FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

celtic_warrior Oct 28, 2019 4:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 31668412)
Funny you say that. I went to the BA Lounge last year and the entrance staff were very rude to me. This year I've been twice and I've noticed each time the staff were much friendlier.

Exactly the same experience I had.

CharlotteC Oct 28, 2019 5:01 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 31670305)
Howard Long Try locate the chap I mentioned above and politely enquire( if he's working you wont be able to miss him lol). On more than one occasion he's seen fit to sit me & the better half downstairs and have the bar manned when we've arrived there soon after opening. It's not to their schedule I agree( from memory I think the full service opens up at +3 hours from the the 1st QF of the day) but it's happened more than once. Will back you up though and agree that i've been met with looks of bewilderment upstairs when asking for a basic cocktail off the menu.

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31671786)
Hi,

Do you have BA gold or One world emerald status? Otherwise it will be the business lounges ( BA,AA and CX). Also please note that on a sunday the CX loungw will not open to 730am ( Mon-Sat it opens at 530am). I had a quick look in the Cathay J lounge and it seemed to have a good buffet selection of hot and cold food ( western and asian IIRC) as I normally use the F lounges.

Regards

TBS

Thank you I have a silver card so just a business lounge I am afraid. But thank you for the info

TWCLAM Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am

CharlotteC We are Silvers as well.. Whilst obviously the F lounges are better ( the CX Lounge staff graciously allowed us in once when we did our 1st ever Lounge Run) you will still have a great experience if you've never done it before. They are all located pretty much on top of each other so it's no great effort. I think from QF - CX which I think are the furthest apart is all of about 4 mins walk if that.

gliderpilot Oct 29, 2019 1:43 pm

For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?

gw76 Oct 29, 2019 2:56 pm

I was dreading a domestic-T5-T3-DEN but having never experienced T3 when travelling F, I am now looking forward to trying all these lounges!

krispy84 Oct 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31678899)
For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?

There’s no problem ordering more than one item from the brunch menu. The eggs benedict are plated to order from the central bar/food island, so generally aren’t cooked from fresh in my experience. They are pleasant but not amazing IMO. Not in the same league as the Wolseley for example.

gliderpilot Oct 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31679470)
There’s no problem ordering more than one item from the brunch menu. The eggs benedict are plated to order from the central bar/food island, so generally aren’t cooked from fresh in my experience. They are pleasant but not amazing IMO. Not in the same league as the Wolseley for example.

Many thanks for the info Krispy84. That’s a shame they aren’t fresh fresh. Ahhh the Wolseley. Amazing place for breakfast 😋.

CharlotteC Oct 30, 2019 3:50 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 31674291)
CharlotteC We are Silvers as well.. Whilst obviously the F lounges are better ( the CX Lounge staff graciously allowed us in once when we did our 1st ever Lounge Run) you will still have a great experience if you've never done it before. They are all located pretty much on top of each other so it's no great effort. I think from QF - CX which I think are the furthest apart is all of about 4 mins walk if that.

Thank you

gustavmahler Oct 30, 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by CharlotteC (Post 31673335)
Thank you I have a silver card so just a business lounge I am afraid. But thank you for the info

I actually prefer the J section of the CX lounge. The bar and noodle bar are great (made to order noodles and lots of fun cocktails, and signature softies like Cathay Delight) and it’s usually quiet and calm – for most of the day anyway – with lots of seating options. I was fairly unimpressed by the buffet lunch options in QF, but the dining area wasn’t open when I was in (lunchtime last month). The gin bar is great, though (try the one with the Aperol ice cube).

Bartinbrook Oct 30, 2019 8:35 am

Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • BA: Bacon, hash browns and beans
  • Cathay: Sausages, bacon, scrambled egg (the pre-made stuff?), beans and potatoes
  • Qantas: Do they provide any hot breakfast items?
  • American: Again, do they provide any hot breakfast items?
Love a fry-up, so am trying to work out which lounge to visit for breakfast in a couple of weeks time.

what Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Bartinbrook (Post 31681836)
Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • Cathay: Sausages, bacon, scrambled egg (the pre-made stuff?), beans and potatoes
Love a fry-up, so am trying to work out which lounge to visit for breakfast in a couple of weeks time.

I was in the AA lounge yesterday and they had hot food - the sausages were pretty good, and it was much emptier than the BA Galleries. Cathay is my favourite of the oneworld business lounges though.

thebigben Oct 30, 2019 9:40 am

Qantas: Sit down breakfast available (I got the eggs benedict, don't remember other menu items). Bacon, pastries, and other stuff was available upstairs. They seem to have the same caterer for some items as Cathay.
Cathay: Also has the noodle bar, for noodles or dim-sum.
American: American breakfast staples, eggs, bacon, etc... don't remember exactly what else.

krispy84 Oct 30, 2019 10:33 am

Qantas usually have 4 items on their a la carte breakfast/brunch menu, 2 of these are hot in my experience. They also have a buffet station upstairs with bacon, sausages, eggs etc. Given you say you love a fry-up, the a la carte options might not be to your taste, there’s an example not too far upthread [EDIT: post 734]

corporate-wage-slave Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am

Originally Posted by what (Post 31681950)
I was in the AA lounge yesterday and they had hot food - the sausages were pretty good, and it was much emptier than the BA Galleries. Cathay is my favourite of the oneworld business lounges though.

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum what. Thanks very much for that contribution, and I very much hope we will see more of you in the future. The AA lounge is very heavily linked to their slab of services, their passengers tend to prefer this lounge (perhaps knowing no better) and also seem to arrive much earlier than other passengers, so in the lounge for longer. After a few services have gone westwards the AA lounge rapidly gets quieter.

Neilgcal Oct 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Has anyone got an update as to whether LP is still available at the CX J Lounge? If not what is the current offering?

Also is the gin bar in the QF lounge now shut out with their own flight timings. Will be travelling through between 1400-1700.

Cheers