Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
What is the logic of going along, down, along, and up again?
To capture the hoards of people who get distracted by, and drawn towards, shiny things.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
To capture the hoards of people who get distracted by, and drawn towards, shiny things.
Oh, I know the reason. I was asking if there was any logic
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Slightly OT do HAL really believe that because I have to walk the long way around to the Gf that I am likely to shop. No I just curse under my breath about the stupid layout of the airport.
But that's exactly the logic that Ikea apply to their furniture warehouses and I see very few people walk out of Ikea with just the one item!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What is the logic of going along, down, along, and up again?
Shopping, apparently.

Originally Posted by layz
Does anyone have a floor plan of the lounges and their relation to security? Is any part of the flounge next to security where another entrance could be added?
No. The CCR corridor for the toilets extends down past where security is. GF is 'fully enclosed' in that respect. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Oh, I know the reason. I was asking if there was any logic
I suppose the logic behind the decision is to prevent the CCR guests from being trampled by traffic passing through to the other lounges. As you enter the CCR through the 'Magic Door' there is a seating area on the right as well as the hallway to the bathrooms and cabanas. On the left is the reception area and the main seating. Any thru-traffic would definitely interfere with the quiet enjoyment of the CCR guests.

I suspect it would also bring a new breed of chancers who would attempt to seek access to the CCR.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:51 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I can tell you for sure, that this rumour is untrue.

It is not practically possible to funnel all GC and GF users through the CCR.

bjorns
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by paulieuk
Yesterday afternoon a Twitter account purporting to be that of Robert Boyle, IAG Director of Strategy, posted this [click it to see the original post]:

I was surprised not see such a turn-up for the books to have made it to these hallowed pages... has anyone without a First boarding pass or CCR Card been able to turn right into the lounges complex Can anyone prove this or otherwise?
Tweet has been deleted now.

However it's a truism. "All users of the CCR door can use it". Well duh, if you can't use it, then you aren't a user.

I interpreted it as
* Building work had stopped the CCR door being available for an unspecified time
* Building work has now finished and it's back to normal (F + CCR holders only)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
This will never happen (HAL wouldn't allow it and they're obviously the dominant one in their relationship with BA, verging on Stockholm syndrome), but the response on this thread has been highly entertaining.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Titter, titter, titter.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:09 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Dear All

I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to Gold and Silver Executive Club Members who are travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.

We are currently investigating the tweet but I wanted to let you all know officially that access to the Concorde Room has not been extended.

Sorry to cause any disappointment and thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards

Jeni
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Tweet has been deleted now.

However it's a truism. "All users of the CCR door can use it". Well duh, if you can't use it, then you aren't a user.

I interpreted it as
* Building work had stopped the CCR door being available for an unspecified time
* Building work has now finished and it's back to normal (F + CCR holders only)
Considering there is building work in that area then that was always a possibility (although I was not aware of any time that the building work blocked the CCR entrance, but I'm sure HAL would have loved an excuse to divert some high value customers round the shops )
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to Gold and Silver Executive Club Members who are travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.
What have Gold and Silver got to do with it? All First pax have access regardless.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
...and a huge sigh of relief from the Concorde Room users You don't have to hide the bottles of champagne after all
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear All

We are currently investigating the tweet but I wanted to let you all know officially that access to the Concorde Room has not been extended.

Sorry to cause any disappointment and thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards

Jeni
Err.......what about Blue members travelling in First, or indeed any First Class passenger??
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Err.......what about Blue members travelling in First, or indeed any First Class passenger??
Indeed..........the post is a fake!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.