Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
It may be BA's highest OW status, but it's not quite BA's highest status. How about CCR and Prem?
Yes, and of course you are right, but others are saying that it isn't as good as other First lounges in the oneworld alliance. Therefore I can only deduce that BA isn't providing the same level to its own Emerald members as other oneworld airlines provide for their Emerald status passengers.

I haven't been the the Flounge yet, as I only joined BAEC in June, but I will reach Gold status in April. Therefore, I can't really comment on my own experience in the Flounge, I am just commenting on what others have written. Will see for myself next year.

Last edited by headingwest; Nov 19, 2014 at 11:47 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SCSA
Well so far I've been able to visit Qantas and CX Flounges, which were brilliant, and LHR is a dump in comparison.
Slightly unfair comparison. A fair few chunk of the Flounge users are on sub £100 fares to domestic locations, or sub £200 fares across Europe, and you won't see much of that in MEL, SYD or HKG. I don't really recognise your Flounge, unless it was very busy. I've always found it comfortable, fairly quiet, with a good range of food in it - more items certainly than the other lounges you mention. For breakfast in particular I think Flounge is very good.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I too love the flounge - I prefer self service - its airy - one time out of say 100 its been too busy (but I suppose its the time of the day I go). The employees have always been attentive. And beverage selection is pretty good.

I don't need fancy food or a haircut (oopps I wish I did tho!), so the flounge does it for me!

When my CCR card comes, I suspect I will still wonder down to the flounge after a few cocktails at the CCR bar.

Maybe I would change my mind if I went to Asia or the middle east - but I have no intention on going to such exotic places.

London and USA is enough for me.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I don't need fancy food or a haircut (oopps I wish I did tho!), so the flounge does it for me!
Haircut? Never been offered by BA in their lounges.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
"The Magic Door" LOL. Having just booked my first F redemption which will involve a connection from EDI i will actually be making a point in going upstairs to go through this door.

Unless a kind FT'er guest's me in sometime then this will be probably my only ever effort in the CCR so i'll be going through the Magic Door.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by layz
Haircut? Never been offered by BA in their lounges.
I was referring to the VS lounge and how wonderful people think it is - apologies wasn't clear.

For me the flounge is much better than a lot of other lounges with VS lounge being an example of where BA beats others.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Slightly OT do HAL really believe that because I have to walk the long way around to the Gf that I am likely to shop. No I just curse under my breath about the stupid layout of the airport.
+1 ^
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:49 pm

As this was nothing but spreading false rumours from a presumably compromised twitter account and the policy has been clarified officially by BA as unchanged, the thread will be closed.

Feel free to start a new thread on the topic of who and why they should be able to turn right at South Security.

Thank you,
Petrus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.