Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Jason85
Any idea if a BA sale is coming up soon? Want to book LHR - LAX - LHR for August on First or CW, and noticed the prices went up by 2k pounds a couple of days ago. CW was £2913, now it's almost 4900. Waited for a while, thought prices might go down even more. Boy was I wrong! They usually have a summer sale in late May/Early June every year, so just wondering if a sale is around the corner? Thanks.
It's worth taking into account that the most you can lose by buying now is the change fee even if you would hate to pay it. I haven't so far seen a sale price that would have caused me to do that.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Its very overdue. My money is on later this month - from next week sometime - so if you can wait another week or two, you may be rewarded!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Next BA Sale

I know this is a recurring question however...

Anyone with any info?

I know fuel is all going the wrong way and as current hedging runs out perhaps a few empty seats are preferable to wafer thin margins.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

Sale tomorrow Thursday? Will be breaking a long tradition if one doesn’t start next week

Last edited by jday; Jun 25, 2018 at 12:33 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It appears BA are trying to wean themselves off regular banner sales. I remember a few years ago when there was barely 8 weeks between 2. I agree the promotions are very hit and miss and am only holding on for this one to see if there are any WTP sale deals to NYC in Nov.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze Executive Club Member
To think I was so close to getting a fab deal on business class 7 day holiday in NYC for less than 1500 each back in April. Thought one would come in May, then been crossing fingers since. Got a refundable hotel booked in Sorronto, Italy but flight prices are pretty high so hoping the NYC offer comes back again.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dougy_D
To think I was so close to getting a fab deal on business class 7 day holiday in NYC for less than 1500 each back in April. Thought one would come in May, then been crossing fingers since. Got a refundable hotel booked in Sorronto, Italy but flight prices are pretty high so hoping the NYC offer comes back again.
When are you looking for ? INV-JFK only £1400 - could probably get that as a holiday for £3,000 or less ?

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...99*.GBP.139999
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:35 am

Assuming BA launch a sale shortly, how quickly and closely will other competing airlines follow, if at all? I can't recall in previous sales (because I didn't pay much attention to it) whether, for example, Virgin will pretty quickly launch their own sale on key/competing routes.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze Executive Club Member
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
When are you looking for ? INV-JFK only £1400 - could probably get that as a holiday for £3,000 or less ?

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...99*.GBP.139999
sorry, should have added that was with Business Class seats.

Edit: So is yours, sorry. Thanks I’ll have a look at that. I am pretty limited to dates but worth a look. Thanks

Last edited by Dougy_D; Jun 26, 2018 at 3:32 am
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by London_traveller
Assuming BA launch a sale shortly, how quickly and closely will other competing airlines follow, if at all? I can't recall in previous sales (because I didn't pay much attention to it) whether, for example, Virgin will pretty quickly launch their own sale on key/competing routes.
It tends to be the case for Virgin, that if they start a promo out of LON then BA will either discreetly price match or launch a similar promo themselves. Vice versa. That’s what I’ve noticed. It’s that historical game of who can beat who between BA and Branson!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It’s that historical game of who can beat who between BA and Branson!
This happens everywhere, all the time. Nothing specifically to do with any BA/VS rivalry.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

It tends to be the case for Virgin, that if they start a promo out of LON then BA will either discreetly price match or launch a similar promo themselves. Vice versa. That’s what I’ve noticed. It’s that historical game of who can beat who between BA and Branson!
Cool - thanks. Sounds logical. VS was just an example, but a good one to highlight a BA rival. Cue a roasting that I didn't mention Norwegian or EasyJet as BA's main rivals...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:21 pm

So - its almost July and still no sale. Whats going on this year, BA? I've been forced to book in the Air France Sale instead. Bird in the hand and all that.... Shame about the TP's, though.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
I think they’re still assessing the impact of Heathrow R3
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm waiting for a sale, too. Maybe once England is flying home from Russia, BA will be launching one to beat the post World Cup blues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.