I started typing perhaps a fraction too late. Should've hit send before I ate all that foie gras...

corporate-wage-slave Feb 9, 2015 12:31 pm

I must welcome PETER01, stifle, Orbitmic, Golfmad, Tobias-UK and Calchas to the ambassadorial lounge, and indeed pass on my thanks to BahrainLad and dunk for their participation in a role which is a bit odd at the best of times.

I'm not going anywhere yet, however during the UK General Election campaign I may have to lie low for a bit. Which will give the youngsters (cough) a chance to catch up..... Welcome indeed, from the NCL BA lounge!