Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Same problem here! glad i'm not the only one.
    Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
    Hi , quick question , i have the BA Amed premium card - nice sign up bonus and referral bonus on offer at the moment , the question is can i refer my wife at the same address to take advantage of these bonus avios ??
    Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by Iain1872
    Hi , quick question , i have the BA Amed premium card - nice sign up bonus and referral bonus on offer at the moment , the question is can i refer my wife at the same address to take advantage of these bonus avios ??
    yes. Been there done that.
    Iain1872 likes this.
    Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Same for me, Avios usually transfer over on 2nd or 3rd of the month, not reached my BAEC account yet.
    Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
    same problem here too. glad to see it's not just me. BAPP for reference.
    Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
    Just to close out this topic - Amex Avios posted to my BAEC account this morning, so hopefully everybody else sees their Avios posting too in the next day or so.

Pilot37
    Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
    Same here, mine have posted now too.
    Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:42 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    OT slightly:

Are you all getting some meaningful offers on Amex lately, BA or otherwise? Seems a bit thin for this time of year...
    Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:28 am

Refer me?

I can't see any referal threads where someone can refer me. Looking to sign up to the premium card. How long does it take to get the card after applying?
    robiles likes this.
    Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
    Originally Posted by magicmat
    I can't see any referal threads where someone can refer me. Looking to sign up to the premium card. How long does it take to get the card after applying?
    I can refer you I’m you PM me your email address. Should take a few days less than a week I think.
    Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
    I called BAPP today as I’ve been getting spurious (and welcome) spend bonuses if 5,000 avios. Not sure why and wanted to find out. No one seemed to know why- other than to encourage additional spend. Has anyone else had these- and understand why? It would be great so I could be perhaps more targeted in my use of the card.

I also mentioned that I was thinking of cancelling my card and they offered an extra avios per £ spent for 3 months as a retention incentive. So assume that I’ll get 2.5 avios/£ non-BA and 4 avios/£ BA spend.
    Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:50 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by OnslowSW7
    I called BAPP today as I’ve been getting spurious (and welcome) spend bonuses if 5,000 avios. Not sure why and wanted to find out. No one seemed to know why- other than to encourage additional spend. Has anyone else had these- and understand why? It would be great so I could be perhaps more targeted in my use of the card.
    I got an unexpected 5,000 a couple of weeks back (which I only noticed a day or two ago). It turns out that it was for spending £10,000 between 1 September and 30 November, or something like that. I haven't yet asked Amex to recommend a good insolvency practitioner, but maybe I should.
    Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
    Okay so a bit of a 1am rant , my first real one tbh....

In regards to my previous post #1565on this thread were i picked up that mine and Mrs Flame3601's Amex's accounts weren't transferring Avios due to having both our FFN striped from our Amex accounts , no clue why thou ? I then submitted a relinking request for both are accounts respectively , Mrs Flame3601's one was sorted in about 8-ish days, however my account FFN issue is still unresolved. Firstly when i checked up on progress , i was shocked to hear my FFN i requested to be added to my account was completely different to the one i requested. Somehow Amex had some how pulled Mrs Flames3601's BAEC FFN number and added it into my account to be approved , even thou this was a separate request and my wife's FFN or similar issue wasn't even mentioned as i was doing the live chat feature and the agent could only deal with me, i know for sure i gave my FFN and not my wife's. So how they got my wife's FFN , only god knows , but actually quite a serious data breach to be honest ! Then now checked again on progress , to be told my FFN had been rejected ? Rejected , excuse me ? Amex live chat agent told me something did not match and BAEC returned it back rejected , even thou i confirmed that my BAEC name and address was the exact same registered with Amex , even thou my wife shares a household account with me and thus has the exact address along with the same residential address with me that is both associated to our Amex card accounts. Anyway sent off a another relinking request and just removed my middle name from my BAEC account , i think this maybe the rejection factor even thou Amex have me as John Doe Anonymous , but have changed my BAEC account to John Anonymous now. My wife has no middle name in her BAEC account yet got approved , but has her middle name in her Amex account , so hopefully by the grace of god or the BAEC god's this is the issue - even thou such a ridiculous reason to reject the account link.

Anyone else been in a similar issue , this has really annoyed me and for the love of god i truly hope it does not come back rejected as i may actually fall over and die as then i am truly stuck. Additional this is holding up a companion voucher and a shed ton of avios i really need right now !

Rant over and time for bed :/
    Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
    Can anyone confirm definitively whether on the current Harvey Nicholls £30 off £100, offer buying a gift card triggers the spend (if ordered online / bought in-store) ? T&Cs say no, but I have seen a report that they do. Has anyone tried it ?
    Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
    Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
    Can anyone confirm definitively whether on the current Harvey Nicholls £30 off £100, offer buying a gift card triggers the spend (if ordered online / bought in-store) ? T&Cs say no, but I have seen a report that they do. Has anyone tried it ?
    Cannot answer directly, but they always do generate the rebate. There is no way for AMEX to know the underlying purchase. I have bought many gift cards this way and they always trigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.