FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Smid Nov 5, 19 4:57 am

GC breakfasts seem to have vastly improved, but I'd still say an AA J breakfast would be more my choice.

Unless the CX lounge didn't exist. This was back when it didn't that was looking into it....

gliderpilot Nov 16, 19 6:08 am

Just for reference. A la Carte dining at the QF lounge starts at 9.30 (although they started slightly early). Service was faultless and attentive. Salt and pepper squid was excellent and the eggs royale very good (2 muffins). I was very full! Coffee, as always with QF, was excellent.

ppp909 Nov 20, 19 2:27 pm

Just a quick update on my own question above. The photos posted by xenole above are helpful (thanks...). The selection is decent if not fantastic. No bacon, but the sausages were ok. Orange juice was pretty good. And you can get individual bottles of water, which is nice.
Downside of the AA lounge was the lack of toilets in the gents: two, both of which were occupied. So I hopped over to the BA lounge to use the facilities to discover the place was mobbed, so I definitely made the right choice.
No Christmas decorations or music were in evidence at either lounge...

gw76 Nov 20, 19 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ppp909 (Post 31759024)
No Christmas decorations or music were in evidence at either lounge...

And quite right. Far too early.

Bartinbrook Nov 21, 19 7:05 am

LHR T3 lounges - hot breakfast options for business class pax

I was at T3 last week in the morning, so had a quick check of the self-service hot breakfasts by lounge:

BA: bacon rolls, rosti, baked beans, tortilla

AA: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, sausages, tomatoes

Cathay: bacon, sausages, rosti, omelettes, tomatoes

Qantas: scrambled eggs, streaky bacon, sausages, baked beans (plus an a la carte menu)

Qantas and Cathay have the best offerings. Personally I didn't really bother with BA or AA.

EuropeanPete Nov 21, 19 10:57 am

CX dim sum every time, although mine were super disappointing this week.

ppp909 Nov 21, 19 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 31762313)
CX dim sum every time

Me too. Not first thing on a Sunday morning though 😒

TGLoyalty Nov 21, 19 6:09 pm

Recently visited the CX business and QF have to say Qantas much more my cup of tea in terms of style/seating etc

both very nice places to spend 30-60 mins before a flight

edit: correcting Qantas! Fat fingers.

Sozee Nov 23, 19 8:07 am

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31742765)
Just for reference. A la Carte dining at the QF lounge starts at 9.30 (although they started slightly early). Service was faultless and attentive. Salt and pepper squid was excellent and the eggs royale very good (2 muffins). I was very full! Coffee, as always with QF, was excellent.

So brunch is from 09:30 till noon?
How about the evening? I have a 18:10 flight to HEL, was wonder if I have time to try both services.

Jed Nov 24, 19 1:52 am

I think the evening service at QF begins at 1800

Crismyth Nov 24, 19 2:49 pm

Well this topic sets up CX first lounge for failure, to be honest really don't get it that some here claim it is beter than the CCR it is nice but not better in my opinion, better than galleries yes if your flying business. I really liked the Qauntas lounge vibe and staff. BA lounge is an embarrassment there is nothing positive to say about that place on "home ground". Skipped the AA lounge so no opinion on that.

Fly_IAD Nov 25, 19 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Crismyth (Post 31772429)
Well this topic sets up CX first lounge for failure, to be honest really don't get it that some here claim it is beter than the CCR it is nice but not better in my opinion, better than galleries yes if your flying business. I really liked the Qauntas lounge vibe and staff. BA lounge is an embarrassment there is nothing positive to say about that place on "home ground". Skipped the AA lounge so no opinion on that.

Well isnt it all down to "opinion" :) I find that solely based on my experiences and the timing of flights the CX lounge are much quieter than the CCR. I also like the decor much better than the CCR but thats just me. For that matter (unless I have totally missed it) the Qantas lounge has aspects that for us when traveling as an extended family are better than the CCR - an actual kids room with wonderful materials to use for play!

Wembleygal Nov 26, 19 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Sozee (Post 31768517)
So brunch is from 09:30 till noon?
How about the evening? I have a 18:10 flight to HEL, was wonder if I have time to try both services.

I had my first visit to the QF lounge a few weeks ago. I was there in the afternoon and they had a fine buffet upstairs, which ticked all of the boxes for me. It had a great vibe.

pythonisman Nov 26, 19 4:13 am

I'm not really a fan of the upstairs of the QF T3 lounge, but the bar downstairs (and the staff) are great.

We visited the bar downstairs recently to have a nice cocktail before a flight after eating lunch in CX and ended up staying for a couple of hours. When the menus came out the selection was pretty decent -- much better than it was just after opening, the last time I went.

The squid was outstanding and is something I miss from the QF F lounges elsewhere.

I haven't visited the AA lounge at T3 but for a J lounge, the QF lounge is really good.

testycal Nov 26, 19 6:35 pm

Am I entitled to a sit down a la carte breakfast in the Quantas Lounge as a BA Silver? I think yes and it seems this is the only business class lounge that allows this but perhaps I am mistaken?