Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Walsh said Dublin and Belfast flights are moving to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walsh said Dublin and Belfast flights are moving to T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC
I was aware of ROI being a different country to the U.K. .... it was more regarding CTA and how it has a hybrid status because of this. Thanks CWS. All clear now.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
Surely they can just land as a domestic flight flight and declare security that way?
Passengers arriving on domestic flights don't clear Security if connecting T5-T5. However, passengers arriving from Dublin and connecting do clear Security.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
Passengers arriving on domestic flights don't clear Security if connecting T5-T5. However, passengers arriving from Dublin and connecting do clear Security.
And customs!

A similar argument is going on over on another aviation website about why the Irish insist all CTA arrivals clear immigration (but don't necessarily need a passport as above).

All CTA movements are still subject to customs even if the authorities choose not to check if the passenger is subject to immigration control (most aren't). At present the blue (or red!) channel is used but if a no-deal Brexit occurs, it'll be the green or red channel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.