Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bizarre and painful new passport restrictions in T5 for hand-baggage travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bizarre and painful new passport restrictions in T5 for hand-baggage travellers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Lots of people who should have documents with a visa travel over the border. They used to have Garda immigration in a red van along the motorway in the border area and stop buses/coaches etc... Also at the first train stop in the Republic of Ireland from Northern Ireland. I have not seen that for a long time though. They dont seem to be so worried about it these days for some reason.
On a recent train service down from Belfast the Gardai only checked people who were awake. Anyone asleep was presumed to be native.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Lots of people who should have documents with a visa travel over the border. They used to have Garda immigration in a red van along the motorway in the border area and stop buses/coaches etc... Also at the first train stop in the Republic of Ireland from Northern Ireland. I have not seen that for a long time though. They dont seem to be so worried about it these days for some reason.
Probably just as worried but I suspect that the austerity cutbacks may provide the answer.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On a recent train service down from Belfast the Gardai only checked people who were awake. Anyone asleep was presumed to be native.
The quintessential Irish solution!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Probably just as worried but I suspect that the austerity cutbacks may provide the answer.
More like other things to look at like diesel and guns You are more likely to see customs dipping vehicles than immigration these days.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I hear BA have provided further training to the internal focus group that came up with the idea............

Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Can you make that a bit simpler for them? It is far too complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.