Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement - New Ambassador Appointments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:03 am

....the newly minted BA Ambassadors for 2015...
I am new in the game... can someone explain me this Ambassadors ranking?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by kbfly
Hello kbfly. I didn't get a chance to welcome you to Flyertalk (and the BA board in particular) on the other thread so let me do it here.

Our main role as ambassadors is to welcome and encourage new posters so consider yourself welcomed
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are here to say hello to new folks, ensure they get a warm welcome and try to answer any questions they may have in a friendly manner. Hopefully this encourages them to come back.

In some fora the regulars are quite scathing of new people asking questions. So the Ambassador scheme tries to stop that from happening.

It is not so necessary in the BA forum to be honest because we are a friendly bunch anyway. I think most of the new "Ambassadors" (myself included) were those of us who already tried to say hello anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm far too shy for that
that has to stop now that you have risen to the ranks of "his excellency" (which is still below CCR peerage btw! ).

welcome to FT and the BAEC Forum, kbfly. I hope you stick around and continue posting. it's a friendly place so please make yourself at home.

The role of the ambassador is to be friendly and tell you exactly that. and to give you chocolates at DOs. So definitely come along to one (there's a thread on the DOs we have lined up).

Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello kbfly. I didn't get a chance to welcome you to Flyertalk (and the BA board in particular) on the other thread so let me do it here.

Our main role as ambassadors is to welcome and encourage new posters so consider yourself welcomed
I think we should welcome ambassadors and encourate them to continue to be encouraging....
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by T8191
I sincerely hope you won't be considering Hershey's under that heading. We Brits are a bit sensitive about that these days, although I do acknowledge that Hershey's and chocolate in the same clause is a bit erroneous
Actually, I was hoping to get a deal on all of the no name, heart shaped boxes of chocolates sitting unsold in gas stations all over the USA on Sunday!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I sincerely hope you won't be considering Hershey's under that heading. We Brits are a bit sensitive about that these days, although I do acknowledge that Hershey's and chocolate in the same clause is a bit erroneous
Originally Posted by HilFly
Actually, I was hoping to get a deal on all of the no name, heart shaped boxes of chocolates sitting unsold in gas stations all over the USA on Sunday!
^

We're still eating the reduced Christmas boxes from our local Supermarket, so no Valentines Candy for iWife

But at least they're proper British/Continental chocolate, not Hershey's gritty brown wallpaper paste
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: ABBA
Yes, Hershey's Chocolate, Budweiser Beer, Yahillwe Economy, Tennessee Whiskey, Honest Politician, English Champagne, Hiddy Flying.

These words just don't go together.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Yes, Hershey's Chocolate, Budweiser Beer, Yahillwe Economy, Tennessee Whiskey, Honest Politician, English Champagne, Hiddy Flying.

These words just don't go together.
Perhaps British Airways too given their lack of love for the regions.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Hello folks and I am sorry for the delayed reply to this thread as work has been literally hectic and with moving house as well it has been taking far longer than I ever anticipated to get back into a routine!

I'm looking forward to the role, a big thanks to the all the previous Ambassadors ^ who did a lot of good work including behind the scenes as well, and glad to hear corporate-wage-slave is remaining as an Ambassador.^

I'm off to HKG next week for 5 days on a purely chilling out holiday so now I am nearly back into a routine I will be on FT more and I must get the EDI DO venue conformed and published

Thank you for all the kind warm welcomes, appreciated.

Pete
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Greetings, Your Excellency, and welcome to the BA Forum. We hope ....

... oh, hang on, don't we know you?

Congratulations, matey!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Greetings, Your Excellency, and welcome to the BA Forum. We hope ....

... oh, hang on, don't we know you?

Congratulations, matey!
Thanks and I've not been away that long!

Time has been my only enemy of late!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Congratulations to you all!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy to see familiar faces/names have taken up the ranks and put themselves right on the front line . Good luck ^.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Thanks to all those who are now handing in their diplomatic credentials, hopefully to take up some less demanding titled role as peers, knights or dames of the realm. Thanks in advance to those now taking up this role. May you spoil us with chocolates appropriate to the time of day for years to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.