Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I have flown from LBA twice in the last couple of weeks and no priority boarding on either occasion from gate 3. Come to think of it when I have caught the LHR flight from gate 4/5 there was no priority boarding either.

Perhaps a LBA regular - maybe @KARFA ? - could provide another data point?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I have flown from LBA twice in the last couple of weeks and no priority boarding on either occasion from gate 3. Come to think of it when I have caught the LHR flight from gate 4/5 there was no priority boarding either.

Perhaps a LBA regular - maybe @KARFA ? - could provide another data point?
So as you say the BA flights are pretty much exclusively on one of the two airbridge stands (I assume this was part of the airport deal when the route started) and boarding is either through gates 3 or 4 which are either side of the lounge.

I must admit I have never seen the staff at lba do priority boarding - although I seem to remember it being reported occasionally on the board.

What I have seen done a few times is that the gate will be open and boarding called in the lounge first then after a few minutes it is called in the general departures area and put up on the boards.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Originally Posted by BobServant
I don't know what the official line is on this but in practice if you board together and present both passes to the same gate agent you'll be fine.
Great, thank you
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Data point: All-in-one priority boarding but rigorously enforced at TXL and non-eligible pax sent to the back despite the horribly claustrophobic gate layout of this legacy airport ^
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by morges1
If you are in CE and have printed your boarding pass via OLCI or have it on your mobile, you go straight to security in GVA whatever colour EC card you have. For GCH, it is only when you are in ET, you need to get a sticker from the check-in counter.
Sorry to quote an old post, but I learned this week that the staff member at the entrance to the check-in lines at GVA (the one dispensing the yellow "guaranteed in cabin" tags) has a supply of the stickers for fast-track security. So there's no need to actually queue for a check-in desk.

(As ever on FT, this was possibly already known to everyone but muggins here.)
Great_circle and 20Rothmans like this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
A but OT but is there a thread for tracking fast track immigration? Also, does DME offer fast track immigration for arrival?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Just showed my boarding pass to the electronic scanner at LGW fast track security and for through as a lowly bronze. Is this a computer error or am I allowed to use it?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pack
Just showed my boarding pass to the electronic scanner at LGW fast track security and for through as a lowly bronze. Is this a computer error or am I allowed to use it?
You are not entitled to use Premium Gatwick unless travelling Club World, Europe or First.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Pack
Flying CE, by any chance?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
The issue with BRU is that the airport charges 4 euros per pax for fast track security.
Hope BA would get generouos enough for Gold & Silver pax.
As the boarding process at BRU is not bad but not the most fluid either.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by T8191
Flying CE, by any chance?
Nope. Must be my lucky day.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Boarding at ZRH is getting ridiculous. Before the incoming flight has even landed there a huge priority queue snaking right across the departure lounge.

CE, G, S, B, E, S and R are all called forward together.

Last week the agent told me that as many as 75% of passengers on the late evening flight are eligible for local priority boarding.

About two weeks ago a very DYKWIA woman pushed to the front of the line and announced “I have a silver card. All these people can’t have silver cards. I am boarding now.” And on she went.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Boarding at ZRH is getting ridiculous. Before the incoming flight has even landed there a huge priority queue snaking right across the departure lounge.

CE, G, S, B, E, S and R are all called forward together.

Last week the agent told me that as many as 75% of passengers on the late evening flight are eligible for local priority boarding.

About two weeks ago a very DYKWIA woman pushed to the front of the line and announced “I have a silver card. All these people can’t have silver cards. I am boarding now.” And on she went.
This is very typical for ZRH. It appears that the vast majority of each flight has a very large load of status customers, which is linked to the industry sectors present in our city.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by rossmacd
This is very typical for ZRH. It appears that the vast majority of each flight has a very large load of status customers, which is linked to the industry sectors present in our city.
Of course. Nobody is doubting that.

My point was that the BA out station staff should be managing it better than they are. Given the high load of Bronze and Silver card holders, why is boarding not conducted in a more sensible manner with CE called first, then G and E, then S and S, then B and R. Apart from restoring some value to the tiers it would also discourage the hugely disruptive early queuing which causes chaos in the departure lounge, as people trying to disembark in incoming LHR flight and people trying get to other flights are blocked.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Of course. Nobody is doubting that.

My point was that the BA out station staff should be managing it better than they are. Given the high load of Bronze and Silver card holders, why is boarding not conducted in a more sensible manner with CE called first, then G and E, then S and S, then B and R. Apart from restoring some value to the tiers it would also discourage the hugely disruptive early queuing which causes chaos in the departure lounge, as people trying to disembark in incoming LHR flight and people trying get to other flights are blocked.
I cannot agree more ^

It is especially annoying that the BA queues in the D pier can block the main concourse areas when passengers are trying to get to other gates, and have to dance around/in between the BA lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.