Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Originally Posted by 12d121
    BA guarantee 6 reward seats per business class flight per the new policy (used to be 2). Given some long haul business flights have over 70 business seats, guaranteeing 6 is still a small proportion.

The greater availability is the increase in the minimum number per flight from 2 to 6.

I imagine there are the same number of people going for the reward tickets so on popular routes (which I imagine Vegas is), the seats will still go quickly.
    You're not up to date. The increase was actually to 4 from 2, not 6 - I wish. Additionally there was availability offered at 355 days in WTP. But this extra availability is for the old style vouchers (issued before September) AND the new ones. The new ones specifically mentioned that the cheaper (I class) revenue buckets would become available, in some cases, for rewards.
    Old May 31, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Originally Posted by Globaliser
    There are plenty of reports from people who have found some additional availability that they cannot see if they use an old-style voucher.

I suspect that the main learning from what you have seen is that, although there are more award seats available to those with new-style vouchers, even cash inventory of I9 does not guarantee that there will be award seats in Club.
    Understood. I was hoping there would be an easy to understand threshold at when the extra might be made available. It's a shame that Reward seat finder or Seat Spy can't show this additional availability.
    Old May 31, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Bronze
    Originally Posted by kingcole974
    You're not up to date. The increase was actually to 4 from 2, not 6 - I wish. Additionally there was availability offered at 355 days in WTP. But this extra availability is for the old style vouchers (issued before September) AND the new ones. The new ones specifically mentioned that the cheaper (I class) revenue buckets would become available, in some cases, for rewards.
    Thanks for flagging, not sure where I got 6 from. As it is only 4 in business (not 6), then shows that it will still be very hard to get the reward seats on very popular routes!
    Old May 31, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
    Originally Posted by 12d121
    BA guarantee 6 reward seats per business class flight per the new policy (used to be 2). Given some long haul business flights have over 70 business seats, guaranteeing 6 is still a small proportion.

The greater availability is the increase in the minimum number per flight from 2 to 6.

I imagine there are the same number of people going for the reward tickets so on popular routes (which I imagine Vegas is), the seats will still go quickly.
    Edit: sorry, hadn't refreshed the page and this point has already been made up thread.
    The guaranteed seat release is separate to the new style 241 voucher, and is only 4 seats in business per flight as a minimum.
    Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
    Interesting development, as per HfP, the BA Amex 2-4-1 vouchers can now be used for a 50% reduction Avios required for a redemption.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...olo-traveller/
    Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:32 am
    Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by alex67500
    Interesting development, as per HfP, the BA Amex 2-4-1 vouchers can now be used for a 50% reduction Avios required for a redemption.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...olo-traveller/
    Too slow

Big changes (already live) to the BA Amex 2-4-1 voucher
    alex67500 likes this.
    Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:40 am

Can anone advise the difference between this 2 companion vouchers as they both came from exceeding the spend limit in 1 year to access the voucher.

Also why has 1 a longer time limit than the other one.
    Attached Files
    File Type: pptx
    Amex.pptx (56.2 KB, 10 views)
    Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:50 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
    Also why has 1 a longer time limit than the other one.
    Possibly because it was issued or valid during the period when there were Covid-related validity extensions.
    SheepyAFC likes this.
    Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:52 am
    Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
    presumably the one issued in September 2021 has been extended by 6 months? Hence the expiry date now showing of 1 March 2023.
    SheepyAFC likes this.
    Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
    I'm sure BA can find an old plane to rip apart, how about a metal Amex card made up of 25% plane?

American Express® and Delta Air Lines® Debut First-Ever Limited-Edition Boeing 747 Credit Card Design
    Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
    Just renewed my Road Tax and was able to use my Amex, don’t remember being able to do that in the past. A handy unexpected 750+ Avios .
    Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
    Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
    Just renewed my Road Tax and was able to use my Amex, don’t remember being able to do that in the past. A handy unexpected 750+ Avios .
    it varies, sometimes there was a £2.50 charge to use amex then they just took mastercard but for 900 avios 🙄 it was worth it...
    Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:29 am

2000 Avios for £200 spend (Premium Plus card)

I had this offer on my BA Premium Plus card this morning - 2000 Avios for spending £200 with BA by 2nd September, for the first 40,000 cardmembers to save the offer. Note the restriction that it is "valid for flights departing from the UK" - I don't recall seeing this on similar offers before (but could be wrong).

With other retailers such as supermarkets, I'd assume they couldn't track what was spent, but I recall seeing details of flights on the AMEX statements. Here is an example from my online statement of a recent purchase I made departing from Switzerland (identifying info redacted):

BRITISH AIRWAYS CH DIRECT ECOMM SUBMISSIONS CHF SWITZERLAND 0000 CHAdditional Information

ROUTING: FROM: BASEL/MULHOUSE

TO: LONDON HEATHROW APCARRIER: BA CLASS: V

TICKET NUMBER: 1250000000000 PASSENGER NAME: MR S QUAWK
    I therefore would assume that this would indeed not credit if used for anything except a flight departing from the UK.
    BESTEDIFLYER likes this.
    Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:38 am
    Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
    Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
    I only got 1000 AVIOS for a £200 spend

aks120
    adrianlondon likes this.
    Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
    Originally Posted by squawk
    I had this offer on my BA Premium Plus card this morning - 2000 Avios for spending £200 with BA by 2nd September, for the first 40,000 cardmembers to save the offer. Note the restriction that it is "valid for flights departing from the UK" - I don't recall seeing this on similar offers before (but could be wrong).
    Thanks for this, I bagged it. I guess they're trying to entice some forward bookings since they can't get revenue for last-minute tickets for the next 2 weeks...
    squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.