Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bag tags: should I just throw them in the bin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag tags: should I just throw them in the bin?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by didnotbat
I have pink aluminium tags engraved with FF numbers (no name or 'phone numbers) and secured by plastic lock tags for my checked baggage. Easy to spot my bog standard black luggage on the baggage carousel, very difficult to remove and, to date, I have yet to lose any.
If they're big enough and bright enough then they may be perfect for my look. If so I can start wearing my BA tags on my belt loops or as earrings for when out shopping (the Waitrose comment gave me a great idea) ^.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I use my w****r tags to scrape the ice off my cars. I'd be horrified to have one on my bag. My occasional forays into Galleries Club and First Lounge suggest that Silver travellers are proportionately much more likely to have them on hand baggage than Golds, and it's rare to see any tags at all in the Concorde Room.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Not sure why there's so much hatred on this thread.

BA provides luggage tags and I use them. So I can identify my black suitcase on the belt without having to tie brightly coloured ribbon (or something equally bad) to it.

It's nothing to do with snobbery.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:11 am

Agreed - they are luggage tags and help in differentiating your luggage from all the other similar luggage on the conveyor belt. They do break quite easily though.(both the plastic itself and the leather strap) I find it is best to attach them to the top of you luggage rather than the side as they seem to last longer.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
here's my case...........

Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Agreed - they are luggage tags and help in differentiating your luggage from all the other similar luggage on the conveyor belt. They do break quite easily though.(both the plastic itself and the leather strap) I find it is best to attach them to the top of you luggage rather than the side as they seem to last longer.
Hey!! Welcome!! Where have you been hiding?

Always nice to see new people participating in the Forum! Hope you stick around - although I suspect you may be a "long-time lurker", as they say.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by bafan
Not sure why there's so much hatred on this thread.

BA provides luggage tags and I use them. So I can identify my black suitcase on the belt without having to tie brightly coloured ribbon (or something equally bad) to it.

It's nothing to do with snobbery.
I did that once as a "newly minted" Bronze...

As did every other rust-card holder...

#nongoldproblems
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Hey!! Welcome!! Where have you been hiding?

Always nice to see new people participating in the Forum! Hope you stick around - although I suspect you may be a "long-time lurker", as they say.
Thank you - only found out about the site a couple of months ago - it came up in a search when I was looking about researching Gold Jokers and what they meant.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:13 am

I'm confused. If FF tags are "w***er tags", is the priority boarding queue the "t***er queue"?

I suspect that a lot of people waiting to board think so.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I don't use tags on checked-in luggage. The baggage system is highly likely to rip them off if sticking out even a couple of centimetres.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Originally Posted by didnotbat
I have pink aluminium tags engraved with FF numbers (no name or 'phone numbers) and secured by plastic lock tags for my checked baggage. Easy to spot my bog standard black luggage on the baggage carousel, very difficult to remove and, to date, I have yet to lose any.
I like this idea, and may just use it...need something to help identify my very generic black suitcases from the masses on the belt.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you - only found out about the site a couple of months ago - it came up in a search when I was looking about researching Gold Jokers and what they meant.
From your profile, you should become a 'serial advisor' on several subjects/programmes!

A proper Ambassador will be along to greet you eventually, but our main Ferrero Rocher Man (Corporate-Wage-Slave) is a bit busy right now
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome scillyisles

Originally Posted by T8191
A proper Ambassador will be along to greet you eventually, but our main Ferrero Rocher Man (Corporate-Wage-Slave) is a bit busy right now
Thank you for holding the fort Uncle T!

Welcome scillyisles to the British Airways Board on Flyertalk, it's great to see you here, and Uncle T is quite right that we like to see new participants here. So welcome and may we see plenty more of you here, tag or tagless! And a half hearted apology if any of this thread is a bit lewd, we are not always this badly behaved, even if our thoughts are not always a pure as the driven snow....
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

AF gave us some tags which I once attached to our checked luggage....that was the last I ever saw of them. Even the one I had on my cabin bag snapped in half after getting caught in the handle.

AF/KL tags have improved immensely over the years but I would never attach them to my checked in bags. We tie some Tartan/Argentine flag coloured ribbon on our cases to make them easier to spot and normal luggage labels for ID purposes.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HIDDY ... i find the BA paper ones on elastic string remarkably robust. I have some tie-ons that have done 10+ trips ... I know that, because I always apply a computer label with the Booking Reference and my name to the BA label.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.