FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1612603-seating-queries-first.html)

The _Banking_Scot Sep 7, 2019 2:53 am

Originally Posted by pdsuk (Post 31499971)
I managed to bag F on the A380 in December for a good price -- daytime outbound, overnight inbound.

As a solo traveller, I have 4A on the way out and 3K on the way back. The only other seats showing "available" on MMB on the outbound are the middle pairs. I suspect that given I am a lowly Blue that some of the seats could be available (not thinking 1A or 1K) but being held back.

Ideally I'd like to get 2A/K or 3A/K on the outbound and will keep checking periodically, however are YouFirst any good at helping with this type of query or will they merely say "what you see in MMB is what we see) ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

I do not think any seats on the A380 are held back and suspect that You first will come back with the availability as shown on MMB. I would however keep checking periodically though.

Regards

TBS

CC999 Sep 9, 2019 3:12 am

My Son his Wife and their very young Daughter, making her first flight, were booked, many months ago to Venice yesterday.

A few weeks ago he received an e mail telling him the flight was cancelled and then later on the same day another e mail saying oops sorry it isn't cancelled after all.

Seats all pre booked some time ago and at check in he is told, sorry infants aren't allowed in that row, as if they didn't have full details when the booking was made.

BA then poroceed to split up the Family and seat them in different rows!!!

I hate to say this but BA have become a joke and have become a laughing stock not to be taken seriously. It's one thing after another with them. As a gold card holder and a loyal customer for 40 years plus I have always defended them when people have criricised, but I am afraid they have run out of excuses and rightly deserve all the bad publicity they are getting. As things are they stand to lose a huge amount of their business to hungry rivals.

Good luck BA you have no one else to blame but yourselves you've stopped thinking about the most important part of your business, your CUSTOMERS!!.

alex67500 Sep 9, 2019 3:25 am

It's funny how people are ready to defend a brand/company as long as mishaps happen to other people...

Dom Fly Oct 6, 2019 4:07 am

Hi, I have had a look through this thread and have mixed opinions and relatively new to flyer talk. I am looking to travel with my grandmother in F on 747 to Nairobi next year for her birthday it both our first time. We both love window seats, however, being one behind the other doesn't allow sharing the experience and help her out with IFE, seat etc as we did is CW last year. I was thinking 2AK rather than one behind each other or middle rows so I we can still see each other. Or should i just bite the bullet and go for the middle?. Also, She is quite small only 4'9" so was thinking we could do buddy dining for lunch or afternoon tea, read it is pretty cramped but hopeing it shouldn't be a problem for her unless due to the new serve wear.

What are people's thoughts for my situation? Thanks

The _Banking_Scot Oct 6, 2019 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Dom Fly (Post 31598104)
Hi, I have had a look through this thread and have mixed opinions and relatively new to flyer talk. I am looking to travel with my grandmother in F next year for her birthday it both our first time. We both love window seats, however, being one behind the other doesn't allow sharing the experience and help her out with IFE, seat etc as we did is CW last year. I was thinking 2AK rather than one behind each other or middle rows so I we can still see each other. Or should i just bite the bullet and go for the middle?. Also, She is quite small only 4'9" so was thinking we could do buddy dining for lunch or afternoon tea, read it is pretty cramped but hopeing it shouldn't be a problem for her unless due to the new serve wear.

Hi,

What aircraft will you be on? as on a 777 or 787 2AK will be on the opposite sides of the cabin so and you will have to go the long way round as there will be middle seats ( on the 747 they are relatively close to each other).

I flew with my mother to/from Toronto a fortnight ago and we had window seats straight behind each other. It was easy to help with IFE and I after settling in I put her roll on in the overhead locker. Buddy dining will be fine ( unless on the 789 )

Regards

TBS

robiles Oct 6, 2019 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Dom Fly (Post 31598104)
Hi, I have had a look through this thread and have mixed opinions and relatively new to flyer talk. I am looking to travel with my grandmother in F next year for her birthday it both our first time. We both love window seats, however, being one behind the other doesn't allow sharing the experience and help her out with IFE, seat etc as we did is CW last year. I was thinking 2AK rather than one behind each other or middle rows so I we can still see each other. Or should i just bite the bullet and go for the middle?. Also, She is quite small only 4'9" so was thinking we could do buddy dining for lunch or afternoon tea, read it is pretty cramped but hopeing it shouldn't be a problem for her unless due to the new serve wear.

Werw has 2A/K on the 747 and it was plenty close enough but then actually just before take off 1A/K were still free to we were offered to move forward.

Dom Fly Oct 6, 2019 5:08 am

Sorry I forgot to mention we are flying to Nairobi which is operated by 747s so looking at 2AK being ok with buddy dining. Sounds like the perfect option and if 1AK are avalible closer to the flight that will be the cherry on top :)

Mr Silver K Oct 13, 2019 10:02 am

I am flying on 15th October to PHL currently in 2A. I want to move to 1A but it hasn’t been released on BA yet. Expert flyer says both 1A and 1K are empty. When I do a dummy booking they are showing as available but you can’t select them.

What is the deal here? I am silver so knew I’d have to wait until T-72. That was Saturday so we’re past that point.

Globaliser Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K (Post 31623554)
What is the deal here?

What did BA say when you phoned them?

Mr Silver K Oct 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31624361)
What did BA say when you phoned them?

I haven’t yet. I thought the community may have a reason this would be happening. Could be just an IT glitch?

golfmad Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K (Post 31624377)
I haven’t yet. I thought the community may have a reason this would be happening. Could be just an IT glitch?

If you are within 72 hours the seats will be available to a lot of people. If you want it, I suggest you call pronto.

Mr Silver K Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31624380)
If you are within 72 hours the seats will be available to a lot of people. If you want it, I suggest you call pronto.

They’re telling me they are not available to me yet. They may not get released until T-24 hours. Sounds completely against everything else that I’ve read but the agent said there was nothing they could do either. It’s weird

Globaliser Oct 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K (Post 31624410)
They’re telling me they are not available to me yet. They may not get released until T-24 hours. Sounds completely against everything else that I’ve read but the agent said there was nothing they could do either. It’s weird

Recent discussion along the same lines:-

Mr Silver K Oct 14, 2019 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31624635)

Thanks. I did try to search prior to posting but obviously didn’t put the right things in for results to appear. I guess the policy is no longer T-72

Row9 Oct 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K (Post 31625711)
Thanks. I did try to search prior to posting but obviously didn’t put the right things in for results to appear. I guess the policy is no longer T-72

Had the same issue. On boarding, the CC checked and confirmed nobody was in row 1 and let us move forward.