Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:28 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
too many flights in booking -not able to print boarding passes

Travel agent booked 11 flights under one bookings ref but different ticket numbers. BA App doesn't allow me to get boarding passes stating "too many flights on booking". BA website gives same message. Kiosk at airport (AMS and LHR) also doesn't allow me to print boarding passes so had to go to desk. Once staff prints boarding pass BA App shows boarding pass too?!?! Not clear what stops the system from accessing/issuing boarding passes - just because you have "more" flights in booking? Very annoying to have to go to desk for this?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by WVFM
Travel agent booked 11 flights under one bookings ref but different ticket numbers. BA App doesn't allow me to get boarding passes stating "too many flights on booking". BA website gives same message.
There was a similar recent thread on this. Note the last post: OLCI NEVER available for ticket with 16 segments
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Cant book reward flights

Trying to book reward flights doesn't work on desktop or mobile. I am in USA but logged in. Shows availability is good but says ' error try again and contact us' message when trying to go to flight selection page
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"My recent searches" can't be individually deleted. On the BAEC welcome page, going to the "My recent searches and shortlist" section and clicking on the Delete link just makes the page scroll up to the top without deleting anything.

I have tested this on IE and Chrome on Windows 10 Pro, and on IE on a remote access virtual machine.

I have also had the same thing on Chrome on a Samsung tablet when asking for the desktop site. I think that I may have managed to get the "Delete" link to work properly when not asking for the desktop site, but I do need to test that again to see whether it was a fluke.

It is possible to delete them by selecting "Don't show my recent searches", and then turning that function back on, but this deletes all the saved searches at once.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have just tried to make a partner claim for a Japan Airlines flight. However, Japan Airlines is not listed in the drop down menu.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boten
I have just tried to make a partner claim for a Japan Airlines flight. However, Japan Airlines is not listed in the drop down menu.
I assume you just select "other airlines" from the bottom of the list then?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Had an interesting one just now..

Multi trip
SIN-LHR
LON-AMS (also tried LHR-AMS)
AMS-SIN

2 Pax, WTP

Selecting the first option for each flight
The LON-AMS flights do not show direct flights, only flights via Dublin?

In the end the quote came back around SGD 12,000..

Screenshots below, Didn't book and wonder how premium on Norwegian compares to WTP.

Globalist

Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:11 am

Is there a known issue with Avios redemption bookings? I've been trying to check for the past day but every time I get 'There was an error with your request, please try again later', after the initial search page. Have tried on a couple of devices too, but the same thing is happening.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globalist
Had an interesting one just now..

Multi trip
SIN-LHR
LON-AMS (also tried LHR-AMS)
AMS-SIN

2 Pax, WTP

Selecting the first option for each flight
The LON-AMS flights do not show direct flights, only flights via Dublin?

In the end the quote came back around SGD 12,000.
Someone else had a similar problem the other day when trying to book a multi-city for which NAP-LGW//LHR-AUS should have been the obvious choice, but could not get ba.com to show the non-stop NAP-LGW flights when trying to price WT+ on the long-hauls: Multi-City Flights with One leg using Avios

ITA will price this itinerary at a more plausible level using T class fares, so the phone may do the job.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 1, 2019 at 6:51 am Reason: Image removed at original author's request
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Someone else had a similar problem the other day when trying to book a multi-city for which NAP-LGW//LHR-AUS should have been the obvious choice, but could not get ba.com to show the non-stop NAP-LGW flights when trying to price WT+ on the long-hauls: Multi-City Flights with One leg using Avios

ITA will price this itinerary at a more plausible level using T class fares, so the phone may do the job.
Thanks Globaliser.

Expedia can book the itinerary just fine for SGD 1,345 per person. I was very surprised BAs own website can’t.. it was not a complex booking..

Globalist
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globalist
Expedia can book the itinerary just fine for SGD 1,345 per person.
Are you sure that's for WT+ on the long-hauls? It seems to be closer to the published S class price, ie WT.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are you sure that's for WT+ on the long-hauls? It seems to be closer to the published S class price, ie WT.
You are absolutely right.. I did not check but missed a crucial warning saying Expedia could not find premium economy fares..
One problem with that warning is it scrolls away when you look at the flights listed below.. The flights offered where in O class.

Ugh..

Globalist

Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I'm getting this on the homepage in Safari and Chrome for Mac

ba.com - please try again

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I'm getting this on the homepage in Safari and Chrome for Mac

ba.com - please try again

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
same for me
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Same on Firefox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.