FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1612603-seating-queries-first.html)

flyingManc Aug 26, 2018 12:34 pm

I had a similar thought process a few months ago. When online check-in opened 1a and 1k were available, we had already decided to risk it so we took them. We were not bumped although at check-in the cabin was half full, but when boarding completed it was full.

jdsworld Aug 27, 2018 11:17 am

I just checked and 1K is now unblocked and free. So I've taken it. And hopefully I'll get to hold onto it!

BardLucyHumeXI Sep 2, 2018 11:44 am

Couple and baby

Hi,

We're flying overnight in a 747 in F. We are a couple with a baby just under 1 year old.

5F is marked as the cot seat, but where would be best for the other adult? 5E in the centre or K across the aisle?

I'm very tall so extra space is always a consideration.

Thanks!

Will100 Sep 2, 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by BardLucyHumeXI (Post 30158873)
Hi,

We're flying overnight in a 747 in F. We are a couple with a baby just under 1 year old.

5F is marked as the cot seat, but where would be best for the other adult? 5E in the centre of K across the aisle?

I'm very tall so extra space is always a consideration.

Thanks!

Go 5K, windows are better.

FrogTastic Sep 5, 2018 7:40 am

Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's? Is there a way to see images of the cabin?

Lucanesque Sep 5, 2018 7:59 am

Originally Posted by FrogTastic (Post 30169761)
Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's? Is there a way to see images of the cabin?

This thread is for First seating queries, take a look at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ller-plus.html where you should find your answer (or be able to pose the question) :)

FrogTastic Sep 5, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque (Post 30169817)
This thread is for First seating queries, take a look at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ller-plus.html where you should find your answer (or be able to pose the question) :)

I do apologise, I got over excited when it came up in the search.

ExAbz Sep 12, 2018 6:31 am

Travelling on a 744 to SAN next year with Mrs ExABZ, I have Gold status but unable to select 1A\K even though they are open on both outbound and inbound. Is there a reason for this?

windowontheAside Sep 12, 2018 6:34 am

Are you trying to select both? You can only select them if both passengers are gold. Best select one for yourself and the window behind for your wife if she's not gold. Nearer checkin you may be able to nab the other if it's still free.

Scandinavian traveler Sep 12, 2018 6:36 am

Originally Posted by ExAbz (Post 30195341)
Travelling on a 744 to SAN next year with Mrs ExABZ, I have Gold status but unable to select 1A\K even though they are open on both outbound and inbound. Is there a reason for this?

Those seats are blocked for Gold status pax only. You would be able to pick it for yourself but not for Mrs. ExABZ, except if she also has Gold status.

ExAbz Sep 12, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside (Post 30195347)
Are you trying to select both? You can only select them if both passengers are gold. Best select one for yourself and the window behind for your wife if she's not gold. Nearer checkin you may be able to nab the other if it's still free.

Ah that's it, she's a silver (BAEC). Thanks for the info.

mmxbreaks Sep 14, 2018 5:13 pm

777-300 (described as 77W on HND-LHR leg) we've got a totally open cabin to choose from. It's a day flight so trying to select the best pair.
Currently in 1EF, with 2/4EF available.
Row 4 is bassinet row so risky for change of seating if required.
Row 1 I'm assuming is by the galley, not best for noise?
Row 2 may therefore be the best option?
Window for both of us seems antisocial and we're doing a middle/window split on the night flight out, unless someone has better suggestion (maybe that's best both ways, assuming one lands the best crew member)?
Opinions appreciated!

mmxbreaks Oct 2, 2018 12:23 am

On the 747 in F 1a/k are occupied, as is 4e/f.
Therefore I think 5e/f is the best option, despite galley proximity.
It's a day flight, we want to chat and want to be sat together. Only other logical pairing is 5a/e, I think, but that seems too distant?
2a/k also available but, again, daytime flight with chat puts them too far apart... Although a window seat each would be nice!
Am I making the best decision with the row 5 pair?
​​​​​

TheFlyingCyclist Oct 2, 2018 12:26 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 30204781)
777-300 (described as 77W on HND-LHR leg) we've got a totally open cabin to choose from. It's a day flight so trying to select the best pair.
Currently in 1EF, with 2/4EF available.
Row 4 is bassinet row so risky for change of seating if required.
Row 1 I'm assuming is by the galley, not best for noise?
Row 2 may therefore be the best option?
Window for both of us seems antisocial and we're doing a middle/window split on the night flight out, unless someone has better suggestion (maybe that's best both ways, assuming one lands the best crew member)?
Opinions appreciated!

With the buddy dining always an option for a drink and a chat I wouldn’t say it’s antisocial; once you’re watching a film etc it doesn’t really make much difference where you’re sitting. I’d go window/window.

TheFlyingCyclist Oct 2, 2018 12:27 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 30269079)
On the 747 in F 1a/k are occupied, as is 4e/f.
Therefore I think 5e/f is the best option, despite galley proximity.
It's a day flight, we want to chat and want to be sat together. Only other logical pairing is 5a/e, I think, but that seems too distant?
2a/k also available but, again, daytime flight with chat puts them too far apart... Although a window seat each would be nice!
Am I making the best decision with the row 5 pair?
​​​​​

2ak and make use of the buddy seats if you want to chat. They are so much better as only 1ak will ever walk past you and a great feeling of space due to the wide empty cabin at that point.