Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Originally Posted by TWCLAM
    It's there. Login to your account then scroll down and you will find it amongst the list. The link doesn't take you directly to the offer you have to scroll down to find it
    I have one offer in the Available Offers on my BA Amex, and it's not that - there's nothing to scroll down through. I managed to get the chat function working and was told:

I would like to inform that there is a known issue specifically with this offer and we would request all card members to try this after few hours. We are also raising this from our end to make sure everything works without any interruption as soon as it can be.

Because of recent launch, you might face this issue. Rest assure, you will see it available very soon. Please try checking it after some time.
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:27 am

As per Raffles’ post about the 500 Avios for £5 spend recently, the app only shows a subset of the offers available online if you log in via the web.

It’s very irritating as I tend to rely on the app, and a lot of the times the offers are identical. But sometimes there are extra ones on the website...
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:53 am

Not seeing that one on my card. Shame.
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:01 am
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
    Originally Posted by squawk
    As per Raffles’ post about the 500 Avios for £5 spend recently, the app only shows a subset of the offers available online if you log in via the web.

It’s very irritating as I tend to rely on the app, and a lot of the times the offers are identical. But sometimes there are extra ones on the website...
    No, as per the messages above - this is a known error.
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
    No, as per the messages above - this is a known error.
    Sorry, GentleGiant, I wasn't meaning in reference to the specific issue people were talking about up-thread. I was able to save this offer when it appeared last week, but it only showed up on my web account and not the app (which is something Raffles flagged up in his post about it). I wouldn't have thought to look on the website, if his post hadn't reminded me that sometimes the app doesn't show everything.
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
    Still not showing online or in my app, I wouldn't be bothered, as I get very few offers on my BA Amex, if they hadn't emailed suggesting I sign up
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:37 pm

Is a bit strange to send the email before checking it was setup.
    Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
    Hopefully they will extend or expand it then for those affected. For those asking about primary only I loaded it onto both the standard and prem cards and onto the two secondary ch's cards and they all registered to the card & we all made sure all 6 cards had a fiver spent on them this evening. Hasn't had time to push through to show if worked or not but I go on the assumption that if it lets you save it to card it normally works.
    argonath likes this.
    Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
    Hopefully they will extend or expand it then for those affected. For those asking about primary only I loaded it onto both the standard and prem cards and onto the two secondary ch's cards and they all registered to the card & we all made sure all 6 cards had a fiver spent on them this evening. Hasn't had time to push through to show if worked or not but I go on the assumption that if it lets you save it to card it normally works.
    I loaded the 500 avios offer nearly two weeks ago and made numerous qualifying spends but no email confirmations or any sign of the successful use of the offer, is this also know to Amex?
    Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:03 am

Annoyingly the offer still hasn't shown for me. I assume it's probably all been used up now.
    Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
    Originally Posted by Tilly71
    I loaded the 500 avios offer nearly two weeks ago and made numerous qualifying spends but no email confirmations or any sign of the successful use of the offer, is this also know to Amex?
    sane here.
    alex67500 likes this.
    Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:22 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by RG1X
    Annoyingly the offer still hasn't shown for me. I assume it's probably all been used up now.
    Don't feel bad. I am hardly ever shown any offers by Amex for my Premium Plus.
    Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:10 am

Yeah, I just think it was a bit weak sending the email but having screwed it up.

BA IT at work I guess.
    Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
    It took 1 week from loading the offer to card to showing the 500 points on my statement (i made a purchase the next day to qualify) . Odd yours is not showing yet.
    Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:08 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Originally Posted by Globaliser
    Don't feel bad. I am hardly ever shown any offers by Amex for my Premium Plus.
    I hope this is not some weird new pattern that we are seeing in 2018.

I've previously moaned about the lack of offers on a Gold card, which I have recently cancelled. It's almost time to apply for the BAPP for me again and would be apprehensive about doing it if the offers are lacking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.