FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1612603-seating-queries-first.html)

golfmad Jan 25, 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Jofnan (Post 31992635)
This summer four of us (2 adults 2 children) will be returning from HKG on BA28 which seems to be a 777-300. I've currently reserved 1E/F and 2E/F which is close to the forward galley, but wondering if I should go a row back to 2E/F and 4E/F which is close to the F loos and CW galley.

Thoughts?

Unless there is a medical reason I cannot think of any advantage of being closer to the F toilets at the rear of the cabin. I think you’re in danger of overthinking this. Your first choice looks ideal to me.

Jofnan Jan 25, 2020 8:46 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31993008)
Unless there is a medical reason I cannot think of any advantage of being closer to the F toilets at the rear of the cabin. I think you’re in danger of overthinking this. Your first choice looks ideal to me.

Apologies, for the unclear wording - it's not that I want to be closer to the loos. Would folks recommend row 1 & 2 (but closer to the galley) or 2 & 4 (but closer to the loo/CW galley)?

Clearly an ultimate first-world problem!

Can I help you Jan 25, 2020 8:59 am

Yes it is, stay where you are.

shuly Feb 1, 2020 12:34 am

On the 747, does door 1 always open upon arrival? If not, and only door 2 is used, do first pax have priority exiting the aircraft? How is this handled?

Shuly

firstlight Feb 1, 2020 12:55 am

Originally Posted by shuly (Post 32019267)
On the 747, does door 1 always open upon arrival? If not, and only door 2 is used, do first pax have priority exiting the aircraft? How is this handled?

Shuly

it depends, in my limited experience door 2 is mostly used, and the cabin crew often, but not always stand in the way so 1st passengers can depart ahead of others.

crazyarmadillo Feb 1, 2020 12:58 am

Originally Posted by shuly (Post 32019267)

Shuly

when we've flown F on the 747, its normally door 2. The CC try to keep the cabins behind door 2 and upper deck to wait. But I have seen others customers barge past the crew a couple of times, but that has been maybe twice, so normally in F you get off pretty quick.

I think you may find its based on arrival airport which door for the 747.

shuly Feb 1, 2020 1:05 am

Thank you. I'm asking specifically about JFK; rumors about the immigration lines at terminal 7 are dreadful...

Shuly

crazyarmadillo Feb 1, 2020 2:02 am

Originally Posted by shuly (Post 32019337)
Thank you. I'm asking specifically about JFK; rumors about the immigration lines at terminal 7 are dreadful...

Shuly

Any seat in F normally can get off pretty quick compared to other seats, but jfk lines can more be determined by time of arrival.

I'm sure there's lots other threads here on FT that can give you an idea re immigration at JFK , but I don't have any links.

BarneyMcGrew Feb 1, 2020 2:02 am

Originally Posted by shuly (Post 32019337)

Shuly

I suppose it depends what time you arrive at JFK and how many other flights have landed around the same time or earlier.

I flew there in First on BA117 just before Christmas. The crew held back the other pax whilst we in First disembarked via door 2. As this flight arrives at circa 11.30am, the terminal was very quiet with almost no queues at Immigration with plenty of CBP staff around. Having GE I was through within a few minutes (and it took me a little while to work out the new photo only GE machines)!

I believe it is the later arriving flights where immigration can be a problem.

crazyarmadillo Feb 1, 2020 2:15 am

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew (Post 32019430)
I suppose it depends what time you arrive at JFK and how many other flights have landed around the same time or earlier.

I flew there in First on BA117 just before Christmas. The crew held back the other pax whilst we in First disembarked via door 2. As this flight arrives at circa 11.30am, the terminal was very quiet with almost no queues at Immigration with plenty of CBP staff around. Having GE I was through within a few minutes (and it took me a little while to work out the new photo only GE machines)!

I believe it is the later arriving flights where immigration can be a problem.

2pm is one of the busiest times. And I think around 6-7. There's an official website where you can find out by the hour and terminal. I don't have link

Malli1 Feb 1, 2020 3:07 am

First LHR to HND

Hi there,

We have pushed the boat out and treated ourselves to our first first to HND in September. We are silver so cannot access row 1, so have picked 2k and 3k. Are these decent seats? No narrative about them on Seat Guru and most of the cabin is free if they aren’t. We didn’t want to sit in the middle because OH likes the window.

I’m a nervous flyer so tend to stay awake during flights (and have done before to NRT) so I don’t mind a little noise but not too much...

BarneyMcGrew Feb 1, 2020 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Malli1 (Post 32019533)
Hi there,

We have pushed the boat out and treated ourselves to our first first to HND in September. We are silver so cannot access row 1, so have picked 2k and 3k. Are these decent seats? No narrative about them on Seat Guru and most of the cabin is free if they aren’t. We didn’t want to sit in the middle because OH likes the window.

I’m a nervous flyer so tend to stay awake during flights (and have done before to NRT) so I don’t mind a little noise but not too much...

Seat Guru is a bit rubbish for BA seating.

The BA Source is much better:

Seat Maps | The BA Source

Select your aircraft type then ‘First Class Seat Advice’

dislikeofturningright Feb 1, 2020 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Malli1 (Post 32019533)
Hi there,

2k and 3k are great seats in my opinion.

Can I help you Feb 1, 2020 3:54 am

And in mine as well.

Malli1 Feb 1, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you, looks like we will stick with them!