FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

parklife Oct 17, 2019 1:04 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 31631309)
I reckon if I say that there are bags of candy in the AA lounge then I might get both of them along for the ride. They were always raiding the jars in the LHR Virgin clubhouse when younger...

But... better half in Qantas or Cathay...? Where's the better champers?

AA was first stop and yes bags to fill up with candy, so after that they were keen to see what was on offer in the others!!!

As someone else said no champers in Qantas, but the sparkling wine was pretty good.

Dambus Oct 21, 2019 10:11 am

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c5d3ac734f.jpg
Are the green ants in the Green Ant gin meant to be served??!

I am counting this as a meal.

BertieBadger Oct 21, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 31651337)

Only if they have ID :D

wanderingjock Oct 21, 2019 11:18 am

Having recently spent 2 x 4hrs in CX First lounge (The Wing?) at HK en route to China, I have to say that the CX lounge at T3 , when not travelling CX, is my absolute favourite lounge in the world, including CCR. (the expresso martinis in CCR are VERY good tho :) )

mtt Oct 21, 2019 11:24 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock (Post 31651580)
Having recently spent 2 x 4hrs in CX First lounge (The Wing?) at HK en route to China, I have to say that the CX lounge at T3 , when not travelling CX, is my absolute favourite lounge in the world, including CCR. (the expresso martinis in CCR are VERY good tho :) )

Seconded. CX First at T3 is the absolute business.

dodgeflyer Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingjock (Post 31651580)

Expresso?

And if you like the T3 lounge you should have gone to the pier lounge at HK.

Jed Oct 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31634456)
Yes, and very pleasant it is to. I don’t think it’s in the same league as the Laurent Perrier in the CX J lounge or the rotating selection of vintage champagnes in the CX F lounge.

Im still very happy to visit the QF lounge, particularly for breakfast / brunch. If others won’t visit because they don’t have champagne (for most), then there’s more room for the rest of us.

I visited the noodle bar at the CX J Lounge a couple of weeks ago and there was no Laurent Perrier champagne at the J bar- something I’d not heard of (it was still champagne) and some Prosecco. Laurent Perrier was only available in the F lounge, along with Laytons rose and George Vesselle

Tobias-UK Oct 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31634456)
Yes, and very pleasant it is to. I don’t think it’s in the same league as the Laurent Perrier in the CX J lounge or the rotating selection of vintage champagnes in the CX F lounge...

I don’t recall ever seeing vintage champagne in the CX Flounge. Last time I was in there the best of the bunch was a bog-standard Lauren Perrier NV Brut.

jrc999 Oct 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31652233)
I visited the noodle bar at the CX J Lounge a couple of weeks ago and there was no Laurent Perrier champagne at the J bar- something I’d not heard of (it was still champagne) and some Prosecco. Laurent Perrier was only available in the F lounge, along with Laytons rose and George Vesselle

‘Twas Rodier Pere & Fils on Sunday and a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned about self pour- they do waiter service if you sit in the booths by the noodle bar. Can’t ask for more than that in a J lounge!

krispy84 Oct 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31652233)

They’ve had LP quite extensively this year (Moët last year I think?). It’s always worth asking, if it’s not evident. I’d be disappointed if the J lounge loses Grand Marque champagne completely. It sets the CX lounges apart IMHO.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31652287)
I don’t recall ever seeing vintage champagne in the CX Flounge. Last time I was in there the best of the bunch was a bog-standard Lauren Perrier NV Brut.

KARFA’s post at #672 shows a Georges Vesselle 2012 on the menu earlier this month. I was last there a couple of months ago and they had a Joseph Perrier vintage. I thought vintage was pretty standard in the F side of the CX lounge, but I’m not a regular visitor.

CMK10 Oct 26, 2019 9:52 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior (Post 31633643)
Recently visited all of the lounges again. Huge improvement in the attitude of the BA lounge staff.

Funny you say that. I went to the BA Lounge last year and the entrance staff were very rude to me. This year I've been twice and I've noticed each time the staff were much friendlier.

TWCLAM Oct 27, 2019 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 31651337)

I am counting this as a meal.

You're being conned if they aren't! Whilst they impart flavour to the entire bottle i've found that a glass lacking them lacks some of that flavour. This of course could be a subjective thing and down to personal taste but i've been through a fair bit of the stuff sans tonic and noticed it more than once. Bloody lovely stuff.

For those who are a fan of their gins then, most the time at least, the bartenders seem to know their stuff pretty well and have guided me to some really nice discoveries from the collection they have there and seem to know which to pair with tonic/ mixer.

gliderpilot Oct 27, 2019 2:29 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 31670164)
You're being conned if they aren't! Whilst they impart flavour to the entire bottle i've found that a glass lacking them lacks some of that flavour. This of course could be a subjective thing and down to personal taste but i've been through a fair bit of the stuff sans tonic and noticed it more than once. Bloody lovely stuff.

For those who are a fan of their gins then, most the time at least, the bartenders seem to know their stuff pretty well and have guided me to some really nice discoveries from the collection they have there and seem to know which to pair with tonic/ mixer.

Another vote for green ant and for the bar tenders at the QF lounge. For non-gin people Aviation gin is another great one they serve that most will like. Off through in a few weeks, looking forward to it already!

TWCLAM Oct 27, 2019 3:29 am

i'll be in there on the 9th November for a ZAG flight( Imagine my disappointment when they moved it to T3 ;) ). If by some happy coincidence you're passing through at the same time please feel free to make yourself known and happy to sample a few alongside you.

We've had a disproportionate number of flights from LHR and T3 this year( LGW being our home airport) & I fear the outbreak of war is not too far away with Mrs Clam preferring her dan-dan noodles in CX whilst i'm quite smitten with the whole QF experience.

Minor slight deviation but has anyone else met the white dinner jacket mustachioed, slightly olive skinned guy who works there( and who's name forever escapes me). The chap oozes a certain Je ne sai quoi rarely seen in the UK nowadays especially amongst someone so, relatively, young.

Howard Long Oct 27, 2019 3:39 am

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31670185)
Another vote for green ant and for the bar tenders at the QF lounge. For non-gin people Aviation gin is another great one they serve that most will like. Off through in a few weeks, looking forward to it already!

It’s probably worth noting that the downstairs section of the QF lounge closes for a significant portion of the day, leaving just the upstairs section. While I find it pleasant upstairs propping up the bar, the bar tenders IME at these times aren’t properly trained and have to refer to instructions for cocktails, and the results generally reflect that lack of training.