Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:19 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear All

I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to Gold and Silver Executive Club Members who are travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.

We are currently investigating the tweet but I wanted to let you all know officially that access to the Concorde Room has not been extended.

Sorry to cause any disappointment and thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards

Jeni
Dear Jeni,

Sorry to point out a mistake in your post.

The CCR is available to all who travel in BA First and it is not limited to Gold and Silver card holders who travel in First.

bjorns
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Paralytic
This will never happen (HAL wouldn't allow it and they're obviously the dominant one in their relationship with BA, verging on Stockholm syndrome), but the response on this thread has been highly entertaining.
What was entertaining about them
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
phew, I shall accordingly framed my CCR card when it turns up in a few months ....

I would add as well, who would think that tweeting that would be funny ? I'm sure apart from us on here, that no one would be the slightest bit interested in the infamous door.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by bjorns
Dear Jeni,

Sorry to point out a mistake in your post.

The CCR is available to all who travel in BA First and it is not limited to Gold and Silver card holders who travel in First.

bjorns
Maybe a new "enhancement" is on its way?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
What is the logic of going along, down, along, and up again?
You're forced to walk past the shops......

As in many other 'Terminals' (e.g. St Pancras) airport and railway station development is driven under the premise that it is a shopping centre, with those inconvenient runways/train lines as a purely secondary business activity.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Being able to avoid the annoying double-backing almost makes North security somewhat attractive, but premium check-in/bag drop desks are near South security, so... #firstworldflyerproblems.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:35 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Dear All,

You are of course correct - all customers travelling in First are able to access the Concorde Room irrespective of their Tier Status. My previous note should have read "I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to customers travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.".

Apologies for any confusion and thank you all for bringing the error in my last note to my attention.

Warm Regards

Jeni
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
his account is followed by British Airways - and there was me looking forward to my CCR card in March - I may shred it in disgust now! riffraff
They follow me too. It don't mean much!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
phew, I shall accordingly frame my CCR card when it turns up in a few months ....
You would be well advised to frame it. As the print rubs off after a while and you just end up with a piece of white plastic with Gold spots on it.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
You would be well advised to frame it. As the print rubs off after a while and you just end up with a piece of white plastic with Gold spots on it.
Laminating the card, should one be so inclined (as opposed to just requesting another CCR card from BA) should provide sufficient protection...but would probably make it too wide to fit into a typical wallet slot.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Titter, titter, titter.
I think you hit the nail on the head here:

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I love these threads. They're a great insight into the mindset of fliers with status.
Palmer
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What was entertaining about them
Don't worry, it must be me. My physics teacher at school once told me I had a warped sense of humour.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
...and a huge sigh of relief from the Concorde Room users You don't have to hide the bottles of champagne after all
I was more worried about someone nicking my coffee mug!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear All,

You are of course correct - all customers travelling in First are able to access the Concorde Room irrespective of their Tier Status. My previous note should have read "I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to customers travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.".

Apologies for any confusion and thank you all for bringing the error in my last note to my attention.

Warm Regards

Jeni
I don't want a cut and paste apology.

May I have 10,000 avios please?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was more worried about someone nicking my coffee mug!
LOL your mug is safe with Ann^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.