Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Meanwhile, Virgin has trumped them with a flat 10% of ALL holidays bookings and free lounge access. That's the way to do it
Virgin? Well, if its Virgin Holidays rather than Virgin Atlantic, then its a different company (not sure if same for BA), and the VRoom isn't what I'd call a lounge.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Smid
Virgin? Well, if its Virgin Holidays rather than Virgin Atlantic, then its a different company (not sure if same for BA), and the VRoom isn't what I'd call a lounge.
The fact that it's a separate company is essentially irrelevant since the product they are selling is a VS flight and a 'holiday' element such as a car and/or hotel...
And yes, true, it may well be more style than substance, but in marketing terms it catches the eye very well. And I'd take a V-Room over a crowded Pret or Spoons any day.
gordon0808 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
No New Year Ex EU sale this year? Checking fares ex OSL and GOT and BA is consistently more expensive than the competition.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:52 am

Some good NA fares loaded now ex EU....I’m seeing £1750 Arn - Mia in F for May
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Lawro
No, you are correct. It's something fairly regular and is now live and running until 9th January.
  • £25 extra discount – on Flight + Car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £600.
  • £50 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking.
  • £100 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking.
Does anyone know, if the flight list for BA Holidays is fixed/finite? I've found flights on google flights which don't show in the BA Holidays flight search.

Is it possible to call up and book the preferred flights for BA Holiday bookings?

I would like to fly INV-LHR-DFW-ORD, however BA Holidays doesn't show these flights.

Many thanks!
Funky Spike likes this.

Last edited by florens; Jan 6, 2018 at 3:11 am Reason: grammar...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:47 am

And I'd take a V-Room over a crowded Pret or Spoons any day.
Well, that's fine by you, but it in no way matches any term of the word "lounge" for me since it doesn't include any complimentary alcohol. And is family centric.

Using the term "lounge" around the virgin brand is very misleading, and I'd personally never use the term to describe the VRoom. There's the real VS lounge at LGW, which I rate at CCR level, and VRoom, which I'd rate as a circle of hell.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gordon0808
No New Year Ex EU sale this year?
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29252783

Keep looking!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smid
Well, that's fine by you, but it in no way matches any term of the word "lounge" for me since it doesn't include any complimentary alcohol. And is family centric.
Strange, the email Virgin sent me to promote this included the line 'free beer, wine and spirits'........................
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:49 pm

Strange, the email Virgin sent me to promote this included the line 'free beer, wine and spirits'........................
what VH website says is https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/tra...v-room-gatwick

**2017 Special Offer**

Add Gatwick v-room to your 2017 booking and get a FREE upgrade to our Standard Plus Package (includes entry, plus beers, wines and spirits).

Upon booking, please select 'Standard Plus Entry' to add this offer.

Book by 31 December 2017

Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Unfortunately, as noted in the BA website issues thread, all attempts to book BA Holidays have failed. It's an OJ flight booking with a car (not for the whole duration). Very annoying...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Have tried to book again this morning, did not work. Tried another browser, did not work. Deleted the cache, did not work.

Finally gave up and called BA Holidays. Agent was very friendly and they are aware of the issue, tech team is working to fix the issue.

Booked INV-LHR-ORD-PHL-MAN in Business, with a 10 day Group W car rental for £1368 pp. Very happy!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I got "error obtaining price quote" the first time I tried a flight + car (jumped back to the flight / car selection page) but clicked on "continue" again and it worked after that.
florens likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:43 pm

In light of a recent thread “fantastic fares to Miami,” is there a premium cabin sale on? CW fares are as low as £1,300 on North American routes.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Feb 5, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:35 pm

£1300K sounds like a bargain..
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Calum
£1300K sounds like a bargain..
£1.3Mill? I'll pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.