Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by stewaran
With the bath, I found it a useful to set it running, then pop round and get a coffee whilst waiting for it to fill
Odd. Every time I've used the baths, the staff tell me they will fill it for me and come and find me in the lounge when the bath is ready. Last time was two years ago. Perhaps they don't do that anymore?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
In the CCR arrivals room today, the staff definitely collected pastries from the CW section (he went out and in the main door) as well as coffees.

What an overrated room; the eggs Benedict had a mayo-taste and were inedible, service slow and lacked ventilation. Usually I don't bother with arrivals lounges unless early and I need a shower but did so today despite just going home. Wished I'd just gone home as per usual
Yes, certainly the coffee comes from the machine outside, so I assume pastries must do too.

You must have had a bad day at the lounge, because I always thoroughly enjoy the eggs benedict when I bother with the CBR.

Unfortunately I don't have an appetite for anything to eat when I'm jetlagged and/or hungover, so I rarely visit. If for some reason I'm not jetlagged or hungover (I'm sure it must have happened at some point in my life), then I make a point of going. Especially since my connecting flight home moved to T1, it's the only way I can get eggs Benedict any more on my way back to Europe.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Odd. Every time I've used the baths, the staff tell me they will fill it for me and come and find me in the lounge when the bath is ready. Last time was two years ago. Perhaps they don't do that anymore?
This was the same for me, and I believe it may be why the staff don't promote them. Perhaps they view it as a hassle to monitor the tub and then come to find you. Plus as already mentioned, they probably take longer to clean.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I haven't ever had them offer to fill the bath for me but am happy to occupy myself with shaving, cleaning teeth etc. whilst it rubs.

The cabana staff at T5 arrivals are quite a surly bunch.

The eggs Benedict always taste quite like mayo since the switch to BS. They use poor quality pre made hollandaise from massive plastic buckets.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Don't worry - it gets reused in the CW/Silver showers
Quality!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
On my forthcoming trip I'll be arraving at T5 around 5am and will be leaving through T3 at around 10am. Since the arrivals lounge is landside is it possible for me to visit there (traveling in CW)?

Since there will be 5 hours to kill I need as many stops for lounge hopping as possible
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Hartsa
On my forthcoming trip I'll be arraving at T5 around 5am and will be leaving through T3 at around 10am. Since the arrivals lounge is landside is it possible for me to visit there (traveling in CW)?

Since there will be 5 hours to kill I need as many stops for lounge hopping as possible
If you're arriving in CW you will have access to the Arrivals lounge, but you will need to get landside to use it and enter the UK. It's a pleasant enough place to get a shower and have something to eat, but you won't want to spend too long there as it's not really geared up for long stays.

So, visit the Arrivals lounge, get a shower and some food, and then head to T3 using the free HEX shuttle. There are decent lounges in T3, too.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Thank you paul4040 for your answer. Arriving in CW and possessing a European passport so there should be no problems in entering either UK or the lounge.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Can I please check something - that Oneworld First passengers are not allowed to access the arrivals lounge. I am arriving on QF F, and have to wait for a friend on a BA flight, so using it would be a great option .

PS I know there is an AA arrivals lounge in T3 which I can access, but its not that great imho
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Can I please check something - that Oneworld First passengers are not allowed to access the arrivals lounge. I am arriving on QF F, and have to wait for a friend on a BA flight, so using it would be a great option .
Unfortunately not. You need to be flying BA, or a BA codeshare, in order to enter the BA arrivals lounge.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JP1981
Unfortunately not. You need to be flying BA, or a BA codeshare, in order to enter the BA arrivals lounge.
I think BA or a JBA flight (i.e. AA/US). Not sure BA codeshare is quite right - I don't think you need to be booked on the AA/US flights under a BA codeshare to use the arrivals lounge.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think BA or a JBA flight (i.e. AA/US). Not sure BA codeshare is quite right - I don't think you need to be booked on the AA/US flights under a BA codeshare to use the arrivals lounge.
On my way out to PHL last year I enquired about using the T5 arrivals lounge when arriving from PHL on a US flight with a BA flight number (I have never used the T5 arrivals lounge so fancied giving it a go). This was after the AA/US merger. I was told that I was not eligible so I used the AA arrivals lounge in T3 instead.

Given the propensity of those on lounge doors to deny eligible people entry I am not sure whether they were right or wrong, but I wasn't overly bothered by the response so didn't question it at all.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am just wondering where the Arrivals Lounge is located in T5? Is it before or after luggage collection and immigration?
Old May 18, 2015, 8:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
After immigration, baggage collection, and customs. Once you exit landside go up to floor 2 in the elevator. The arrivals lounge is landside.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:50 am

After. You go through customs, come out - head slightly left (assuming an international arrival) and up in the lifts to the first floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.