Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Poxball
The eggs are made to order. The waffles my kids had are as well I think but I've had coldish bacon and sausage that certainly had the feeling of coming from the buffet. They may have been plated in kitchen from a yet to be put out batch but they are from the same gene pool.

Unless I have a particular yearning for freshly cooked eggs, I have largely given up going in. I do take the invitation card and "discard" it to someone if newly arrived in proximity (the "Brad complex" I call it).
The other items can be coldish in the main CCR dining area when you have breakfast there. Everything was very hot when I had breakfast in CCR arrival on Sunday. I think what they do for the cooked to order items is supply them from the same kitchen as the main CCR dining room and Flounge. These are linked (by lift) to the Arrivals level and food is conveyed from there to guests in the dining room since the Arrivals lounge is directly above the main South Lounge Complex.

Things can get cold (as they do in the CCR) if they are waiting just under heat lamps for too long at the pass. Let's be honest though in the CCR and Flounge departures most of the food served to order is coming from a buffet in the kitchen rather than out in the open (even 5 Star Hotels in London typically run this model rather than cooking all breakfast elements to order for each diner). So it may seem similar even if it isn't.

On the Arrivals buffet they only have those liquid scrambled eggs IIRC and I hate those. They were however available on the "no fresh eggs in arrivals" day along with boiled eggs.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
I didn't let the water run over though; I might have flown halfway round the world, but wasting water like that was too much for me!
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Don't worry - it gets reused in the CW/Silver showers
Actually it does get reused. T5 is water neutral.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What is it reused for? I thought the soup recently had a funny taste
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Any Champagne at the BA T5 Arrivals Lounge?

Just curious if they offer any Champagne at the BA Arrivals Lounge? Might swing by on Valentines Day, and would be a nice touch for my wife..
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:11 pm

In the CCR arrivals room today, the staff definitely collected pastries from the CW section (he went out and in the main door) as well as coffees.

What an overrated room; the eggs Benedict had a mayo-taste and were inedible, service slow and lacked ventilation. Usually I don't bother with arrivals lounges unless early and I need a shower but did so today despite just going home. Wished I'd just gone home as per usual
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just curious if they offer any Champagne at the BA Arrivals Lounge? Might swing by on Valentines Day, and would be a nice touch for my wife..
Hi,

Sorry but I do not think they serve any alcohol at the BA Arrivals lounge.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:57 pm

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

No alcohol served landslide. Licensing laws apply landslide, but airside exempt.

And as for Arrivals lounge being directly above or even below the south complex of lounges, I believe all it takes to prove this wrong is to stand outside the arrivals lounge on the bridge and look up and down.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:55 pm

Why do the toilets spring to my mind?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cccharlie
No alcohol served landslide. Licensing laws apply landslide, but airside exempt.

And as for Arrivals lounge being directly above or even below the south complex of lounges, I believe all it takes to prove this wrong is to stand outside the arrivals lounge on the bridge and look up and down.
It is below not above but there is a long corridor which seems to run behind the main arrivals lounge accessed from the CCR dining area and main lounge. I may be getting confused with the old T4 Arrivals lounge which stacked under the Gate 1 lounge pavilion, but I would be a bit surprised if BA had more than 1 kitchen in T5.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:09 am

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Believe there are four kitchens in T5, five if you count T5B
Arrivals
North Galleries
South Galleries
Shared CCR and First
T5B

Anyone know better (different)?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I can't imagine Galleries Arrivals sharing a kitchen with any of the airside lounges as surely security wouldn't permit stuff going back and forth willy-nilly between airside and landside.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Cccharlie
Or on a more down to earth note, airside passengers have to leave to get their flight and landside (not landslide!) passengers are in no hurry anywhere
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I may be getting confused with the old T4 Arrivals lounge which stacked under the Gate 1 lounge pavilion, but I would be a bit surprised if BA had more than 1 kitchen in T5.
The Gate 1 Lounge was in a self contained building, almost (but not quite) adjacent to the main terminal extension which accommodated the Arrivals Lounge.

The Galleries Arrivals lounge in T5 has its own kitchen.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Good to know, thanks corporate-wage-slave -- next time I'll splash around without worrying!

For those interested, a quick Google found this:
Originally Posted by http://www.ice.org.uk/topics/environment/Case-Studies/Water-supply---Terminal-5-Heathrow
Installing separate potable and non-potable water supply systems at Heathrow Terminal 5 has achieved a 70% reduction in potable water consumption...
Potable water is now used for activities such as catering and showers with non-potable water being used for toilet flushing, vehicle washing and fire-fighting on aircraft stands.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
I can't imagine Galleries Arrivals sharing a kitchen with any of the airside lounges as surely security wouldn't permit stuff going back and forth willy-nilly between airside and landside.
This is a very good point, I am not sure now why I thought this was the case. I would imagine some kitchen implements might be of real interest to security. I had assumed that all were security cleared for airside but forgotten the checks needed moving from land to airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.