FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

KARFA Oct 30, 19 5:04 pm


Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 31683803)
Has anyone got an update as to whether LP is still available at the CX J Lounge? If not what is the current offering?

Also is the gin bar in the QF lounge now shut out with their own flight timings. Will be travelling through between 1400-1700.

Cheers

Yes it certainly was only a few weeks ago https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31617865-post672.html

Smid Oct 31, 19 3:26 am


Originally Posted by Bartinbrook (Post 31681836)
Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • BA: Bacon, hash browns and beans

Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.

thebigben Oct 31, 19 3:30 am


Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31685165)
Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.

Last year you definitely had bacon, bacon rolls, and hash browns so yes it's likely it has changed since.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 31, 19 3:56 am


Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31685165)
[/list]Has something changed in the BA J lounges? I last used them, T5B, around 4 years ago, and all the breakfast was was a "bullet" roll with bacon or egg of some kind. Plus pastries. There certainly wasn't beans or bacon or hash browns. That was the F lounge.

You will find some comments about it in the main catering thread for Galleries Club, but there have been several small increments to the GC hot food offer in the mornings and lunch time over the last 2 years. Previously it was only bacon rolls, mushroom rolls, porridge; and now there are a few more hot items, but not as much as the GF buffet. T5B also gets light lunch / salads from mid morning for those with connections on non breakfast time zones.

Smid Oct 31, 19 6:40 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31685211)
You will find some comments about it in the main catering thread for Galleries Club, but there have been several small increments to the GC hot food offer in the mornings and lunch time over the last 2 years. Previously it was only bacon rolls, mushroom rolls, porridge; and now there are a few more hot items, but not as much as the GF buffet. T5B also gets light lunch / salads from mid morning for those with connections on non breakfast time zones.

Thanks, might not quite be so horrified at the concept at breakfast in the T5 Club lounges nowadays.

I assume no toast to go with those beans, right?

corporate-wage-slave Oct 31, 19 6:42 am


Originally Posted by Smid (Post 31685531)
I assume no toast to go with those beans, right?

Ambient temperature toast = yes.

TWCLAM Nov 1, 19 11:48 am


Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31678899)
For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?

Being the glutton I am i've actually ordered those exact two dishes and can recommend both highly

TWCLAM Nov 1, 19 11:51 am

Said toast is also good for making walls if you're planning on extending the conservatory or for taking out your sworn enemy if used in the style of 'Odd Job' from the Bond franchise

krispy84 Nov 1, 19 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 31690661)
Being the glutton I am i've actually ordered those exact two dishes and can recommend both highly

I may have given an overly critical opinion of the Qantas eggs benedict, theyíre not my favourite item on the menu but I wouldnít hesitate to order them if I was in the mood.


Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 31690672)
Said toast is also good for making walls if you're planning on extending the conservatory or for taking out your sworn enemy if used in the style of 'Odd Job' from the Bond franchise

Another reason to be thankful that I havenít set foot in the BA T3 J lounge in a long while. If it was all we had, Iíd think it fine, but the competition is far better.

ppp909 Nov 1, 19 1:54 pm

I rarely fly from t3 but will be taking the 750 to bcn on Sunday morning.
It would appear that BA or AA will be the only options for breakfast. I know what BA offer, but what do AA have in their J lounge? Decent bacon? I prefer it streaky and crispy BTW.

Of course I realise I can just walk out if I don't like it but the thought of lounge hopping between these two on a Sunday morning when I'd rather be still in bed doesn't appeal....

gliderpilot Nov 3, 19 3:49 pm


Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31634601)
You will have the choice of BA, AA or CX. The Qantas lounge doesnít open until 8am so will be too late for your 0820 flight.

íBestí depends entirely on personal preference and your choice of breakfast food.

Sorry. Another breakfast question. Does the a la carte dining in the Qantas lounge start at 8am? I gather when the lounge first opened it didnít start until 9 30am but wonder if that has changed?

krispy84 Nov 3, 19 7:07 pm


Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 31697709)
Sorry. Another breakfast question. Does the a la carte dining in the Qantas lounge start at 8am? I gather when the lounge first opened it didnít start until 9 30am but wonder if that has changed?

Cant help Iím afraid, Iíve only ever been in from about 0930 onwards. People have been eating at that time but I didnít pay close enough attention to see if it was a la carte dishes or not.

KeaneJohn Nov 3, 19 9:33 pm

AA F now have a couple of all day items and here is the CX F breakfast menu and drinks menu from last week. Not sure what time QF do their brunch menu from as they now charge £55 pay on entry for ANY airline passenger flying from T3 if not eligible for access. They are looking to review opening times too.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e280d173e.jpeg
Brioche French Toast CX F
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d00414af6.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...88ccfc6bc.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b9cc2b0b.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ded7cd38a.jpeg
Squid at Qantas Lounge
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...78703f410.jpeg

xenole Nov 4, 19 10:40 pm

GC T3 hot breakfast selection:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...30c881838e.jpg

AA J T3 hot food and other bits

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e59bc140e4.jpg
Mushrooms, sausages and scrambled eggs
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3fa48d1229.jpg
Tomatoes
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f25fa92b4e.jpg
Cold meats, pastries etc.

Grace B Nov 4, 19 11:18 pm


Originally Posted by xenole (Post 31702310)
GC T3 hot breakfast selection:

That's why I like the GF hot breakfasts...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.