Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to Gold Guest List Qualification Criteria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Gold Guest List Qualification Criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you are GGL already then you keep it until Dec 2014, and you "just" need to keep getting 3k a year before December, so unless I've missed something you are ok for the time being?
Yes, thanks corporate-wage-slave. TGflyergirl has also pointed that out. Well thank god for that. I thought I would need to keep getting 5000 TPs to keep renewing GGL.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:00 am

deleted - duplicate
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah, hold on, I completely missread that. Thanks for pointing that out TGflyergirl. I am happy again So yes, as my foot is in the door I would maintian GGL by continuing to get 3000 TPs per year. But if, god forbid, I drop to GCH one year the only way to get back to GGL would be to get 5000 TPs.

Thanks TGflyergirl for pointing out my misunderstanding ^
I'm glad you're ok I'm also breathing a huge sigh of relief here. It does however mean that there's added incentive to not lapse!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
If you are GGL already then you keep it until Dec 2014, and you "just" need to keep getting 3k a year before December, so unless I've missed something you are ok for the time being? (e.g. you're not getting 3k before Dec 2014?)
That's how I understand it too. I suppose we are the 'lucky' ones in that these changes will have no affect whatsoever on our travel patterns and qualification. It'll be the new entrants only that this will affect.

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I'm glad you're ok I'm also breathing a huge sigh of relief here. It does however mean that there's added incentive to not lapse!
Yes, thanks again. Glad someone is awake his morning ^ - I was quite unhappy at the prospect of losing GGL. My "game plan" going forward has been to keep getting 3000 TPs per year to keep up GGL, and in every other year make a break for 5000 TPs to get the CCR card. Fortunately this change doesn't seem to alter that.

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I think the FAQ answers these questions already, but yes GGL to June 2016, CCR March 2015 to June 2016, you need to get 3k to retain GGL (after June 2016) between June 2015 and June 2016, or 5k to also keep your CCR after June 2016.
always appreciated - I too was half asleep this morning - again thank you!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Nov 26, 2014 at 3:08 am Reason: my excuse - half asleep (early for me)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:07 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B435 Safari/600.1.4)

Very generous grandfathering in all existing qualifiers.

I wish they'd go further and just move lock, stock & barrel to a revenue-based model. In the true spirit of the BA FT forum, that would suit me much better
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by nux
But as you are already GGL you only need to accrue 3000 TP's to renew GGL .
Thanks nux. Fortunately others like yourself are far more on the ball this morning than me so my error has been pointed out.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... One option, I guess, would have been to turn CCR, which is currently a benefit bauble, not a level, into a level in its own right, so 2 jokers (etc) to CCR; maybe 1 joker and free changes to GGL lite?
What a good idea, or just make us Prem+

I suppose BA are trying to weed out the part-timers from the GGL
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
always appreciated - I too was half asleep this morning - again thank you!
I have just gone back and double checked the answers I put against your questions earlier in the thread crazyarmadillo and they are all still correct despite my initial issues understanding what is going on
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:11 am

So just to clarify, those whose year ends on 8th April 2015 are ok with the old criteria?

Only reason I'm asking is that Jeni says "before 8th April", where I guess she means "on or before 8th April">?
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I sort of expected something like this. I wonder whether this has come about as a result of too many transcon AA TP runs. May have to work a bit harder this year to break 5,000. I guess it was mighty stupid of me to rest on 2,800 last year.

Last edited by LondonElite; Nov 26, 2014 at 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
KARFA, apologies, but reading your responses here is like watching a verbal rollercoaster

I've no doubt BA introduced this change due to the relative ease to achieve GGL for those that comfortably achieve Gold and have a little bit of time and a bit of spare cash.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I sort of expected something like this. I wonder whether this has come about as a result of too many transcon AA TP runs. May have to work a bit harder this year to break 5,000.
I would encourage you to do so if you are within striking distance. My original plan had been to hit GGL by doing 3000 TPs in two years but this membership year I found I would be wthin 1000 TPs of a CCR card and instant GGL so decided I would go for it. It has been fun getting it and I can now hob nob with the VIPs in the CCR as well
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have just gone back and double checked the answers I put against your questions earlier in the thread crazyarmadillo and they are all still correct despite my initial issues understanding what is going on
Thanks KARFA aswell, I now understand.... (until my next post )

I'm going back to bed - note to self : never post when half asleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.