Wiki Posts
Search

T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Titter, titter, titter.
You may find it funny from down there at the end of the world , but those of us who have to endure the pain of flying several times a week really appreciate a quiet place to go and work or relax between flights, and so this isn't a laughing matter!

Despite FT showing how much less expensive it is to gain access than people might think, the CCR is mostly quiet and uncrowded. Long may it stay that way.

PS - but anyway, from the outset, there was no way this rumour was ever remotely true
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was more worried about someone nicking my coffee mug!
coffee??
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:59 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear All

I can confirm that the Concorde Room is only available to Gold and Silver Executive Club Members who are travelling in First, or to those Members who hold a Concorde Room Card.

.... Warm Regards

Jeni
Surely it's available to anyone travelling in First - not just Silver and Gold BAEC members!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FF
Surely it's available to anyone travelling in First - not just Silver and Gold BAEC members!
If you read further on you will see that point was clarified here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23865456-post52.html
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:04 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Ooops - apologies.... Didn't see the second page of posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979
coffee??
Yeah, well it's easier than drinking M&S wine gums.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm a recent GCH attainee, and I'm still confused as to why there's a First Lounge at LHR if all First pax go to to the Concorde Room.

My first visit to the Vaunted Galleries Flounge left me decidedly underwhelmed. The tables all had chips in them, the showers were disgusting, and you had to beg for table service in the dining area.

Is this because LHR Flounge really isn't a Flounge but rather a Lounge for GCH and OWE travelling in other classes?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SCSA
I'm a recent GCH attainee, and I'm still confused as to why there's a First Lounge at LHR if all First pax go to to the Concorde Room.

My first visit to the Vaunted Galleries Flounge left me decidedly underwhelmed. The tables all had chips in them, the showers were disgusting, and you had to beg for table service in the dining area.

Is this because LHR Flounge really isn't a Flounge but rather a Lounge for GCH and OWE travelling in other classes?
Correct. It's to get around the OWE rules.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Correct
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Well so far I've been able to visit Qantas and CX Flounges, which were brilliant, and LHR is a dump in comparison.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevieed
Correct. It's to get around the OWE rules.
If that is the case, they don't think very much of their own Emerald members (BA Gold).
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
If that is the case, they don't think very much of their own Emerald members (BA Gold).
Well they think more of them than Silvers, who can only access the GC, but less than passengers actually flying in First.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
Well they think more of them than Silvers, who can only access the GC, but less than passengers actually flying in First.
In a sense, they are saying...well thank you for reaching the highest status in oneworld, but we still don't value you enough to give you the best, so if you could spend another couple of grand we will give you a better service, otherwise you will have the same as we have to give oneworld Emerald members from other airlines.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Well so far I've been able to visit Qantas and CX Flounges, which were brilliant, and LHR is a dump in comparison.
Crikey it's not that bad. I've just enjoyed a nice dinner and now I am relaxing with a glass of champagne in a comfy seat. It's not crowded. Certainly isn't a dump.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
In a sense, they are saying...well thank you for reaching the highest status in oneworld, but we still don't value you enough to give you the best, so if you could spend another couple of grand we will give you a better service, otherwise you will have the same as we have to give oneworld Emerald members from other airlines.
It may be BA's highest OW status, but it's not quite BA's highest status. How about CCR and Prem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.