Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smid
Hang on, so are First Class passengers able to be treated differently in the BA F lounge in T3? I wasn't aware of that. I'm flying F in August to LAS and was just planning the CX lounge, but didn't regard it as anything special having been in all those F lounges as a Gold card member. I assume no LPGS too. That's the bit I miss from T3.
It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available, not for LAS, the CCR lounge food is available at all times. LPGS sometimes makes an appearance in T3, it was in the bar sink last week, but I've not worked out how or why that happens. [It gets interesting to see how many people reject it as an option, in favour of the Jeepers, due to the odd shape of the bottle, but that's by the by].
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by dylanks
I find that it is quite crowded around that time, and usually head to other lounges until around 10:45.
As my flight leaves at 11:30, I may be frozen out. Probably earliest I could get there is 8:45 am. Think I’ll have a hard time with the dragon ladies at that time?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available, not for LAS, the CCR lounge food is available at all times. LPGS sometimes makes an appearance in T3, it was in the bar sink last week, but I've not worked out how or why that happens. [It gets interesting to see how many people reject it as an option, in favour of the Jeepers, due to the odd shape of the bottle, but that's by the by].
That's interesting, I've never actually been to the BA F T3 lounge based on what I've read here, and in my mind it was just the standard BA buffet. I don't think I've found CX F food to be notably better than CCR food, and I do think the CX restaurant area is quite small so I may venture over to try the BA lounge next time if CX is busy.. especially as my next flight is to CPT and so should have the full CCR menu.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I really like the CX Lounge but prefer CCR dining. But lets be fair to CX here, Their lounge at LHR T3 is an Outstation whereas CCR is at BA's hub. CCR vs The Wing would be a more fair comparison in my opinion.

However I have never been to The Wing so cannot comment unfortunately.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CMK10
Anyone who says the T3 CX F Lounge is better than the CCR is crazy. The only way the CX lounge is better is for watching planes, being able to sit in front of a window and watch takeoffs is great. Otherwise it's a good First Class Lounge but the CCR is a First Class Lounge+. Furthermore, I don't like having to either eat restaurant food or go to the business class lounge for snacks. I do think it's better than the T3 GF which I find crowded and dingy and badly lit.
Not totally sure if you’re remembering which lounge is which here, I’m afraid. If by ‘restaurant food’ you mean a la carte then the CCR is 100% a la carte and requires flagging down a member of staff to order anything, CX F in contrast has a dining area but also a self-serve snack area with some fairly substantial options in it - perhaps you missed it?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:28 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Noise levels

This morning I have visited BA F lounge and then made my way to AA F. There is one huge difference IMHO - the noise. Whether it the scraping chairs, flight calls, voices of the passengers, or “all of the above”. But what a difference. Probably last time in AA for me.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Visiting T3 tomorrow for the first time in a while. Is there a menu here for CX F lounge?

Also can I order a cathay delight at the lounge..or is this only available on board?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available
Do you know what time it starts? is it on for the earlier of the cpt flights which leaves at 18.15? ps: i'm in F on that one anyway but had absolutely no idea it worked for ccr card holders anyway until I saw your earlier post, so great tip! ^
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kosy91
Visiting T3 tomorrow for the first time in a while. Is there a menu here for CX F lounge?

Also can I order a cathay delight at the lounge..or is this only available on board?
Time to venture out of the BA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...nge-menus.html
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by sxc

Time to venture out of the BA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...nge-menus.html
Aha thanks!!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Do you know what time it starts? is it on for the earlier of the cpt flights which leaves at 18.15? ps: i'm in F on that one anyway but had absolutely no idea it worked for ccr card holders anyway until I saw your earlier post, so great tip! ^
I think it's about 90 minutes before departure but I'm not wholly sure. You need to be in the Dining Room area in the right corner of the lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think it's about 90 minutes before departure but I'm not wholly sure. You need to be in the Dining Room area in the right corner of the lounge.
Thanks - 90 mins before the 18.15?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks - 90 mins before the 18.15?
Yes, so long as First is sold on it (which would almost always be the case).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
I'll be flying in business class from LHR to DFW on AA in the near future. Will I have access to the same lounges in T3 that admit BA CW passengers? The AA website is a bit unclear about this but I think I'll have access to OneWorld lounges as well as the AA facility that admits business class passengers at T3.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jlemon
I'll be flying in business class from LHR to DFW on AA in the near future. Will I have access to the same lounges in T3 that admit BA CW passengers? The AA website is a bit unclear about this but I think I have access to OneWorld lounges as well as the AA facility that admits business class passengers at T3.
Hi,

Yes you will (the BA , AA , CX and Qantas Business lounges)

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.