Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Happy Friday! Ready for some out-of-office time in Greece! Yay!.... but (screech of brakes), just had an email from BA to say our BWI-LHR flight has been cancelled and have been rebooked on 'the next available flight' - DCA-BOS-LHR tomorrow. Ugh.
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 3 others like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
Happy Friday. Just had AY (Finnair) Post 40 TP and 1196 Avios to my BA Account for a flight that I did not book, pay for or travel 😀. My booking was ARN to HEL. I got the TPs and Avios for that flight. However since the flight originated in BGO via ARN to HEL same flight number, I got TP and Avios from BGO to HEL 😀
Something like this?? Me too. Let's keep it under our hats..

Happy Friday all! Greek islands for a week from tomorrow.... and flying from T5 rather than LGW as well. What a result 👍🏼

Now fewer than 100 TPs from requalification.. will be fewer than 60 TPs by the end of the week.
rapidex, DaveS, firstlight and 4 others like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by TTmex

I've been having to cope with a very painful lower back but this morning I feel I'm through the worst.

​​​​​
As an intermittent back pain sufferer myself I recommend bourbon in quantities commensurate with pain level Hope it clears up soon!
Old May 17, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Happy Friday everyone,

Quiet week for me, spent it working to earn my pay in order to fund more holidays :-) and got my GUF2 for a future trip.

Will spend the rest of day booking ferries between Singapore and Malaysia and organising Raffles to pick us up from Changi when we visit Singapore next month.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Something like this?? Me too. Let's keep it under our hats..

Happy Friday all! Greek islands for a week from tomorrow.... and flying from T5 rather than LGW as well. What a result 👍🏼

Now fewer than 100 TPs from requalification.. will be fewer than 60 TPs by the end of the week.
Exactly this 😀. Enjoy the Greek Islands I was in Crete earlier this month Heraklion. The whole resort was solely for a family wedding. It was great and we all enjoyed it. About 300 family members and friends.
T8191 and DaveS like this.

Last edited by Kay_Baden; May 17, 2024 at 8:25 am
Old May 17, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
Exactly this 😀. Enjoy the Greek Islands I was in Crete earlier this month Heraklion. The whole resort was solely for a family wedding. It was great and we all enjoyed it. About 300 family members and friends.
wow. Quite some celebration. My week is purely downtime, some sun and a tiny bit of walking around 😀☀️
DaveS likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
...Happy Friday all! Greek islands for a week from tomorrow.... and flying from T5 rather than LGW as well. What a result 👍🏼
Might see you there, flights depending!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
wow. Quite some celebration. My week is purely downtime, some sun and a tiny bit of walking around 😀☀️
It was a great destination wedding location at the Abaton Resorts Hotel
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Continuing to be one of the coldest May's on record here with much lower temperatures than usual. At least this week has been dry allowing the soya harvest to continue.

The supermarket had a 4 for 2 offer on Guinness yesterday which I gladly accepted.

Old May 17, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JapesUK
As an intermittent back pain sufferer myself I recommend bourbon in quantities commensurate with pain level Hope it clears up soon!
Tell that to my coach.

I might have a glass of red tonight. But asides that, it's stretching and exercise to get me through this one. Haha. How times change.
SKT-DK, DaveS and JapesUK like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Be careful or you might find yourself the subject of an inquisition on that other thread if you dare to have a drink outside of approved hours
Fritz, rapidex, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
A belated Happy Friday post; exchanged on our parental home for probate

Much stress and had to be tougher than expected and set a deadline !

All good in the end

Now a bit sad to say goodbye to our family home of 50 years
HIDDY, alex67500, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rapidex
Happy weekend all. Pension day today, so mrs rapidex took me off to Big C supermarket. I spent half the afternoon pushing a trolley around, but at least the 2 feidge freezers are now fully stocked. Domestic drudgery is not really my thing. At least I got to sit with a couple of Changs and some chicken on a stick before she was ready to go home. Good luck to alex67500 on the jobs front. No longer a problem for me, but in the past been there done that.
I cannot stand grocery shopping either. And to make matters worse, the wife just brought durian back from Rayong and every time I open the fridge it stinks so badly! Can I seek refuge at your house rapidex? I promise I will bring you Chang

On another note, this past week’s trip nets me my GUF2, so at least cheers to that

Sorry to hear of the job situation, alex67500 - I hope everything works out to your advantage!
HIDDY, rapidex, alex67500 and 2 others like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I cannot stand grocery shopping either. And to make matters worse, the wife just brought durian back from Rayong and every time I open the fridge it stinks so badly! Can I seek refuge at your house rapidex? I promise I will bring you Chang

On another note, this past weeks trip nets me my GUF2, so at least cheers to that

Sorry to hear of the job situation, alex67500 - I hope everything works out to your advantage!
You're welcome Mrs rapidex walked past the durian without buying any, much to my relief. When you come bring Leo's, Changs are easy to get here
DaveS likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Friday went well for us. iWife had a 2-unit blood transfusion, and medical prognosis is highly promising. And our road is open again, thus avoiding a 2.5 mile detour to get back to within 150m of the house! More holiday planning back on the agenda! 😎
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 12 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.