FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1612603-seating-queries-first.html)

minichr1s Oct 6, 2020 3:10 am

Hi all,

Were booked LHR/LAS next August in F, its currently showing as a 777-200ER with 12F, what's the chances it will be this configuration by then?

Thanks

KARFA Oct 6, 2020 3:11 am

Originally Posted by minichr1s (Post 32725958)
Hi all,

Were booked LHR/LAS next August in F, its currently showing as a 777-200ER with 12F, what's the chances it will be this configuration by then?

Thanks

next august? Who knows? it’s difficult enough to trying to predict for next month these days :)

I would have thought if anything LAS may lose F completely but tbh this is well in to crystal ball territory.

minichr1s Oct 6, 2020 3:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32725960)
next august? Who knows? it’s difficult enough to trying to predict for next month these days :)

I would have thought if anything LAS may lose F completely but tbh this is well in to crystal ball territory.

Thanks KARFA

When I spoke with BA CS previously they were adamant they would "never take F off Vegas" but I could live with a downgrade to CW (especially if its a new suite) and 75% off :D

skicowboys Oct 13, 2020 4:59 pm

BA have indeed taken F off LAS, which to be honest isn't a surprise, our Jan and Feb dates are on a 3 class 772J, i think there is some F from March onwards. If you don't mind a 4 hr drive both SAN and PHX still have F (we switched to PHX). It would be nice to go back to Vegas but they are having their own troubles at the moment with a big increase in violence, even on the strip, which was unheard of.

MH1981 Oct 14, 2020 10:39 am

Originally Posted by skicowboys (Post 32745676)
BA have indeed taken F off LAS, which to be honest isn't a surprise, our Jan and Feb dates are on a 3 class 772J, i think there is some F from March onwards. If you don't mind a 4 hr drive both SAN and PHX still have F (we switched to PHX). It would be nice to go back to Vegas but they are having their own troubles at the moment with a big increase in violence, even on the strip, which was unheard of.

Was your flight to LAS originally on a 4 class and changed to a 3 class? Or was it 3 class when you booked? I have a flight to LAS booked for April in first and I’ll be extremely frustrated if it’s moved to a 3 class.

mikeyfly Oct 14, 2020 11:47 am

LAS was stripped of First during the phasing out of old F. It must be one of the marginal money makers. I’d route through LAX and keep F if it was to be dropped

MH1981 Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32747572)
LAS was stripped of First during the phasing out of old F. It must be one of the marginal money makers. I’d route through LAX and keep F if it was to be dropped

I’m confused by this. BA have been flying the 747 to LAS for as long as I can remember with new F and many people I know have flown there in F? And why take bookings in F if it has been stripped? Am I missing something here?

mikeyfly Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by MH1981 (Post 32747605)
I’m confused by this. BA have been flying the 747 to LAS for as long as I can remember with new F and many people I know have flown there in F? And why take bookings in F if it has been stripped? Am I missing something here?

I have several times too. But it can’t be a high yielding F route and this is demonstrated in it dropping F in the new year and when it has previously been selling as a 6J 744

PxC Oct 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32747572)

If BA were to drop F on my LHR-LAS Avois booking would they let me reroute via LAX regardless of reward availability? Would it be that or taking back 75% of the Avios in CW? And finally, could I reroute one way and get the avios back the other?

Thanks

minichr1s Oct 15, 2020 7:35 am

CS Rep said to me they wouldn't be taking F off LAS, I booked mine with 4 class available in early September.

noFODplease Oct 15, 2020 9:42 am

Originally Posted by minichr1s (Post 32749449)
CS Rep said to me they wouldn't be taking F off LAS, I booked mine with 4 class available in early September.

On a side note, I very much doubt anyone in the call centre or otherwise has any idea what the route planners intend to do with F on any route in the near future!
I'm sure they are trying to be helpful and positive but really the correct answer must be: 'I have no idea'

Nephoi Nov 5, 2020 7:08 am

whats the better option for an ex HKG flight? A380 or 777?

Rubecula Nov 5, 2020 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 32797030)

A380 every time but.......

When will BA reintroduce the A380?

I think they will but would base any current purchase decision on the expectation the A380 will not be available.

GBOAC Nov 5, 2020 8:22 am

Can't comment on F, but the overall cabin quality on the A380 is far superior to the 777 (I've slept better in an A380 in Y and a 777 in PE). Given the limited routes operated on the A380, go for it if you can.
First on the 777 was unremarkable (done it once)... Though my understanding is that the 77W will be fitted with upgraded first with a door (matching the new aircraft being delivered).
A380 all the way (in any class)!

golfmad Nov 5, 2020 10:55 am

A380 is preferable to the B77W which is preferable to the B772.