Search

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Thanks.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a quick (maybe also silly) question.

I will be arriving into T5 in J on an overnight flight from Brazil around 07:20 and I will have three hours before an onward flight to Oslo. Will any bags I checked in at the airport in Brazil need to be collected when I go landside at T5 or will I be able to go through passport control etc and into the arrivals lounge and back through security without having to worry about checked baggage? I am assuming my bags will be checked in all the way to Oslo so won't appear on the baggage carousel at T5 but just wanted to double check!

Thanks
Old May 10, 2016, 5:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Your bags should be checked through so you won't have to see them at T5.

If you have right of entry to the UK there is no reason you can't go landisde and to the arrivals lounge between flights. Obviously make sure you make your way back through security well before 35 minutes before your flight to OSL.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by SophLVA
I will be arriving into T5 in J on an overnight flight from Brazil around 07:20 and I will have three hours before an onward flight to Oslo. Will any bags I checked in at the airport in Brazil need to be collected when I go landside at T5 or will I be able to go through passport control etc and into the arrivals lounge and back through security without having to worry about checked baggage? I am assuming my bags will be checked in all the way to Oslo so won't appear on the baggage carousel at T5 but just wanted to double check
Bags will be transferred to the Oslo flight.

There is no need to formally enter the UK - you can getremain in transit and will only need to go through a additional security check. Once inside the departures area, you will proceed to the Galleries lounge complex, which offers showers and food/drink etc.

The Arrivals lounge is landside and is mostly used by those whose journey is completed.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I will be arriving into T5 in J on an overnight flight from Brazil around 07:20 and I will have three hours before an onward flight to Oslo. Will any bags I checked in at the airport in Brazil need to be collected when I go landside at T5 or will I be able to go through passport control etc and into the arrivals lounge and back through security without having to worry about checked baggage? I am assuming my bags will be checked in all the way to Oslo so won't appear on the baggage carousel at T5 but just wanted to double check!

Thanks
As mentioned above, you can do this and your bags will be checked through, but the question is why would you spend the time doing so?

You'll also have access to the BA lounges at your departing terminal (not sure if it is T3 or T5). These lounges also have showers, and breakfast offerings, and this way you don't need to spend the time with immigration and likely longer security lines coming in from landside vs. going through connections.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:19 am

Brazil flight come in to T5 and OSL flights depart T5. No T3 involved in this one.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Your bags should be checked through so you won't have to see them at T5.

If you have right of entry to the UK there is no reason you can't go landisde and to the arrivals lounge between flights. Obviously make sure you make your way back through security well before 35 minutes before your flight to OSL.
Thanks for your help!

The main reason for wanting to go to the arrivals lounge is to check out the illusive bath cabanas, I am just very curious about them haha.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:14 am

Thanks for your help!

The main reason for wanting to go to the arrivals lounge is to check out the illusive bath cabanas, I am just very curious about them haha.
Indeed, good idea. No baths in the airside lounges. I haven't tried the baths in the arrivals lounge so can't provide any comments, but others seem to like them.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:22 am

If you've only 3 hours between flights, you'll struggle to get the bath filled in time.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Thanks for your help!

Also, as you are silver travelling J I think that you get a much better breakfast offering in the arrivals lounge (more the standard of GF) than you would in GC, so that is another reason to go. Plus (I am told) it is significantly easier to get appointments at the arrivals spa than in the airside Elemis area. ^
Old May 11, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Also, as you are silver travelling J I think that you get a much better breakfast offering in the arrivals lounge (more the standard of GF) than you would in GC, so that is another reason to go. Plus (I am told) it is significantly easier to get appointments at the arrivals spa than in the airside Elemis area. ^
Yes so I've heard about the breakfast! GC food is fine and edible but it is nice to try something new - normally any LH J flights I take get into London after the lounge is closed.

Originally Posted by 710 77345
If you've only 3 hours between flights, you'll struggle to get the bath filled in time.
I know I know, it will have to be a speedy bath! But more relaxing than a shower for me I think.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Indeed, good idea. No baths in the airside lounges. I haven't tried the baths in the arrivals lounge so can't provide any comments, but others seem to like them.
Yes it will be interesting to see, I have only seen photos. I do think it is a really nice idea though.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:59 pm

I know I know, it will have to be a speedy bath! But more relaxing than a shower for me I think.
It was one of my normal tongue-in-cheek comments that was more about the terrible water pressure, rather than your connection time! You should be fine, but get the bath on as soon as you get to the lounge, then wander off for a leisurely breakfast before coming back for your bath. It's designed to be left on once you're in, with water flowing over the side.
Old May 11, 2016, 5:12 pm
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)

Thanks
If you don't have a specific reason to be landside, I wouldn't personally bother. Just use either the North or South Lounge airside.
Old May 11, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Losing status by the day
Yes it will be interesting to see, I have only seen photos. I do think it is a really nice idea though.
The baths are great, but note that they may not let you have one if you're not inbound in F. I'm not sure if it's formally a First-only product, but they certainly protect them for F passengers so you'll probably only get one if the lounge is quiet.

I did once get one when inbound in W, after much sucking of teeth, but that was pretty late in the morning when the lounge was pretty deserted.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Question about luggage in cloakroom atea

Hi all,
All the info here has been exceptionally useful esp the pics by c-w-s. Thanks
I have a question about how we leave our baggage securely. I will be travelling with 3 suitcases so wanted to know where I could leave them in the arrivals lounge and is it secure? Like is the baggage locked away or is the cloakroom area manned by an attendant?
Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.