Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by AviationMoose
    Mine is about the same, I just mean it's not universal. Can't buy a TV licence with it, for example; something you really should be able to buy with any card.
    Yes, this is the kind of thing that I was meaning. I think the same applies for things like council tax, a lot of energy companies (if you want to build up credit) etc. The kind of thing where you might well be putting through a large sum. It’s justified by the higher load imposed on the retailer. But these aren’t “product” exclusions, as you say.
    Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:07 am
    formerly JackDann

I know the new voucher shows availability in I class - But what are the other factors that show availability?

I'm looking at Singapore in January and there is some availability from BHD/INV but none from LHR/DUB. With prices still high and it getting closer to January and now CS on that route I could really do with using the companion voucher if possible so any tips are appreciated.
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:49 am
    formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by JD1905
    I know the new voucher shows availability in I class - But what are the other factors that show availability?

I'm looking at Singapore in January and there is some availability from BHD/INV but none from LHR/DUB. With prices still high and it getting closer to January and now CS on that route I could really do with using the companion voucher if possible so any tips are appreciated.

Still religiously checking this and it seems as though nothing new appears, so if it's worth me changing my search criteria to find something then let me know.

Oh and one last thing - It says I can see extra reward Availability as a gold member, what does this actually mean?

I also know that this is a very difficult question to ask, but are I class fares likely to appear at any given time before now and January and also, is ExpertFlyer the right tool to set-up an alert for this sort of thing?

Example:

BA15
    12/1/23 : F0 A0 J9 C2 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
    17/1/23 is : F0 A0 J9 C9 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

On the 17/1 It shows 4 Reward seats available, however there are none available on the 12th. My assumption is that maybe these are 'C' seats and there has to be a certain number available for them to be able to be redeemed using a companion voucher?

Or maybe this has something to do with it being Ex-BHD?

Last edited by JD1905; Aug 24, 2022 at 10:10 am
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
    I'm afraid I can't help, but what's the price difference between Belfast and Dublin, and Belfast and Inverness?
    And as it's a new voucher, what's availability like from the Continent?
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:16 am
    formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
    I'm afraid I can't help, but what's the price difference between Belfast and Dublin, and Belfast and Inverness?
    And as it's a new voucher, what's availability like from the Continent?
    When there was availability Ex-DUB it was cheaper, but there is now no availability. Ex-INV not checked price but availability appears to be the same as BHD.
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:48 pm
    formerly JackDann

Having Cross-Referenced the BA Availability with ExpertFlyer it looks like there might be something in the 'C' Fare Class - On the days where C=9 then usually (Not always though, there is availability on BA).

From Dublin there is nothing anytime really.

Last edited by JD1905; Aug 24, 2022 at 1:54 pm
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:18 pm

From Dublin there is nothing anytime really.
    Is that because of the Point of Sale, or the availability on the DUB-LHR segment?
    What's the availability on DUB-LHR the day before, but within 24 hours?
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:25 pm
    formerly JackDann

Is that because of the Point of Sale, or the availability on the DUB-LHR segment?
    What's the availability on DUB-LHR the day before, but within 24 hours?
    No availability from DUB between at least now and March - Same goes for Ex-LHR. BHD and INV however do show availability on some days where the LHR-SIN segment shows as C9.

Would love to know the algorithm for these Premium Plus rewards however I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody has quite got to the bottom of it yet!
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:44 pm

No availability from DUB between at least now and March - Same goes for Ex-LHR. BHD and INV however do show availability on some days where the LHR-SIN segment shows as C9.
    Both the 12th and 17th have plenty of availability in Y and J between DUB and LHR without using vouchers. I don't see the availability you're seeing as Gold, as I'm plastic, so maybe it's lost in translation?
    Have you tried phoning?
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:49 pm
    formerly JackDann

Both the 12th and 17th have plenty of availability in Y and J between DUB and LHR without using vouchers. I don't see the availability you're seeing as Gold, as I'm plastic, so maybe it's lost in translation?
    Have you tried phoning?
    I’m confused now - There is no Avios availability from DUB or LHR to SIN for many months.
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:19 pm

I’m confused now - There is no Avios availability from DUB or LHR to SIN for many months.
    I meant just the DUB-LHR leg, not the whole route.
    Checking only the outbound as a one way on the 17th, I can see the availability for 2 on the INV-LHR-SIN, ABZ-LHR-SIN, GLA-LHR-SIN, NCL-LHR-SIN, BHD-LHR-SIN, but nothing from LHR-SIN, AMS-LHR-SIN,
    If you're keen on going, why not book what's available and convenient?
    Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:31 pm
    formerly JackDann

I meant just the DUB-LHR leg, not the whole route.
    Checking only the outbound as a one way on the 17th, I can see the availability for 2 on the INV-LHR-SIN, ABZ-LHR-SIN, GLA-LHR-SIN, NCL-LHR-SIN, BHD-LHR-SIN, but nothing from LHR-SIN, AMS-LHR-SIN,
    If you're keen on going, why not book what's available and convenient?
    Indeed - Thats why i’m just trying to work out how the PP Voucher works so that I can set up the right alerts and make sure i’m looking at the right things.

Unfortunately i’m restricted on dates - Family members are already booked up and our dates need to match. Using the voucher would have been a bonus and saved me a fair few quid however I know when you’re not flexible on dates then you’d have to get lucky!
    Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:34 am
    formerly JackDann

Anyone had recent experience of trying to Downgrade the PP Card to regular? I called earlier this month and was told they couldn't process the downgrade as 'Systems weren't working' and was promised a call back.

No Call back, and now the £250 membership fee has been added. When I called today I was told the only option I had was to cancel and re-apply.
    Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
    Anyone had recent experience of trying to Downgrade the PP Card to regular? I called earlier this month and was told they couldn't process the downgrade as 'Systems weren't working' and was promised a call back.

No Call back, and now the £250 membership fee has been added. When I called today I was told the only option I had was to cancel and re-apply.
    yes, no problems, tho was about 6 weeks ago.
    Having earned a 241 the operator wanted to be sure I held "an" Amex card - and though I'm now just a 2nd name on a PRG was OK (though in the end kept the free card as he offered 1k avios on 1k spend in 3months (but app is showing just spend £1.2k for next 241 (when had only spent circa £11k on the BAPP))
    JD1905 likes this.
    Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:47 am
    formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Delboy65
    yes, no problems, tho was about 6 weeks ago.
    Having earned a 241 the operator wanted to be sure I held "an" Amex card - and though I'm now just a 2nd name on a PRG was OK (though in the end kept the free card as he offered 1k avios on 1k spend in 3months (but app is showing just spend £1.2k for next 241 (when had only spent circa £11k on the BAPP))
    Thanks for this - Out of interest did you speak to someone in the UK or US?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.