Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by highexpectations
Ok sorry to started this. Just thought as this was a BA forum, might have been of interest that's all.

Sorry to have annoyed so many of you.
I think the point is that the Spa is a joke and not worth the 15 minutes out of your life. There are other airlines that do a much better job.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: BA
Sorry to have annoyed so many of you.
I think we're more annoyed at the fact you've felt this was worthy of complaining to BA. In fact not just that you complained but you felt it was "needless to say" that you contacted CS. Completely ridiculous IMO.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
If the spa in T3 is only there to serve the BKK flight (all other longhaul is from T5) it would make sense that the Spa is open at times to serve this departure.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
In the interest of constructive feedback, an approach more likely to generate useful discussion might have been:

Is anyone else a bit frustrated at the restricted opening hours of the T5 Elemis Spa? My wife and I are flying from X to Y in F and will unfortunately narrowly miss out on the spa in both directions. There's a £150 change fee on my connecting flight which is clearly not worth it for a 15 minute spa appointment. Clearly if it were a deal-breaker, I could have checked the spa opening and closing times in advance but the connection in question was much more convenient. Has anyone else had this problem, and do people agree that the spa ought to be open for longer? Or perhaps the non-availability of spa appointments could be flagged during the booking process?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nux
Surely BA should extend the opening/closing hours for you to have a 15min 'spa' treatment
At least your post lives up to your username.
No not at all. I'd never expect them to extend their hours for us. That's not what I meant, just that I am surprised that the hours don't cover all the flights that depart and arrive when it's meant to be a benefit of flying that particular class of cabin.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:16 am

highexpectations, if you book a hotel night which comes with free breakfast between 0600-0900, but you have to leave the hotel at 0545, do you feel compelled to write to the hotel's customer relations department to complain breakfast wasn't available to you?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Oh my goodness I really have opened a can of worms here.

Sorry to have wasted people's time and I will get the mods to delete my post.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Wow some people are just never satisfied.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
I think we're more annoyed at the fact you've felt this was worthy of complaining to BA. In fact not just that you complained but you felt it was "needless to say" that you contacted CS. Completely ridiculous IMO.
It's not ridiculous contacting customer service, it's called feedback.

It depends how it was worded though. If it sounds way over the top and saying things like it's ruined the holiday then CS aren't going to see it as a sensible complaint.

But nothing wrong in saying to BA that you would have liked the facility available and would've used it if it was. That shows demand and if other people feel the same it might see some adjustment of the opening times.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by layz
It's not ridiculous contacting customer service, it's called feedback
Agreed, but if it was feedback in the true sense, shy is the Op so intent on receiving a response from BA?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:28 am

Oh my goodness I really have opened a can of worms here.
Not really. You have a viewpoint which you are entitled to, and many of us disagree. The fact that we can have a good debate without name-calling and bad-mouthing etc, shows the maturity of FT.

I hope the mods do NOT delete this thread.

I would be interested though in your thoughts to my breakfast question. I wasn't trying to be flippant. I really do see the two as a parallel.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
highexpectations, if you book a hotel night which comes with free breakfast between 0600-0900, but you have to leave the hotel at 0545, do you feel compelled to write to the hotel's customer relations department to complain breakfast wasn't available to you?
Poor analogy. More like....
Hotel check in is at 4pm, check out is at 11am, breakfast is open between 11.30am and 3.30 pm.... Thats doesn't work either, but you get the point, the OP is not trying to do something out of the ordinary, like eating breakfast at 5 in the morning.
If the OP was on a partner flight outside of BA operating hours then fair enough, but BA state that access to their spa is available on their First flights. The fact they close their spa whilst there are still flights about is not the OPs fault.

Stick in there HighExpectations, not everyone is as argumentative as some others on here. That said, the spa is rubbish, I wouldn't waste your time.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it was an airport hotel at an airport that serves many early departures I'd see nothing wrong filling in a feedback card (most hotels leave them in the room) saying an earlier breakfast would have been beneficial.

Again, it's all about the way you word it. As a suggestion, fine, as a sense of entitlement, no.

Although I have missed breakfast before because a hotel had outdated information in the room. I did mention that at reception so they could make a note and update the in-room materials. As I was on a breakfast inclusive rate I thought it would have been a nice gesture if the hotel offered me a gesture (a drinks voucher, or a complimentary course at lunch) but they didn't in this case.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by matthudski
Poor analogy. More like....
Hotel check in is at 4pm, check out is at 11am, breakfast is open between 11.30am and 3.30 pm.... Thats doesn't work either, but you get the point, the OP is not trying to do something out of the ordinary, like eating breakfast at 5 in the morning.
If the OP was on a partner flight outside of BA operating hours then fair enough, but BA state that access to their spa is available on their First flights. The fact they close their spa whilst there are still flights about is not the OPs fault.

Stick in there HighExpectations, not everyone is as argumentative as some others on here. That said, the spa is rubbish, I wouldn't waste your time.
As has been said, spa appointments are subject to availability. If it were important to me, I'd glance at the spa opening and closing times. Perhaps these could be more visible.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by layz
If it was an airport hotel at an airport that serves many early departures I'd see nothing wrong filling in a feedback card (most hotels leave them in the room) saying an earlier breakfast would have been beneficial.

Again, it's all about the way you word it. As a suggestion, fine, as a sense of entitlement, no.

Although I have missed breakfast before because a hotel had outdated information in the room. I did mention that at reception so they could make a note and update the in-room materials. As I was on a breakfast inclusive rate I thought it would have been a nice gesture if the hotel offered me a gesture (a drinks voucher, or a complimentary course at lunch) but they didn't in this case.
I've had hotels make me a packed breakfast for early departures. For flying spa treatments, I guess this translates to a pat on the back as you board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.