Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Want to know your CIV score? Just ask then!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to know your CIV score? Just ask then!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Action Man
... Many GGLs do MRs and seek TPs to get upgrade certificates etc. etc. ...
Really? Based on what evidence?

I think it much more likely that the GGLers are very regular business travellers who would rather have a tooth pulled without anaesthetic than get on yet another aircraft just to do a mileage run.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Really? Based on what evidence?

I think it much more likely that the GGLers are very regular business travellers who would rather have a tooth pulled without anaesthetic than get on yet another aircraft just to do a mileage run.
Not a single flight taken for any other reason than work in the last 18 months... I'm with Tobias-UK on this.. The GUF2s are really only Avios-savers when I use them so are not worth getting too excited about
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Royal Ambassador
GGL a gimmick ? It is by far the single most useful status level I've ever had for so many reasons - useful things far from gimmicks !

And nope, not a single TP run done ... why on earth would I want to be on a plane more ???

Ed
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:34 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Action Man
There are GGLs that spend next to nothing on BA metal
Name three.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Name three.
I don't travel unless I have to fly for work or for holiday. I am not sure why anyone would do a mileage run to get to a status level but I guess people do. The idea of non-essential flying fills me with dread.

On the topic of GGL and BA, since Jan, I have not really flown on BA metal - preferring CX and new AA seats. I think I have done 25% BA and the rest on CX,AA, MH in 2013 - at a guess. It is possible
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Agree with the other posters, I will never do an MR to maintain GGL or any status for that matter. I'm about to lose the CCR card (which I held for one year) and would not dream of an MR so I could keep it even though I'm quite close.

Admittedly, I lost it because of BA's changes on the TLV route which has decreased premium seat capacity and caused me to have to make a couple of trips to NA on other airlines but still, the point remains GGLers generally fly too much anyway and I suspect most of them do most of their travel on BA.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by economyman
Agree with the other posters, I will never do an MR to maintain GGL or any status for that matter. I'm about to lose the CCR card (which I held for one year) and would not dream of an MR so I could keep it even though I'm quite close.

Admittedly, I lost it because of BA's changes on the TLV route which has decreased premium seat capacity and caused me to have to make a couple of trips to NA on other airlines but still, the point remains GGLers generally fly too much anyway and I suspect most of them do most of their travel on BA.
If BA was smart, they would beef up CCR card privileges and make some GGL fly more to get there. Just access to the Concorde Room is not a great benefit at all.

CCR card qualification could be changed to 3,000 TP on BA metal only and BA could think about some nice perks.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
If BA was smart, they would beef up CCR card privileges and make some GGL fly more to get there. Just access to the Concorde Room is not a great benefit at all.

CCR card qualification could be changed to 3,000 TP on BA metal only and BA could think about some nice perks.
I'll say that 1 TP=70 BIS miles (in discount Y)
210,000 AA miles is worth MUCH more than the equal amount of Avios IMO.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77

I'd agree that the CCR "level" should be beefed up. Doesn't even (consistently) provide access to the Concorde Dining area in the Arrivals Lounge. However every one of my TPs to get CCR were BA metal only so I don't want qualification reduced

(actually I lie... I was moved twice from BA to BD when BA shorthauled the overnight to DME... but moved by BA and by then BD was part of BA anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.