Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by highexpectations
You're absolutely right. Our holidays plans are far more important than a 15 minute spa treatment. Just thought it might be nice to take advantage of the facilities seen as we are flying First that's all, but unfortunately we can't.

We will still have a lovely holiday regardless.
Isn't this sorta like b---ing and moaning that your flying in F out of and or into LHR and want to try the dinner menu in the CCR but your flight leaves at 09:00 and they aren't serving dinner at that time so you fire off an email to complain about it ?! I rarely comment on these type of threads but this really was one of the saddest I've seen. The free spa is not open and you don't want to spend hundreds to change the flight to get the $8.00 free 15 min chair massage
Seriously - it was good for a laugh
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Believe me, the spa is a waste of space. Save that money and enjoy a proper spa in Bangkok.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:55 pm

It took up more of your time to call them and post than you would have enjoyed in the 15 minute massage.

BTW a 15 minute massage makes no sense. They are too cheap to offer a proper, 45-60 minute one.

You aren't missing anything.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Err, he's been here for over two years.

Apologies to all, I was looking at the post number and took it to be the number of posts the OP had made.

That said, I think we could be more objective and less 'how dare you criticize BA'.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by botham
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Err, he's been here for over two years.

Apologies to all, I was looking at the post number and took it to be the number of posts the OP had made.

That said, I think we could be more objective and less 'how dare you criticize BA'.
Go on then
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Fair enough the spa treatments aren't that much. But if the opening hours are restricted (I wonder if BA could offer an alternative e.g vouchers for the spa shop
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
For people familiar (FTers) with BA 's spa provision, the Elimis spa's limitations will come as no surprise. But I have some sympathy with the OP, the 'subject to availability' line is fine if you pull up with 30 minutes notice, but there are clearly some longhaul flights that have little chance of getting spa treatments given the spas opening hours. It seems their promotion of spa services builds expectations they often can't deliver.

BA provide the spa because Virgin do. It's not amazing, but its free and not a bad way to kill some time before a flight. In terms of competition, I don't think BA are bad. Last time I went with VS you could book them, they are good, but the slots do go fast. Thai is great in F, but the services are more limited in J, and more like the shopping mall approach mentioned above. The most bizarre experience I have had was with Etihad. I'm convinced the guy had had no training. I had a facial and it was v strange - he massaged my eye lids.

But before we moan too much, I do see the service is the type of thing that might be cut, particularly if VS/DL cut the service. It's far from a standard, there are quite a few good airlines out there that don't do spa services. Someone correct me, but I don't think CX, SQ or OZ do.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Ms BTC now insists we arrive 30 minutes earlier at LHR for the 08:30 flight to DME, so she can use the spa.. Tells me the treatments are fun before the flight and therefore my day is easier after Ms BTC has had her 15 Mins.... Me, I Smile, get up earlier and go in CCR and eat Sausage, Bacon two Eggs and Toast with a Cappuchino
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC
On the contrary, on my last visit to the spa (and I have been very lucky in getting appointments to date) I was told that BA are expanding the service to include eyebrow threading and men's shaving, with refurbs of the spa areas - due to be implemented in the next few months.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by bafan
On the contrary, on my last visit to the spa (and I have been very lucky in getting appointments to date) I was told that BA are expanding the service to include eyebrow threading and men's shaving, with refurbs of the spa areas - due to be implemented in the next few months.
Are they expanding the staffing levels and appointment availability, or just increasing the range of services that one can seldom actually access?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by bafan
That sounds like good news although shaving is one of those services which I entrust only to very well trained and experienced 'operatives'... It is unlikely to be a cut-throat service and it will be a challenge for someone else shaving you with a disposable razor to be better than doing it yourself...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by dubbin
Are they expanding the staffing levels and appointment availability, or just increasing the range of services that one can seldom actually access?
^
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
But we never get to use the Arrivals lounge because it closes at 2:30pm and our flights always land after 3. I would thought that would have been more to moan about. Again something that BA advertises a service but lots and lots of people never get to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.