Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA post flight survey - done yours??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.

In light of the ever growing enhancements BA introduces and the dissatisfied experiences shared by others not only on this forum but others such as Business Traveller/Seatplans, it occurred to me, if any of you ever complete the post flight questionnaires that BA sends out to customers? This is usually through email and even text message asking you to rate your experience. The email (web) version is more in depth and can take around 15 minutes to complete and also has some free text comment boxes at the end of each section for you to give a more detailed response.

I am wondering if the BA is getting more positive experiences through feedback from customers and not enough people rating their true experience through this feedback channel. As I don’t work for the airline, I couldn't say how often this information is reviewed but I would have thought that this sort of statistical data is reviewed on a regular basis with appropriate trend analysis etc…

Have you done yours?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Yes I completed a few last month, the positive thing is that they're sent in the immediate aftermath of the flight so your experience is still crystal clear in your head. It's like post match interviews, I like this approach because it makes you speak out about what your feelings are at the moment and not after secondary thoughts and reflections.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Always and invariably ... if BA wants my feedback, they will get it.

How else do they discover what the customer thinks?

I could debate the actual questions, but that's not the point.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by icegirl
As I don’t work for the airline, I couldn't say how often this information is reviewed but I would have thought that this sort of statistical data is reviewed on a regular basis with appropriate trend analysis etc …
AIUI, BA monitors these numbers constantly, not just regularly. If anything gets noticeably better or worse, it should show up in the numbers.

I always do them.

And the ones for ba.com.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Always and invariably ... if BA wants my feedback, they will get it.

How else do they discover what the customer thinks?

I could debate the actual questions, but that's not the point.
Just get the feeling people think the only place BA will listen is a public internet forum. I really do believe BA get strong positive feedback back which is not effecting their overall performance rating by flyers. My partner can't be bothered do them but fles a lot but still moans when he has had a naff flight.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: SQ, KL

Yes, I do them too. Given how comprehensive the questions can be, I can't imagine BA would ask them if they weren't going to make use of the answers.

There's a lot I like about flying BA, even in the back. I'd like them to know the things that keep me choosing them so that they'll go on offering them.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I always check after my flights to see if there is any feedback, it is particularly useful when I still have the return flight or as a crew we have 4 sectors together.
It allows me to feedback to individuals whether it be motivational or developmental and also highlight general trends.
I would encourage you to complete these surveys as they really are useful, but please be careful with your scores as I often see positive comments but a score of 1 which doesn't seem correct.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I always complete surveys from BA, but I don't think I've had an email one for the last year or two. I don't know if they still do the paper ones on board, but I've not seen one of those for about four years.

I do almost always get the SMS asking me about my lounge experience just as I'm approaching Heathrow on HEX though
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Which survey is this? I don't get any by email, but typically I get a text from "60787" asking me to rate my experience at the airport. I always complete these and seem to be offered these only at UK airports, moments after checking in.

I've never been emailed a survey link after a flight.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by paul4040
Which survey is this? I don't get any by email, but typically I get a text from "60787" asking me to rate my experience at the airport. I always complete these and seem to be offered these only at UK airports, moments after checking in.

Same sentiments.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul4040

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Same sentiments.
Check your junk mail folder the email ([email protected] ) is not sent by BA but through a third party co called Nunwood who are a customer experience consultancy.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They will monitor the numbers regularly in order to comply with meeting quality system targets. What they do with the results is another matter though. In my employment days they weren't taken too seriously as the organisation I worked for much preferred feedback gathered through other means as it was deemed to be more reliable.

Personally I don't complete any surveys I'm given on board as I'm usually too knackered. I give them to my wife instead. I prefer the post flight ones when I'm more compos mentis.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by icegirl
Check your junk mail folder the email ([email protected] ) is not sent by BA but through a third party co called Nunwood who are a customer experience consultancy.
Nope not there. Must just not qualify...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I always seem to get these, and I always fill them out. I figure feedback is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.