FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1499521-first-elemis-spa-negative-feedback.html)

highexpectations Sep 2, 2013 6:24 am

FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback

Hi,

Just had a right farce of a phone call to YouFirst. Flying out to Bangkok shortly in First and attempted to book Spa Treatments. However, our connection into Heathrow doesn't arrive until 25 minutes before the Spa closes, so we can't book the treatments due to the fact that we won't get there quickly enough. Asked if there was another fight we could swap on to in order to get to Heathrow earlier and there is. However, it was going to cost us £160 to get our connection flight changed! £160 for 15 minute spa treatments.
So, on to the way home, we arrive into Heathrow early and request to book treatments for the way home after our long flight in First. However, our connection home is 10 minutes after the Spa opens, so again we cannot book any treatments!

Needless to say, have fed back with customer relations. I'll expect a response sometime next year, like my last piece of feedback from flying First.

Cheers BA!

IThink Sep 2, 2013 6:26 am

i thought it was going to be a quiet afternoon.

More Champagne Sir? Sep 2, 2013 6:31 am

They *REALLY* aren't worth getting excited and agitated about. Surely you have more important parts of your holiday to plan / worry about?

More Champagne Sir? Sep 2, 2013 6:32 am

Originally Posted by highexpectations (Post 21375796)
Needless to say, have fed back with customer relations. I'll expect a response sometime next year,

Dear highexpectations, Spa treatment are subject to availability. They are not available when you will be at Heathrow. End of.
BA.

highexpectations Sep 2, 2013 6:33 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 21375819)
They *REALLY* aren't worth getting excited and agitated about. Surely you have more important parts of your holiday to plan / worry about?

You're absolutely right. Our holidays plans are far more important than a 15 minute spa treatment. Just thought it might be nice to take advantage of the facilities seen as we are flying First that's all, but unfortunately we can't.

We will still have a lovely holiday regardless.

highexpectations Sep 2, 2013 6:33 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 21375829)
Dear highexpectations, Spa treatment are subject to availability. They are not available when you will be at Heathrow. End of.
BA.

Love it ;)

louie-m Sep 2, 2013 6:36 am

I flew my first BA first earlier this year and tried a spa treatment. To be honest, even if I was flying first again (unlikely as I didn't consider it 50% (in Avios) better than club world), I'd be unlikely to bother with another trip to the spa. It's really nothing to get excited about. Try Thai first class through Bangkok to see how it should be done.

dubbin Sep 2, 2013 6:37 am

If spa treatments are so important to you, you should have checked the opening hours and booked accordingly. If not, why bother complaining here about something so trivial? You can't really have expected BA to keep the spa open or alter the terms of your ticket for this?

TheAberdonian Sep 2, 2013 6:51 am

I really thought this post was a joke!

You seriously wasted 5 minuted of your life having a rant about this!

Land-of-Miles Sep 2, 2013 6:52 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 21375819)

I would go further and say that they are a complete waste of time and effort albeit the T3 Spa is better than that at T5.

Only the JFK Spa is arguably worthwhile as they still offer decent facilities rather than the sort of treatment space you might find in the middle of a shopping mall.

Corpt Sep 2, 2013 6:54 am

I'm not entirely sure what you want BA to do about it?

highexpectations Sep 2, 2013 6:58 am

Ok sorry to started this. Just thought as this was a BA forum, might have been of interest that's all.

Sorry to have annoyed so many of you.

jlsw7 Sep 2, 2013 7:09 am

Availability of spa treatments is poor. How many treatment rooms/providers are there at LHR T5A and T5B? 10-15? So, maybe 40 treatments provided per hour. How many CW or F passengers does BA carry out of LHR T5 each day? 10,000? We all understand that spa treatments are subject to availability, but they are an advertised benefit of flying in CW and F and yet the chances of being able to secure one are really low. There should be a lot more treatment rooms and providers.

nux Sep 2, 2013 7:09 am

Surely BA should extend the opening/closing hours for you to have a 15min 'spa' treatment :confused:
At least your post lives up to your username.

To Eat.To Drink Sep 2, 2013 7:11 am

Originally Posted by highexpectations (Post 21375936)
Ok sorry to started this. Just thought as this was a BA forum, might have been of interest that's all.

Sorry to have annoyed so many of you.

I understand your point, if others don't. BA advertise the Spa treatments as part of the F (and J) experience. In your case, the spa is closed when your flights arrive/depart so you will not be able to avail yourself of the treatments. BA should ensure that their Spa is open to coincide with departing and arriving flights.