Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deltus
has anyone found the "book by" date on the lgw club europe sale fares? They're not mentioned on the t&cs on ba.com/sale, so i'm assuming it's not going to last until 30th jan like the rest of the sale...?
Catania says

Code:
SALES RESTRICTIONS	
 UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
  TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 30JAN 18.
  TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR IB.
  TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN ANGOLA/VENEZUELA/NIGERIA/
  ZIMBABWE.
  TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
Deltus likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure I understand the logic of the Sale being purely LHR and LGW - why are those of us not within the 'metropolis' being excluded. Looking at flights for next October and probably going to have to split the booking between return from LGW and tag on the Edi - LGW sectors. I thought the company was BRITISH Airways?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I seem to remember that for BA hols bookings, there is usually an extra promotion for a few days in the middle of each BA sale with an extra £100 or £150 off. Anyone know when this typically falls, or if I am mis-remembering a one-off promotion as something regular? Many thx.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
Catania says

Code:
SALES RESTRICTIONS
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 30JAN 18.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR IB.
TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN ANGOLA/VENEZUELA/NIGERIA/
ZIMBABWE.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
What's the code for this sale? I am trying to understand what the covered dates are.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ringingup
What's the code for this sale? I am trying to understand what the covered dates are.
The fare basis is RKV2K and there is a two day minimum stay requirement.

PERMITTED 20MAR THROUGH 14JUL OR 30AUG THROUGH 06NOV
ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON
DATE OF ORIGIN.
ringingup likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
For me, BRU LAX is 400 € more expensive than last year !
Also in January last year , LHR NEW + 3 night was 2.200 £ for two

Can find any of those price this year.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by David buick
For me, BRU LAX is 400 € more expensive than last year !
Also in January last year , LHR NEW + 3 night was 2.200 £ for two

Can find any of those price this year.
This sale does not cover exBRU.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:29 pm

Did some sale just end?! I was trying to book a multi-city SFO -> LHR and BCN -> SFO in first class for 3 people, which was about ~$18k couple weeks ago. Today, I accidentally typed 1 person which had gave me ~$5800. When I fixed it for 3 people, it suddenly gave me $38k! How did this happen?

EDIT: Oh, weird. I accidentally booked a different time (still a BCN->LHR->SFO, but just a different time for LHR->SFO), and the price difference was $18k to $38k. Sounds crazy! Selected the same time again, and got $18k for 3 tix again.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ameskay
Did some sale just end?! I was trying to book a multi-city SFO -> LHR and BCN -> SFO in first class for 3 people, which was about ~$18k couple weeks ago. Today, I accidentally typed 1 person which had gave me ~$5800. When I fixed it for 3 people, it suddenly gave me $38k! How did this happen?

EDIT: Oh, weird. I accidentally booked a different time (still a BCN->LHR->SFO, but just a different time for LHR->SFO), and the price difference was $18k to $38k. Sounds crazy! Selected the same time again, and got $18k for 3 tix again.
Probably just the difference between A class and F class availability between the two times that you selected.
ameskay likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Probably just the difference between A class and F class availability between the two times that you selected.
Oh, I see. I probably should stop waiting for a sale and book the tickets before A class runs out on both times. Thanks for the pointer!!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fruitcage
I seem to remember that for BA hols bookings, there is usually an extra promotion for a few days in the middle of each BA sale with an extra £100 or £150 off. Anyone know when this typically falls, or if I am mis-remembering a one-off promotion as something regular? Many thx.

No, you are correct. It's something fairly regular and is now live and running until 9th January.
  • £25 extra discount – on Flight + Car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £600.
  • £50 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking.
  • £100 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I've just seen some INCSALE fares from ex-EU points that seem to have been filed recently (possibly yesterday). The ones I've looked at are ticket by 4 February. Nothing magical in numerical terms, but I've seen AP reduced to 14 days from the usual (on my most common routes) 60 days for the lowest non-sale I class fares.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Could be related to a change I saw recently, the likes of LGW-BCN was wide open all year for £80-90 J each with 4 seats left on most flights far in advance. Dropped to only 1 seat a couple of days ago, making a planned little jaunt of mines for two disappear for all the dates. While the sale might last till 30th January, the seats seem to go through amount changes at points during the sale. I guess the rule is always book and cancel in 24 hours if needs be...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage
extra £100 off now until 9th January
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lawro
No, you are correct. It's something fairly regular and is now live and running until 9th January.
  • £25 extra discount – on Flight + Car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £600.
  • £50 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking.
  • £100 extra discount – on flight + hotel/car holidays to any destination for bookings with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking.
Meanwhile, Virgin has trumped them with a flat 10% of ALL holidays bookings and free lounge access. That's the way to do it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.